“white bright and clean :)”
Review of Bendis Beach Hotel

Bendis Beach Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Akyarlar
Reviewed 17 August 2011

stayed from 25 july for 10 days - hotel was spotlessly clean and white - rooms white airy and very clean . food was delicious and something for everyone -(dont expect your traditional english fry-up) stay in England for that!! Staff were very friendly and helpful - whole hotel area was clean and gardens kept beautiful. Right on the beach but not too many activities. Beach bar drinks were not as nice as the pool bar (not sure why). No trouble finding sunbeds- quite a small hotel - not many english people!! Pool towels are provided for a returnable deposit. Lots of comfy seating areas around to relax. A very relaxing holiday :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank bev r
There are newer reviews for Bendis Beach Hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Writing this review whilst still here at the hotel, firstly I will state that I will 'try' and give a balanced appraisal of the overall experience!!
Firstly, the holiday was booked via ice lolly . com who rated this as a 5 star!!! Having stayed the previous 2 years in 5 star (turkish style) I had an appreciation of what I thought I could expect. With hindsight I 'should' have checked it out on other sites because I now find it's official rating is 3 star (which is about correct) shame on you ice lolly.
The hotel has failed to meet our expectations on a number of fronts, the main one being the food, this is repetitive to say the least, and at best, just edible. I'm a man of simple tastes lol but have never been to an hotel which doesn't have a toaster in the breakfast sitting, I actually asked a waiter for toast and he looked at me as if I had 2 heads and said rather abruptly "No". No tea/coffee facilities in the room and a restaurant which is not big enough to cope with the number of guests. A point to note for the future is that they are currently extending the hotel to add a few hundred more rooms and I have seen no evidence of further eating facilities etc. The 1 pool this hotel is not big enough and is routinely taken over in the afternoon by the entertainment team for water polo, thus meaning no-one else can use it. Whilst on the subject of the entertainment/animation team, forget it if you are english and you want to join in, everything is aimed at the local tourists (turkish) and the russian/french holiday makers. I would at this stage say that one guy (Ortune) has attempted to make the effort with us, but as an english/british tourist you are VERY much in the minority (which is fine by me). The hotel as well as only having one pool and one restaurant, also only has one bar which in turn only has one barman who is allowed to serve. Be aware that not all other nationalities have yet grasped the idea of waiting in line to be served, patience and a belief in karma are needed in large quantities!! I don't want to sound too negative about the place, the rooms are very smart and newly decorated but be aware that unless you are out of the room by 9am at the latest each morning the domestic staff will not clean it for you, this I found unacceptable, when on holiday I want to relax and unwind, not feel that I have to get up to have the room cleaned. Overall the general staff around the place are friendly enough, a little too friendly with my teenage daughters if the truth be known, but I suppose that is something I was prepared for and was able to monitor accordingly.
Would I go back? . . . . . No
Why? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Because I feel (know) there is better quality/value to be had in Turkey
With all the above in mind, we haven't had too bad a time here (just at end of week one of two) like most things in life 'it's what you make it' and I feel that the rating of 3 is a fair one.
Happy hols everyone (time for me to go for a swim)

p.s. forgot to mention the balcony!!!!!! never seen such a small balcony, impossible for 2 people to sit out on it!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Tomogan
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This hotel has a 139 rooms 138 filled by turkish people the other room was my wife and i british.so this hotel was not geared for us only two of the staff could a little english the food again was not geared for us we had to eat out somenights .entertainment there was none they sat around doing nothing.not once in ten days did they clean the floors around the pool or bar area,the toilets where very dirty.The only thing i will say in favour of this hotel they are under new management and it is closing 4 weeks early to rectify the faults and re-open next year as a five star european hotel i happen to know this team and they already have two excellent hotels.On a final note the troubles in this hotel having being going on since last year and ave been logged but the british holiday companys are still sending us there that to me is a disgrace.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank biilofkent
Reviewed 8 July 2010

first of all i need to say sorry to fellow travellers for taking so long to write review but to be honest we were trying to forget our trip to this hotel as a bad dream. Turkey was and is a lovely place to visit and the positives are that the hotel is a really good location to a local villiage and town both which were lovely wih good food, Also the excursions we did were wonderful including a boat trip and a trip to effes and Pamukkale.

Rooms - after arriving at 3 am in the morning we requested to change rooms as it had an infestiation of ants, stains on sheets, a large bush had grown over the balcony which was also flooded due to a continously running hose. The balcony also only had one broken plastic chair on it.
Our secod room although better had a hole in the ceiling in the bathroom through wihch you could see the sky, the tv didn't work and when the room was cleaned (which wasn't often enough) we were regularly left no towels as they had run out! There were also no chairs to sit on the balcony and no hot water for a shower.

service - It was no suprise that other guests as well as ouselves suffered terribly fromfood poisoning. We didnt use any of the all inclusive facilities at the hotel after the first 4 days including drinks. The staff at this hotel seem more interested in harrassing the female guests as apposed to helping customers. My worst experience of this was waiting in the queue for lunch and being propositioned by the person serving despite the fact my partner was right beside me! When I stated my partner was there the guy continued his advancement!! The personal hygiene of the staff was also very poor, this included burping over our breakfasts, picking their noses, leaving food uncovered, debris and rubbish not being regularly removed, tables being wiped with old rags and gin, and this is only the start of the list of poor hygiene issues at this hotel, the worst of which was that widows were left open to the kitchen/prep area allowing the many cats in the resort to sleep and eat in he kitchen where our food was being prepared.
When we tried over and over again to speak to managemen we were told management wasn't on site and the one day the manager was their he refused to speak to us!

Drink - From our first day at the resort tere was no wine despite it being listed as an available drink, soft drinks were not kept chilled and vodka especially tended to 'run out' around 10 pm and then suddenly be availabe after 12 when you had to pay for it.

spa- this was the one highlight of the hotel. On our first day at the hotel we had a turkish bath which was a fantastic experience . All I can say is that if all the staff in the hotel were as friendly and hard working as those in this area it would be a huge improvement to this hotel.

nightlife - the animation team there were more interested in making sure they had a good time rather than the visitors and although they arranged for our boat trip this as their only redeeming quality. all the listed games which were due to hpapen during the day didnt, except darts, the club which was on site wasn't staffed and was empty.

All in all if your visiting Turkey dont stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glasgowcouple9
Reviewed 28 June 2010

dirty rooms, cats everywhere, dissgusting food, rude hotel staff .

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank littleboz
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This was our first time in Turkey and thanks to this Hotel I will never go back to Turkey. I booked the holiday with Bookable Holidays who when I phoned to complain really did not care at all. This hotel has four stars but I think it's true rating is 1*. I use to also be a holiday rep for Thomas Cook in Europe and the service we did'nt get from the two reps we seen said it all.
The hotel is old and dirty, the choice of food is rubbish and the food hall has no flie net for the buffet and also has animals walking through it.

You drink your tea and coffee from plastic cups as the had no tea cups.

This hotel in my opion should be closed down.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Ok. i was going to just assume this was a bad one, but it put my daughter in danger,

When we arrived, it looked beautiful on the outside, We were shown to our room which wasnt brill but it was decent. We went for some food with our toddler- we are all vegetarians, all we could eat was rice chips and very old salad...with a side of flies. This was my first family holiday. One man id like to give credit to was the chef. he always made a special effort to talk to us, he loved my daughter and played with her. I will always owe thanks to this man who put food aside for her that was almost edible. We had no hot water for 3 days, no drinking water. coffee in a plastic cup...ouch! the ground had no grip whatsoever- the childrens pool had urine on the side of it. There was a bit of a shoot out one night. not the first time from what ive heard. One man walked over and picked my baby up while we were playing in the basketball court and started walking away- when we chased up and asked what he was doing- he said he wanted to play with her....this is not normal. the ocean was beautiful but the beach was COVERED in awful things. guard dogs on the beach which terrified us all. I had one man flash his manhood at me at every oppertunity (if you are reading this- you are a discrace) and a member of staff leared at me and gave me flowers when my other half wasnt looking- even when he saw me bin them. I think that the hotel was once a fantastic one. but really not anymore. If you value your life and your families....dont go- you dont know what might happen/

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank rexo123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akyarlar
La Brezza Suite & Hotel
#17 of 53 in Turgutreis
Charm Beach Hotel
Charm Beach Hotel
#9 of 53 in Turgutreis

Been to Bendis Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!