My mum and I stayed at this hotel in september 2012. Just got round to actually writing the review. I booked the holiday through Travelsoon.com; whatever you so please avoid them like the plague they are a bunch of cowboys who are quick to lie to get your money but not quick to sort anything out. I was told this hotel was based in turgetries, IT IS NOT,the location of this hotel is Akyalar which is a 40 min bus ride away from Turgetries. Even the rep said that alot of people are misled by agencies. Its a very quiet location. The hotel has a supermarket next to it, which sells everything you would need; quite well equipped. The beach is about a 5-10 minute walk and is very nice. The area is mountainous so the roads are uneven and very rocky there are no pavements and everyone drives like maniacs so you have to be very vigilant when walking along these roads, especially at night it can be very dangerous and there is allsort sticking out of the roads and i fell. there is nothing to do here so if you like the hustle and bustle you do not want to stay here. The are a few restaurants but thats it. But if you like it completely quiet then its ideal. I for one wouldnt stay here again as i did not feel it was safe to walk around at night because of how people drove and there isnt anything to do so by 7 we were in our room once we had had our evening meal. When i booked this hotel through travel soon i asked for a sea view, what i got was what the hotel calls a garden view. my front and back views were brick walls i wasnt happy so i spoke to the manager who point blank refused to move us to a sea view room. she showed us some other rooms which were worse. The room was clean but basic, we like to sit in our room but it wasnt possible as it was very claustrophobic. The manager moved us to another room 3days later which had a better view. It was also very basic and was in need of restoration. The hotel was a nice hotel and the staff were absolutley brilliant, they were so friendly. unfortunately i couldnt say the same thing for the manager she was very cold towards me and my mum. The evening meals were nice. We booked the hotel for 12 nights but i couldnt stay here its was just too quiet for us and nothing was easily accessible at all. I contacted travel soon to complain about thier misleading information but they refused to accept liabilty, i asked them to move us to another hotel, which they did but at my cost. Unfortunately travel soon.com being the cowboys that they are checked us out a day early we had gone on a boat trip arrived back at the hotel at 6 to be approached by the manager who was extremely rude to us and told us that we were supposed to have been checked out we had no idea what she was talking about, she refused to listen to what i had to say and wanted us out we had nowhere to go all she was concerned about was getting the room cleaned. i spoke to travel.soon.com again at my expense to sort this mess out, they eventually found us a hotel near bodrum to stay for the night as the following day we had would have been checking in to another hotel in bodrum. It cost me £60 for the taxi fare. We moved to the Depfi hotel and spa in Bodrum and i had also requested that the room we be given was a decent room i was told that it was and not to worry. The room that was had been booked into a the delfi hotel was absolutely disgusting and these rooms were £5 a night. Travel soon.com charged me triple the price. Please read my Review for the Delfi it actuall got better and not worse and would receommend the delfi hotel located in Bodrum.
Oh and i would highly recommend going to Turgetries the beach is lovely and area is nice the market on a Saturday is defo worth a visit. I would definately stay in Turgetries if i was to go again.
Oh and by the way i was left with a £500 phone bill thanx to Travel.soon.com who refused to take any responsilbity for what they had done. They didnt even contact me after their cock up to see if we were ok, crap customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunny Garden Nilufer Hotel is a friendly, family-run, boutique style hotel situated 200 metres (225 yards) from one of the most beautiful, unspoilt, sandy bays on the Bodrum Peninsula. Under Sunny Garden Hotels management, the Nilufer Hotel is ideal for couples, families and is especially for children. If you are looking for a truly enjoyable holiday experience in Turkey, this is the ideal location. Situated just 40 km. (25 miles) from Bodrum International Airport, you will have easy access to both the popular town centres of Turgutreis (8 km./5 miles) and Bodrum (19km./12 miles). Both Turgutreis and Bodrum can be accessed using the local dolmuses (buses) which pass by the front of the hotel several times an hour. Along with a 24-hour service, the Hotel facilities include swimming pool (including children's pool), indoor and outdoor restaurants (serving both British and International food), poolside bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunny Garden Nilufer Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Garden Nilufer Akyarlar
- Hotel Sunny Garden Nilufer
- Sunny Garden Nilufer Hotel Turkey/Akyarlar