Bodrum Imperial
Club Acacia(Turgutreis)
Portofino Hotel(Ortakent)
  • Beachfront
1,516 results
All reviewsthomson repskids clubsnack barice creammain poolturkeyquiet poolfamily hoteladult poolgreat holidaybunk bedsbig poolfamily lifewelcome meetingoutdoor cinemacrazy golfyoung children
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I got a last minute deal with thomson for a week from 10th june . I was a bit worried because we are a couple in our sixties and after we booked realised it was a family hotel . when we arrived the lovely man in reception realised i had a disability with my leg and because the recepetion area has stairs at the back and slope at the side he told the driver to take me to my room with was large .room was cleaned every day .
food was brillant so much to choose from they tiried to cater for all different nationailities
Health and safety was good and they thought of everything for the children all play areas were covered so the children were protected from the sun they even had a step up to the beach bar for them to stand on to reach the bar to get slush puppies etc and the young bar staff were so good with the small children
Anyway getting back to us as a couple in a family complex it was great we had the choice of the quiet pool or garden leading onto the beach .
Only downside was that the snack bar got really busyat lunch time and not a lot of places to sit and tables were not cleared quickly enough. Adult entertainment at night wasnt not great but we would return to this hotel and i would recommend it for families was outstanding for children

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank babs558
tthotels, General Manager at Bodrum Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting your brilliant review following your recent holiday. Myself and the team are delighted you have enjoyed your stay, thank you for recommending us. We hope to see you on a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Me & my family (moi, my husband, and girls 6 & 5months) have just got back from our holiday which was lovely but I wish I had known a few things before we went.

Firstly our room - we arrived at midnight with a baby to no cot in our room (I paid an extra £20 for a cot & throughout the hotel these are advertised as free) had to wait 45 mins for this which had a green mattress! Manky! Luckily I had packed my own mattress topper & sheet (overprotective mum) the floors were FILTHY & our feet were black! So I had to do some cleaning to make it ok for the baby, I did end up wearing socks & shoes throughout our stay because the floors were so disgusting! Our balcony if you could call it that was in a ditch practically (see photos) we were literally in the middle of a bush so insects & Mosquitos were a nightmare! Couldn't use balcony at all. We had no tv & not bathroom light......the list goes on.
So what do you do? We visited our rep Maculy or "big mac" as he is known, friendly enough but only interested in booking you on excursions. Told us he would sort it out & get back to us, few hours later we found him& he hadn't had chance to sort, few days later (by then I assumed we weren't going to be moved) he happened to bump into us in the food hall & just said the hotel was fully booked. This was fine we understood, that was until we were in reception 2 days later & another couple who had complained directly to the hotel were given a list of 7 empty rooms & told to choose whichever they liked! Brilliant! Thanks Big Mac! - my advise would be to take mosquito plug ins as if you were in a room like ours you got bit to death! I had some real nasty ones & had to go on mosquito killing sprees every night before bed!

The rooms aside, the whole place is gorgeous, amazing food with a massive selection at each time of day, lovely cocktails, al a carte was lovely! Ice cream & pizza at the snack bar is to die for! Gorgeous beach & jetty.

Entertainment - the Thomson team were great, really friendly & helpful, made the children feel very comfortable & my little girl had loads of fun at different party's etc only downside is the charges, the famous chocolate party is £10 per child! And if they want to go to the other Saturday party that's £5, which you can hardly say no to when they ask.

Pool - everyone seems to mention the lack of toilet training & closure of pools, this happened once when we were there which ruined the afternoon we had planned. I noticed a lot of the Scandinavian families did not use swim nappies, I think the lifeguards need to do a better job of keeping this in check, walk around & check the babies in the pool have them on! Really isn't that hard! After all they are the ones who have to clear it up so they should be preventing it happening!

All in all we had a lovely holiday but wouldn't go back because of the rooms, I'd advise if travelling with a baby take lots of sanitizer! Also I'd advise to take a hair dryer as the ones provided are rubbish (like ones at swimming baths) and an iron if needed!

Oh & one last thing - Theas coffee shop - lovely little cafe but all chargeable! Hence not seeing one customer in there all week! I felt sorry for the man running it sat on his own day in day out! I really didn't understand the point of a chargeable coffee shop being a few feet away from free coffee machines?! Bizarre!

Room Tip: Beware you don't end up practically underground!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank loukerr84

Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I was sorry to read about your disappointment with the tooms and wished you had reported it to our Public Relations team straight away so we could have rectified this straight away. For all guests reading this review please share any issues you may experience with yus straight away. I am glad to read you enjoyed all other aspects of your holiday thank you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Can't forget our stay at this Hotel. We where to friends staying here for a week, in need of a relaxing holiday; and we had such a great time.
The hotel is BIG and spacious, the food was great and so varied for every meal, the staff was so kind, helpful and sweet. Everybody did their best to make our stay so pleasant. The rooms was nice size and clean, good air condition and great beds.
I think it was the end of season when we where there, so it was not to crowded. The beach was a little bit more quiet then the pool area, and so nice.
In the evening it was great entertainment, outdoor cinema, nice music and just a lovely atmosphere.
We really enjoyed our stay here, had a wonderful time, and so many good memories. We will (and have) recommend this hotel for everyone we talk to, and especially for families.

Thank you for a great holiday!:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Cecilie N

Myself and the team were delighted to read you had a great holiday at the Imperial. Thank you for recommending us we hope to see you once again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the bodrum imperial for between the dates of 2nd june and 16th june. This is my second time to the hotel as i came here last year. The holiday was brilliant. Apart from when on arrival we were given out room and to our surprise we found a gentleman asleep in our room and we had to wait 2 hours to get another room. Reception staff,although helpful, took their time and i thought they could have been more efficient and prioritised us more. The only other thing was that the pool was shut 5 times due to young children defactating in the pool. I feel this is unacceptable and more has to be done in order to keep the pool clean an open. However apart from that it was brilliant!! The entertainment team and activities were brilliant. Flamy amy (amy newton) tom tom (tom bushell) and tiny tom (tom gaukrodger) were all brilliant and one of the best entertainment teams ive seen! They always had a smile on their faces and they were very professional in their job which i thought was brilliant. Also the kids club reps james bond (james chadwick) stacey, jojo, special k and all the rest were also brilliant and were friendly and easy to talk to. Overall a fantastic holiday and i would definately reccomend this holiday to anyone!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie B

Dear Charlie B

It was a pleasure for myself and the rest of the team to read your review. We are working very hard to remond parents to look after their childrens toilet needs. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your third visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

just come back from this hotel went with my 10year old son and my sister and niece i can not fault it all really except their was not really any entertainment at night for adults except for once a week where turkish dancers and a belly dancer which were magnificent. my son loved this hotel their was so much activities to do the kids cant get bored the staff here were amazing they were so professional from the bar staff to the hotel managment especially TURGAY, all the rooms were cleaned everyday the only thing is the beds were a little hard so id recomment a mattress topper. if i could name all the names i would but i will say to eveybody thank you...i would highly recommend the boat trip this was amazing the two captains from watersports were so nice and helpful they both went that extra mile for us, my son wasnt confident in swimming in the sea to the cave but the captain accompnied him and took him through so thank you again.

also the staff in the wellnesss centre were amazing i must recommend you atleast get atreatment whilst your there they are efficient happy and friendly, my massage was amazing i felt great after it they also offer a few treatments for kids like chocolate massages kids love it!!

i will definatley return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sasha b

Dear sasha b

Thank you for your wonderful review the staff all thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor and for recommending us. We look forward to your next visit.