“green beach not 5 star spainish rating about 3.5 star but ok.”
Review of Green Beach Resort

Green Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Gundogan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“green beach not 5 star spainish rating about 3.5 star but ok.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not a bad hotel but not 5 star about 3.5 star but you should realize this for what you pay.if booking book main hotel not bungalows,when we were there a few bad comments on bungalows but none from main hotel.it's outside a small village Gundogen,10 mins stroll lovely little place nice restaurants on the beach.this hotel is ok I did not have a problem with it,would probably go back,but my wife and I like to go to new places.my rating for hotel 7.5/10.

Room Tip: Main building high floor beautiful views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank largy c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just returned after a 10 day stay. We arrived after midnight and the staff could not have been more welcoming, we were offered food and drinks whilst we booked in. All the staff were so kind and helpful, many of them speaking good English - We could not speak any Turkish, so our communication was only a slight problem. Fabulous sea view room and the rooms were cleaned regularly with fresh towels, shampoo, soap, shower caps
Ali, the reception manager was so helpful when my husband was unwell - very professional, organising help and assistance - but the best part was the fun we had with Kansu, Samah and Ahmed, the Animation Team (entertainment team);forever smiling, laughing and joking, they really made our holiday.
Some areas are a little tired looking and the dining area is difficult when the hotel is full; however the food and dining staff are excellent. The staff are very attentive and help enourmously.
We hired a car for 3 days and went travelling; found lots of little coves and fab little Turkish places to eat and drink - just to experience more of Turkey, rather than just staying at the resort; we do this everywhere we go - it's not a reflection on the hotel.
I had my hair done by the hairdresser on my first day; I had not had time before I left, excellent cut and highlights; my sister is a professional hairdresser (but she lives miles away)so I know a good one when I see one and he definitely is.
I have only given a 3 for sleep as there is a disco which goes on until 2am which caused us sleep problems but the bed was very comfortable.
I have strongly recommended Green Beach to work colleagues as a lovely place to go for a holiday, relaxation and brilliant people - Go and enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Frances J
London
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I was at this hotel with four fellow female mates in August 2013. Well, where do I begin!? Firstly, the reception staff, bellboys and guest relations manager- dreadful is an understatement.

Upon arrival, the reception staff tried extremely hard to negotiate with and place us in one of the villas which we declined; as it was a bit of a walk from the main building. Turns out the reason for this was that they had given our pre-booked rooms to 'the owner's relatives/guests'!

They then took us to two other isolated rooms which had keys labelled 'disabled room 1' and 'disabled room 2', in which everything was suited for disabled people-from holding bars in the bathroom to special toilet seats. There were spiders in almost every corner and the towels were filthy!

After several visits to the reception and guest relations manager - where almost a quarter of the hotel guests seemed to be meeting to fire complaints also, we managed to upgrade to a larger family room which was only OK.
Our rooms were not cleaned unless requested, our beach towels were covered in coffee stains and we were not provided with loo roll. The housekeeping 'manager' was far too cheeky and not apologetic at the slightest.

Finding a table or even a seat at meal times was stress, and by the time we could find somewhere to sit our food would be freezing cold - (nothing particularly appetising throughout our 10 night stay, anyway). The most stressful and frustrating 10 days I have ever spent.

Whatever you do, however cheap your holiday may be and no matter how appealing this hotel may seem - please avoid!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
16 Thank Ozlem K
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

went to green beach with a group of friends one who has also wrote a review on here the hotel location was abit out in the stix it cost £50 return in a taxi to either gumbet or bodrum room was ok but decor and bathroom a little tired beds were comfy but quite often there was a foul smell near our room when we opened the balcony doors..... staff were very ignorant and very few spoke little english if any at all which was frustrating at times.... and the food was edible....just!!!.....but barely warm.........the pools were nice and enjoyed nights at the on site nightclub.....would not go there again

Room Tip: just dont go there
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank debbieonair5
Seaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just returned after 14 day enjoyable stay. After reading the reviews of guests who stayed at the same time I felt it necessary to point out the following:
* Original bedroom was clean but small, asked to be moved, 2 days later given a much nicer room with sea view and terrace.
* Our door key not working efficently, reprogrammed a few times and then replaced.
*The food was very good, true that it was not always steaming hot from the buffet trays and maybe not gourmet, but a good,varied choice with nightly specials that were freshly cooked so obviously hot!! We chose to eat an hour or so after the restaurant opened as at opening time there was usually a queue.
*The hotel provides a regular mini bus serice into Bodrum for approx £10.00 return. Also there is a local bus service from the entance of the resort ( change at Gundogan bus station) for Bodrum that runs every 30 mins and costs under £2.50 per person each way.
* Regarding the Russian guests, some of which were arragant and rude,just count to ten, smile and forget!!
* There is a good choice of areas with sun loungers but I suggest placing a towel to reserve them before breakfast! When in Rome etc etc
I recommend a trip into Bodrum and a boat trip, we paid £ 8.00 per person for an all day trip with lunch provided, purchased from a kiosk in Bodrum. Try Gundogan as we saw boats leaving from there each day.Don't purchase via hotel, costs a lot more.
In all this hotel is good value for money, it is in a beautiful setting, the weather was perfect. The staff do their best to speak English and are very helpful. if you require luxury then pay twice as much and go else where.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room ask for a transfer.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank sally g
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Worst Hotel I Have Ever Experienced!!!!!!!, Just Retuned 23/09/2013 From 14 Days, Would Rather Stayed In Colditz, The Hotel Is In The Middle Of Nowhere And It Costs £50 In a Taxi To Reach bodrum Town. On Arrival To Our Room The Bed Was Not Made Cigarette Butts On Floor And Rubbish Still In The Bin From Previous Occupant, Its Full Of Arogant Russians Pushing in All Of The Time, The Staff In The Hotel Welcome The Russians More Than British. Food Was Cold Every Single Day Had To Eat Soup For 14 Days On An All Inclusive Holiday The Russians Cue Up For Meal Time So Its 50 Deep On Arrival at Resteraunt And They Are So Greedy Piling Food on There Plates and No One Smiles, They Take All The Sun Loungers Around The Pools With There Towels Even The Hotel Staff Were Looking Forward To Leaving The Place Wich hould Say Enough I Cannot Tell You Hoe Much I Was Glad To Leave This !!it Hole

Room Tip: Best Tip For A Good Room Is To Choose Another Hotel As Far Away As Possible DONT GO !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stevebandanna
Sussex, England
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am 69 years of age and have seen and stayed un all sorts of places around the world but this hotel is by a mile the worst place I have ever been to. The staff are surly and disdainful. They made me feel like I was a nuisance to them. Russians were boorish, greedy, wasteful and invariably drunk; never knowingly walk round someone when it's easier to walk through them.Bathroom grab rail fell off, shower screen fell down, neither were fixed. Cockroaches on floor. Bed was actually quite comfortable. Beach lift not working. The list is endless. Place needs renovating and, in my experience staff's bad attitude emanates from the top. Suggest new CEO with a more positive attitude.The most senior person I met was the Executive chef. If you were lucky you would get a one word grunt for an answer,that word was usually "no". Dinner time was changed to be less convenient to those returning from trips. Opening time 7.00 pm. Closing time 9.00 pm. The wine was taken away at 8pm. (Chilled red wine in tumblers.......sounds 5* doesn't it.) I was SO glad to leave and wouldn't stay there if they paid me. Miles from anywhere. They got me a "taxi" that ran out of diesel after 2 miles. One evening, returning from a trip, the driver got lost! Don't go there!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank ColinSussex_England
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gundogan
Cape Bodrum Beach Resort
#30 of 97 in Bodrum City
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Green Beach Resort? Share your experiences!