Kamelya Selin Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily terraceterrace roomwonderful resortdrinks cocktailssuper hotelturkeywide beachthe entire stafffamily resortair conditionmain restauranttennis courtshotel arearooms are nicewhite winecakesmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2010

One tip to all that are considering going to this complex is MAKE SURE YOU GET A SUPERIOR DELUXE ROOM. we stayed here for 2 weeks and were lucky enough to have one of these rooms, which were lovely. however some families who we got speaking to were not so lucky and were in the family rooms, they said they were horrible, smelly, dark and the beds were awful these families had paid the same price for their holiday as we had and were given a lot less for their money . So make sure when booking with thomas cook you ask for the Superior deluxe as the wont offer you them freely. The germans are \the majority at this complex and as long as you aren't expecting them to be polite with you or your family, you,ll be just fine. Check out U tube for the waterpark opening in \kamelya world to see what I MEAN. Oh and by the way you will end up having to queue early and run when the gates open if you want a sunbed because the germans camp out and manage to aquire every sunbed that has ever been known to man before 7am. Food is ok what you expect for buffet all inclusive, it is catered more for the Germans though. nevertheless you could eat all day and through the night if you wanted to.Plenty of bars for the nighttime again, entertainment is in german. Not alot for my teenage daughter to do of a night and this would be the main reason I would think twice about going there again However if you only want to stay on the complex, which is big enough for you to do that for two weeks, it is great value for money, infact you could go there and spend nothing if you wanted too. On the whole a great holiday, but this was more to do with the great english families we met up with. If your German is up tyo scratch you wont have a problem,if like me its not, keep your ears open find the english and form a group.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank emzie1992
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Me my husband and our 3 children aged 14, 13 and 9 all enjoyed our holiday in Kamelya World. We arrived expecting to be in the holiday village but they had double booked so we were put in the Selin....which was lovely. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The resort as a whole was fantastic.....the pools great and clean..football pitches excellent so I am told by my hubbie and son lol. My daughters enjoyed the flumes, the "queues" went down exceptionally quick, if there were any queues.....We made the mistake of putting our towels on the loungers before 7am, they were taken away and laid on a lounger along with others so we missed our loungers. 7am is the time to "book" the loungers. The sea is beautiful and plenty of loungers. The water sports are a must!!!!!

The food is fantasic there is something for everyone, no-one will starve!! lol

The market just outside the complex was fairly good, we enjoyed the experience.

We found the staff at the resort were very helpful and friendly but the airport staff were very grumpy. The airport is very expensive to buy anything, including food and drink...so-called duty free is also very expensive. 21.75 lira for a burger at burger king.....

Overall we would go back...minus the antalya airport lol

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank janna27
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Myself, my Boyfriend and our 2 children aged 3 and 10 have just returned from 10 nights at the Kamelya World resort. We read many reviews before we went but we left with an open mind. There are 3 hotels here and you can use the facilities at all. We did not know on arrival which we would be staying at, some people thought they did, but ended up in one of the others. It would appear to me that the size of your party may well determine where you stay. Families of 4 seemed to be at The Holiday Village, those with two adults and one small child seemed to be in The Selin and those with two adults and teenagers and other random party sizes seemed to be at The Fulya.
Reception staff where helpful, check in was speedy, and we were taken to the room in a buggy :) I read on many reviews that the rooms here were shabby and dirty ect, but we had no complaints about ours. Yes it would have benefitted from updating but it was large and clean. I do know that the rooms at both Selin & Fulya were a lot nicer though, and that the villiage rooms are to be updated very soon.
The hotel is beautiful, the pools are lovely, the kiddy slides were great and the aqua park was excellent. The service we received from the staff was satisfactory although they were not over friendly but towards the end of the holiday it became apparent to me why there weren't. The food was fine, the drink flowing, and the only things you had to pay for were the ice creams at the stalls, popcorn and candy floss. The evening shows were of a high standard (arrive by 9 for a seat and the show starts at 9.30)
As we discovered on the first day, unless you are up by 7 am you will not get a sunbed by any pool, your only opportunity then will only be the water park section where the gates open at 10am. On our second day we were at the water park just before 10am and when those gates opened i laughed and the situation i witnessed. You have to see it to believe it (look on you tube, type in Kamelya world sun bed run) and you'll laugh. It was rather like the scenes you see on t.v when the doors open at the NEXT half price sale lol.
Running, pushing, and diving for sun beds.
There were a few shops on site with holiday essentials, and a 5 minute walk up the street took you to a selection of shops you could spend an hour walking around. A trip to Side (nearest big town) will cost you 15 euros each way in a Taxi.
We met 2 other British families there who were lovely and im so glad that we did (One of those families go to this Hotel every year and have done for the past ten years and they love it) I dont go on holiday either wanting or expecting to meet other british people, and here there were only a handful anyway, and the rest were Russian and German mainly. I can honestly say that i have never met so many Rude, Greedy and Arrogant people in one place at one time. As nations, both should be embarrassed by their behaviours. Towards the end of the holiday they were really annoying me, so image how the poor staff must feel, dealing with them all year round, and im not just refering to the adults, but their children too. At meal times you would think they had not eaten for weeks. From midway through our holiday, till the end i changed my way of thinking to...As you cant beat they, join them........ they were not going to spoil my holiday but i cringe to admit that at 3.50pm i was the first to start a queue for the 4pm cakes by the pool. However, i need not be as embarrassed as the woman behind me who snatched my plate from my hand!!! For these reasons alone i would doubt i would return here, or to the general region serviced by Antalya airport as our travel agent says the whole area is a common holiday spot for Russians and Germans. Instead i would look for the Dalaman airport region where we stayed last year (See my review of The First Choice Holiday Village Sarigerme)
In summary......... A beautiful place spoilt by the Guests.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Family247
Reviewed 11 March 2010

This has got to e one of the best places we have ever stayed at,fantastic complex.
I dont know where to start this review, GOBSMACKED, when we arrived on the coach and you drove through the main enterance it was amazing, it is so big, its like a town, pools everywhere, two big hotels and lots of bungalows, its got its own private beech, bars all over the complex, you cant go wrong for food and drink,anytime of the day you can get a drink or somthing to eat. people moan about the germans or the russians but to be honest we never had a problem with them. we stayed in one of the hotels on the complex,it was sheer luxuary. the complex has got its own water park, lost count of how many bars,there all over the place, you go out at night and its like doing a pub crawl.
I swear to you this place is awsome,

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank idavies7
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Greeting at hotel was welcoming,pools were great,we had to spend our time between the lovely beach and the aquapark area because the German and Russians were getting up at 5am and occupying all the beds!!!!The aqua park opens at 9am and is a free for all which is rather commical....The rooms are very clean and spacious and the maids clean the rooms every day and change all the towels.The gardens are kept fantasticly clean and all the walkways are kept very clean....Drinks and food seem to be readily available 24/7..There are more swimming pools than I have ever seen at a complex with pools for everyone...A couple of minuses are unfortunately the German &Russians haven't learnt how to stand in queues yet and the certain bar staff could do with being happier!!!
The evening entertainment is mostly in German and you have to get in to the seating area early to have any chance of a seat.....The dragon bar and the ten pin bowling alley were our favourite places as they were cool in what was ridiculous temperatures of 40+ in the day and 30 at night.But all in all a very nice place and fun to be had....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family