“best holiday yet.......”
Review of Alba Royal Hotel

Alba Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Colakli
Reviewed 5 March 2012

my husband and myself stayed here in june11 just wanted to say treat yourselves.
Go to this hotel the staff food every thing is great.
even the walks arounod the hotel have been all done up so no climbing over bits rocks.even people with wheelchairs can enjoy a walk after dinneras pathways all flat..Didnt like the zoo but thats not in the hotel.
If you want a great holiday lovely staff and guests book now.And like myself and husband enjoy spoil yourselves thank to everyone in this hotel we had a great holiday....toni and dee

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank brightstar7
There are newer reviews for Alba Royal Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed at the Alba Royal for the third year running in September 2011,ideal if you do not want any children about as the hotel does not accept them.Staff are great, food is good and the rooms are more than suitable for a holiday stay.Great for a beach holiday but you need to travel if you want to discover more of Turkey as Colakli is a bit spartan.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book a premium room,worth the extra.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Nedsem
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed with our friends in september 2011 here, (for us was the second time here),and we will go again.The hotel it is not very big but nice and clean,good rooms.No children alowed ,sandy beach excelent,water clear ,deep far away from shore,good food.
Best time I think it is september because in summer it is to hot,we had in middle september 35 degrees Celsius,and water 29 degrees.I recomend this hotel for people over 40 years old who don't want noise,night life,just relax and enjoy sun and water,

Room Tip: 3 floor ,seaview
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BoloTino
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We had a week at the Royal Alba in November. I usually like to give a balanced review of what we found, but there was nothing here to fault. We had a lovely large room which was kept imaculare by the room staff. The entertainment was ok and the animation team, no matter what you thought, gave 110% every minute of the day. The food was so varied, you could not help but find something that was terrific and to taste. The grounds are lovely and they have a private bit of beach. They have a bar and toilets near the beach and hot and cold vending machines on the beach. There are signs that the beach was being cleaned every day.
At the pool side bar they have a terrific selection of cakes, pancakes and ice cream - all included with the AI package. The pool itself is clean, but it was too cold for us to swim in.
My wife found the salon very good and not as expensive as it could have been.
Just one other thing that surprised us. The Thomas Cook rep Susan was brilliant and the first one in a while we have found useful and caring about our holiday without trying to sell us trips every second of our holiday. Wonderful.
We shall probably go back again some time in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011
7  Thank J0lly_J0hn
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Just returned from the alba royal which I believe closes this weekend for the winter months.
Spent a week with family and friends and it was a great choice for a winter break. The weather was fantastic which is a bonus at this time of year.
An adults only hotel which was one reason why we chose it. However be aware at this time of year the average age of guests is 65 plus and they are mainly from Germany. Not that this is a problem as most people we came in to contact were very friendly. It was also very nice being one of the youngsters !!!
The hotel us very comfortable not 5 star dlx but very nice. Very very clean, food excellent with plenty of choice. Lovely pool bar served lighter lunches, can recommend the pizza and salad or waffles made to order with chocolate sauce and ice cream.
Beautiful swimming pool, but oh sooooo cold, I managed about 30 seconds. However the sea was still warm enough to swim in and the beach is amazing. Many an hour was spent walking along the surf.
If you are not hardy enough to swim in the sea the indoor pool was very nice. Spa facilities were excellent and we negotiated a great rate for four days of treatments, which included hot stone massages, Turkish bath and full feedback from the manager of the spa on recommended treatments.
The reason the alba royal gets such good reviews are the staff, they are fantastic. From the maid to the waiters to the bar staff infact I can honestly say that everyone we met were wonderful and this is due to a good management team. The entertainment team were very good and I am sure that they enhanced majority of the guests holiday by being professional and entertaining and always ready to chat to many of the guests throughout the day.
Would I return, most definitely possibly earlier than November as I would like to meet more age ranges and nationalities.
The only negative I can give I really did not like the constant irritation of the cat population which spent most of the day around the pool bar waiting for scraps of food. It was not unusual to have 5/6 cats sitting around your table, mewing and crying. I neither like or dislike cats but I found it really tedious having to shoo them away all the time. There were many other guests who felt the same.
We travelled with Thomas Cook who were excellent, great flight, efficient transfer and very good representative called Dan who was available when advertised.
Easy to do your own trips as regular dolmus to Side, Manavgat, antalya. Was also easy to hire a car and would recommend doing in advance as better deals are available rather than in
resort.
Hope I have covered most points, but I would be happy to return and recommend this hotel to others.
Net

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
15  Thank sezayi52
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Have just enjoyed our third stay at this fabulous hotel.From our lovely maid Leyla who did amazing things with origami shapes with our pyjamas, the most professional and friendly of waiters, Sebastian, and of course the animation team, all made for a truly remarkable holiday. The absence of children is a big plus! The standard of food is excellent, the pool and gardens are spotlessly clean and the service from all the staff is terrific. A big thank you to all of the animation team who work so hard all day and night, I am in awe of their stamina and I hope I can spell all of your names; Hugo, Ahmet, Nikoli, Micky, Oxana, Zelena, Asida and Hulya take a big round of applause. Hope to be back next year.

Liz + Ann
Scotland

Room Tip: Get a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Christine J
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We came to the Alba Royal in July & booked to go back again in Oct for two weeks, we were not dissappointed its such a fantastic hotel, you cannot fault anything about this hotel, the staff are great, the food is all good plenty to choose from, rooms are always spotless,we also had a massage this time which was very good, then theres the animation team well what can i say they are superb & put on great shows in the evening, i will have to mention Zalina, Azida, Oxana & Miki or they would never forgive me and of course Mr Bean thanks to you all for making this such a great holiday

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jillywood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colakli
Alba Queen Hotel
#7 of 44 in Colakli
Can Garden Resort
Can Garden Resort
#6 of 44 in Colakli

Been to Alba Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!