“Everything is just perfect!”
Review of Club Grand Side

Club Grand Side
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Colakli
Oslo, Norway
“Everything is just perfect!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

It's a perfect place to be if you have children and are looking for a family hotel. This hotel got it all. A big aqua park with over 2 thousand square feet with pool, tennis corts, table tennis, crazy river, nice beach, and fantastic food is being served all the time. It's one of the best places we have ever been to. This is actually our second time here. Well worth the money

• Stayed July 2013
10 Thank PetterN

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 April 2013

we've had an amazing week at this lovely 5 * hotel and have just returned. The hotel has been renovated recently and is in perfect shape. Great rooms, the staff is extremely friendly and foreseeing, the food is excellent, the beach beautiful as well as the garden. The hotel has great sport facilities and an amazing spa/hammam, with professional staff, who know their work. And not to forget the aqua park which has been the preffered spot of my 8 year old daughter and her friends (and me..)
We will for sure come back!

Room Tip: Ocean view is always the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Petra_ehrhard
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Hotel building really amazing! ı can't say something for it. Staff can't speak English, most of them speak German. For English family really very bad. Staff is very rude. You have to wait about 25 min for a coke in main restaurant. but I have to say it "for German people this hotel really very good but not for English people" That's all.

Room Tip: room was really very good.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Chris R
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Best vacation I've ever been on! I went in 2011 and I loved it so much. Kind of expensive, but definitely worth it:) I tried to go back in 2012 but I couldn't. So I'm really trying to go back next summer for a little longer than last time.
Awesome hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ZoeyL247
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My family and I recently returned from a 1 week stay at Club Grand Side in Turkey. As with all our annual vacations, and like you the reader, we invest a considerable amount of time investigating our living arrangements before traveling. Club Grand Side became a finalist against one competitor and won because of one crucial detail; They took time to respond to former visitors’ comments quite professionally here on Trip Advisor. Few in the hospitality industry seem to realize the power that sites like this have on their bottom line. (Plus they had an excellent gym.)

We (myself, my wife and two sons ages 7 and 9) had never been to Turkey and had no expectations. A 5-star hotel was very important to minimize the risk of being disappointed. We weren’t. Club Grand Side was a perfect 5 to us. We arrived late—or rather early (01.15) in the morning because of a delayed flight. A bellboy (Turkish) greeted us at the gate in fluent German. We understood nothing of what was said but his tone said ‘WELCOME.’ He took our luggage and lined them up neatly near the entrance to the reception area. We proceeded into a reception that was dimly and artfully lit, accented by some very imaginative use of wood. A rather nonchalant male receptionist who spoke a fairly understandable amount of English checked us in quite quickly and we were off to our room. (We now informed the bellboy we spoke English and there it was—that same tongue began spurting a barrage of flowing English.)

Arriving at our room--first impression? Impressive but a bit smaller than expected. We spoke to two very professional receptionist at the desk the following morning and were able to change rooms to what I will only describe exceptional; Top floor, two large separate rooms with individual balconies, large closets and storage spaces everywhere, and two SPOTLESS—obviously recently renovated, tiled, modern bathrooms. The room (4212 Anamur) was well kept throughout our stay by some very pleasant cleaners—thank you for your smiles and service. 5-stars.

Throughout our stay, food was abundant and as varied as you would like. My wife and I are vegetarians and weren’t left wanting. If you are a meat eater like almost everyone, you can only just imagine. Time only permits me to say the food, food staff and food hall—5-Stars!
I should probably now make this most important interjection. This hotel caters almost 90% for German guests. So the second language is German. Most of the staff that knows a second language, speaks German. We knew this going in from researching just like you, so it was no surprise. However, it was sometimes a little frustrating how very little English was spoken. Fortunately, we were there at the end of April before the real ‘invasion’ took place. (That was also planned to minimize the impact of vacationing in a deluge of Germans. Hey… not that anything is wrong with being German.)

If you are reading this, you may have also searched for pictures of the hotel grounds. Any picture you may find doesn’t do it justice. Time being once again a constraint; suffice it to say—5 stars.

Onto a few tips that might make you stay more fulfilling not just at the hotel but in Turkey. My wife and I who have travelled and travel extensively usually say, for a great stay anywhere, respect other peoples culture. Admire their differences and smile. It is the one common language we all speak. Turkey will surely surprise you as it did us.

One bit of caution; every trip has one of those moments. There is a kindly proprietor selling tours just across the street from the main entrance to the hotel. Touring with Caprio Bus Safari is definitely NOT recommended. A quick and maybe comical explanation follows.

We were promised a guide that spoke both German and English. (We are from Sweden.) After our ‘bus’ left he informed the only parties that spoke English (us and a Romanian couple,) that he couldn’t speak English very well.

The female of the Romanian pair finally had enough after the bus broke down for more than 2 hours in the 32 degrees midday heat. No help or back up bus was called, no water was offered even to the kids, as we the passengers did our bit trying to push in vain to get the bus started; Because so much time was lost before we were rescued by an old passing tractor, our beloved tour guide began going around asking if we really needed to do all the activities listed on the tour including a boat ride and a visit to a small zoo for the children. These were eventually left out to the great disappointment of the kids.

Back to the Romanian female; She proceed to tell him about her dissatisfaction which lead to him verbally abusing her on the bus in both German and suddenly a new found fluent English. No refund was offered for what was the most horrible excuse for a tour we have ever seen.

If you are a risk taker, try it. Risk? The busses that are driven on those terrains are but a number of serious accidents waiting to happen. If you are a competent driver, you would be better off hiring a car and touring at your own pace.

Good luck on your trip and enjoy your stay at Club Grand Side. 5-stars all the way.

Room Tip: Room 4212 Anamur if you have kids. :)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank kurrencee
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

When we first arrived we were giving a room we thought was nice but at 12:00 am when we heard the disco across the street we knew it was not going to work. We went to move rooms and they gave a room that was JOKE., the celing was 5'2 and was the top floor. I told them no this was also not going to work. We had baby and we would have had to carry the stroller up the last flight of stairs. We asked for a pack and play in advanced and I can't believe for a 5* they gave us one that as broke and had large holes in it. The receptionist was a little rude and told me that was all I paid for so that was my choices. She agreed after fighting with her to one more room. This was pool side and was fine.
We traveled in Apr. We had a 13 month with us and it was really nice. The food was amazing!! The staff was great with our 13 month old.The were very attentive and talked to her and played with her while we ate. She loved the attention. The water was still chilly so we went over to the other hotel and went inthe indoor and loved it. The spa was nice. The grounds were always maintained and I was very impressed.
Except for the room I was very pleased. I would check my room first before you unpack.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side of the hotel that faces the shopping. The disco is loud. Don't stay on t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jam3089
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel during one week of tennis camp. At the beginning, the receptionist tried to give us a room in the 4* hotel belonging to the same chain that is just next door, but after 2 hours of angriness and negotiations, we got our rooms in the 5* hotel that we paid for.
Other than that, rooms are big and clean, beds are comfortable, bathroom is nice and clean, big food choice for "All IN", quite helpful staff (especially after you give them a tip). A paradise for kids thanks to their Aqua Park. Very often used by football or tennis teams for training camps.
LOVED THE SPA! If you ever want to try a relaxing or medical massage, ask for ADNAN - he's the best ;)
Minus: most of the staff only speak Turkish and German.
Tip 1: You should try the Turkish coffee (you need to order it separately and pay extra but it's worth it)
Tip 2: Always choose the dessert when arriving at the table as by the time you finish eating all good stuff might already be gone :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mihand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colakli
SENTIDO Turan Prince
#4 of 44 in Colakli
Aydinbey King's Palace Spa & Resort
#85 of 227 in Side
Crystal Palace Luxury Resort & Spa

Been to Club Grand Side? Share your experiences!