We have visited this resort in April 2014 and stayed there for 9 days. We went there with another family.
The holiday was booked via on the beach website.
To start with Thomas cook flight was excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff.
When we arrived to the airport we had our transfer waiting for us.
As two families of course we booked holiday and stay in the same hotel but transfer people said that we were booked in two different hotels. Which of course was their mistake, which took sometime but got resolved and we were dropped off to the same hotel.
When we arrived to the hotel we were met with glass of champagne.
Our family was told that our rooms were booked across the road. When we looked it was not finished work in progress construction site. We were in shock. So hotel staff allocated us two nice joint rooms, which we paid for anyway but apparently on construction site.
Then our family friends tried to check in. They booked same as us two bedroom family rooms. But got only one room with two beds. When went to reception they were trying to make up that they were correct even though our friends had proof.
Eventually they got second room , but not joint, meaning kids had to sleep in another room not connected to their parents room.
Next morning there was no hot water all day. In the evening there was no water at all.
Lock to the door broke and door remained open all day and anyone could come in and help themselves to take anything from the room. After asking staff for the whole day to fix the door, they finally attended by 10 pm.
When we were leaving, even though we had return transfer to airport booked, the on the beach agency did not care enough to confirm it with transfer providers and we almost missed our flights back home.
Staff in the hotel was very helpful and assisted us with transfer by calling the company and etc.
overall holiday was good. Hotel is good. Staff and all Turkish people very friendly especially with kids. Food in the hotel was amazing. Pools and aqua parks good.
Animation team was fun and kids club is perfect. They have disco on club which is never advertised so people don't even know it is there.
The thing which we really did not like, everyone speak German there and a bit of Russian, but English is like forbidden language. Which feels a bit discriminative, especially when you go to watch a show and it's all in German.
The other thing is , that if you decided to visit market next to the hotel, everything is €10 there even if it's not worth a £1.
Also if you want to buy cigarettes buy it on your way out in duty free airport. Really cheap.
We still would go back to that place anytime,but this time would book with different agent and not on the beach.
Just to highlight it, staff in the hotel is very good. Very friendly. Food amazing. Can eat and drink all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Turan Prince is a 5 star hotel which services all inclusive concept. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Turan Prince is located 50 km from the Antalya airport, 9 km from the ancient city Side, 3 km from Colakli and 12 km from Manavgat. At the moment, the SENTIDO Turan Prince has got 373 rooms and a garden worthy of paradise, enviable position on a golden sandy beach of side, charming atmosphere and a large number of facilities. The SENTIDO Turan Prince is a perfect place for a -get away from it all- holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Turan Prince reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turan Prince Residence Hotel
- Turan Prince Residence Colakli
- SENTIDO Turan Prince Turkey/Colakli, Antalya Province