“Excellent room - service not wonderful”

Seher Sun Beach Hotel
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Colakli
Lymington, Hampshire,England
“Excellent room - service not wonderful”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed on an RSD tour package two nights on our way to Cappadocia and one night on our return. The hotel was mainly being used as a base for youth football and other sport training camps - teenage boys and girls - and all quite well behaved too.

There is an indoor gym with reasonably good equipment and a very pleasant heated indoor swimming pool. We didn't get to the pool but would have done if we had time.

The rooms are lovely, beds comfortable and the bathroom with a walk in shower one of the nicest I've been to anywhere (and I've been to a lot). Our view was over the water slides on the way to Cappadocia and at the back of the hotel towards the road on the way back. Not surprising on a budget package. But the rooms were quiet and clean, the TV had BBC World and other English speaking channels and we could pick up the hotel wifi (just) in the first bedroom. Better wifi in the hotel lounge.

The meals were fine for a package tour. Big selection especially at breakfast. Really good bread and freshly made pancakes amongst other things. There was a surprisingly good espresso coffee from a machine plus water and juices from a cool drink dispenser .

Although water from the dispenser was free at breakfast we were going to be charged for it at dinner. The drink prices seemed excessive for a package tour operation in the winter and the attitude was very plainly that that the staff in the dining room were only there to sell expensive drinks - not to clear the tables quickly etc. Shame because it spoiled what was otherwise a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Overlooking the swimming pool - probably nicest.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank david-the-banker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
scotland
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

A second visit to the seher sun 6years since our last. The hotel it self had not changed even a good number of staff still working away. Most very friendly and helpful, the food was good and plenty of choice each meal ,the drink was ok to. The beach area is spotless as is the pool area and the rooms , biggest disappointment wad the view. We had requested a room that used to have a sea view but this year all we could see was a wall of a new hotel built since our last visit. So to sum up we had a relaxing time with great weather in a hotel with good staff and better than average food and drink for a 3 star establishment.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ggerrd688
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Having returned from the seher sun beach hotel this morning I can only wonder after reading a lot of the reviews on here what people want for there money. The food was All inclusive Turkish, bit repetitive & sometimes Luke warm.Having been lots of times & places that's turkey I'm afraid. The pool is large & very nice, sunbeds go pretty fast as many Germans do what Germans do but there's always plenty on the beautiful beach which is couple of minutes walk. There's a bar/restaurant on the beach serving drinks/food most of the day & night. Entertainment at night is the best we've had in any of the a/I hotels we've stayed in,in turkey. Overall a great value for money holiday.If you do go out for a meal/drink don't go to Rafael bar as tried very sneakily to rip us of for 75 liars, beware.

Room Tip: The reason I've put poor sleep quality is we were in rooms 4303/4304/4305 & the noise at 6am...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pompey657-11
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Overall the holiday was Ok, it's not the best places ever and you're a bit out of the way of things.
The hotel room was lovely and so was the pool. You get bottles of water in your fridge in the room but once you have used the first bottle they charge you after that? how that classes as all inclusive i don't know.

If you're fussy with food i think you would struggle here however i tried most things and it was OK, but from 12- 4pm there is a beach bar open that is part of the hotel the food there is better than the actual hotel.They do fried chicken, pizza, spaghetti and sauce, salads, chips, lovely fresh bread and all kinds of drinks.

All entertainment is in German or Turkish including songs around the pool to games for everyone and the kids. When arriving there after reading the reviews we did go open minded however the reviews before us were correct is was full of German and Russian people, they kind of ignore you and push in so just don't let on and hold your place in the que.

We went to Side one night and the food at the harbor was beautiful over a lovely sun set if you can afford it i would advise you go there for evening meal. Be warned though the main street you have to walk down to actually get anywhere is a massive stress to get down with people bugging you every two seconds to come into their bar, even though they can see you have just arrived and not even looked anywhere yet!

I was actually in hospital for 2 days whilst over with a stomach infection which can be caused from food or poor cutlery hygiene etc. So just be careful what you eat and drink, don't have ice in your drinks and stick to what you know.

The weather whilst there was 30 degree + which was lovely i can't fault that, the beach was also beautiful. There is also a little shop on site that sells all sorts included lilos.

PS- Our rep Kayleigh was lovely and a great help so i just want to say thank you to her

Room Tip: We had a room not facing the pool which was good as they do have music on all day and night.
9 Thank Jennifer N
London
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel was perfect for our needs, I was looking for a hassle free 1 week relaxation in the sun in order to top up on vitamin D, and a got that in heaps.
First off, the room. It was fairly basic and in need of a little facelift specially the bathroom, having said that the bed was comfy, the aircon worked very well, there was plenty of cupboard and draw space and the room was very clean. towels were replaced daily. We were in a ground floor so had a little patio with a couple of chairs in it, on other floors rooms have balconies. And also very important it was very quiet at night, i didnt hear any of them crazy late night parties you get in some of these type of places.
The pool is very nice and big enough, there is also a small one for babies and toddlers. There is an animation team promoting all sorts of activities in and around the pool, seemed like fun, I say seemed because I just lazed around and did absolutely nothing !! From about 8.30am onwards it gets harder to get a sun lounger, after all the place is full of Germans, hahaha....only joking, I think the Brits were just as bad when it came to lounger reservation, there is a sign forbidding the practice but I didn't see anyone enforcing it ! Anyway, who cares as there is plenty on the beach which is only 2 minutes walk away, and I recommend that instead.
Much has been said here about the food, from my point of view a lot of unnecessary moaning too, because the food was excellent. For what I paid the standard was much above my expectations, with plenty of variety and quantity. I went out for dinner in Side Harbour one night for a bit of a change and although the sunset was beautiful and the setting very nice the food was not better than I was served at the seher hotel, and it cost me 80 euros inc. tip. So don't bother eating out, the food is better at the hotel. There is a couple of a la carte restaurantes too, but you have to make reservation the day before, just ask your rep for details.
If you arrive feeling stressed from you day to day life then i recommend the Turkish baths we got two for 150TL roughly about 70 euros which also included a full body massage....this was done at the hotel Hammam, it was great ! The only thing I would say is do it on your first or second day as it involves a fair bit of rubbing and exfoliation and it will not be too pleasant on sun burnt skin, but then again that might be your sort of thing, either way I recommend it highly, i felt seriously revitalised afterwards, very good indeed ! There is a small gym which needs some serious updating, I used the one in the sister hotel once but its not much better, has hardly any equipment, your better off just going for a swim
The location of the hotel is very good, in fact couldn't be better, minutes from the beach and local shops where there is plenty of goods to be had, although I would say if you expecting cheap prices you won't find any, every trader would ask for the most ridiculous prices, I know your meant to haggle, but just like the guy out of Monty Python i just couldn't be bothered, the drinks in the few bars in the area, were not cheap either it was costing 50 euros a night on average, Lisbon and Madrid are cheaper believe it or not....however I got the impression the local tradesmen think we are all loaded in the UK....someone should tell them we are all skint these days...I kind of tried but it didn't work !
Side is worth a visit, and try and be at the harbour for the sunset as it is very beautiful, there is many shops, restaurants and bars in Side, as well as the famous ruins, take your camera its photo time !! Side is about 10 minutes taxi ride away which is a standard price of 14euros or go by bus for 2 euros and it takes about 20 minutes, and probably safer.....the Taxi driver drove like a lunatic, we did it in about 5min.
There is plenty of water sports on the beach of you like that sort of thing, and from what I saw banded about a lot of tours and trips on offer too...but you probably guessed by now, I didn't do any, I spent my days catching some rays and generally relaxing !
Anyway, I could go on. But don't want to bore you any further... So if you booked already don't worry about the negative reviews, most people love a moan....if you haven't booked, then find yourself a deal and book, just don't expect the Dorchester. I plan to go back next year ! Happy Holidays !!!
P.S take plenty of suntan lotion and after sun cream, it is positively scorching out there !!!

8 Thank elusivemike
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Positives:-
- clean hotel in all areas. Towels changed Dailey
- large swimming pool
- large rooms and bathroom
-lots of local shops 2 minute walk
- close to beach 2 minute walk
- close to local dolmas stops which are cheap to get into side ( 3 tl) 20 minute bus ride
- use of facilities in sister hotel

Negatives:-
- staff speak limited English. Second language is mainly German.
- entertainment and animations is in German
- caters for Germans and Russians mainly
-limited food choice

Recommendations:-
- manavgat market Monday and Thursday 3tl on local dolmas
- Turkish bath is a must

3 Thank BeckyYates1987
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Went to this hotel with my family in may 2013 . Lovely hotel. Very friendly staff. Nice Sandy beach. . Had a great time .lots to do. Loads to see. Hope to go back soon. Paul & Cherry Ann from London.. . . . . . . . .

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colakli
Seher Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Evrenseki
Side Sungate Hotel
Side Sungate Hotel
#74 of 228 in Side

Been to Seher Sun Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!