A visit to Kerala and if not been to Poovar island i will say incomplete.
This place was suggested by my friend and now i am suggesting to the world pls visit.
In Kerala every where this is back water all your stay 80% places have water close by, but this resort is flawless.
Once you reach the place in poovar you have to park your car at a specified jetty and then your names are checked in the guest list (sadly mine was not there some mistake by hotel) never the less took half an hr to explain and call a boat yes you have to go by a boat to the resort... no car no walking only boats can take you, hear you start realizing yes you are going to an island.
The boat arrived and we were taken its a 20 min ride from jetty to the resort, looking at the resort i was stunned, i have stayed in best of the 5stars but this was a diff property all together.
We alighted from the boat and the property was huge, massive everywhere greenery, lovely landscapes. i had booked online for a floating cottage and yes its worth it.
Rooms were beautiful from inside cosy but very nice, perfect amenities and a great experience, as i was staying on a Island and my room was on the waters, there were some movements wen some boat passed but nothing major or anything that may disturb.
dinner and staff were nice and polite, main pool was under repair but they still had another pool operation which was nice, just the major pool had a pool bar which i missed rest was just amazing.
The View from the small sit our had actually taken my breath away as there was my room on the back waters and then a Beach .... yeah a beach and its called silver sand beach and it is a neat and good sand beach.
Lovely stay impressed with the property wanted to stay more... the floating cottages look like the ones we have seen in Maldives .......
Pay a visit to the beach too.... hotel boats will be more than happy to drop you and bring you back a security staff escorted us to the beach to avoid any mishaps which was good.
Dont Miss IT at alll............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped in serene Kerala backwaters, flanked by the Arabian Sea on the East and the majestic towering Ghats to the West, opening out to the ocean and a dream golden beach, Poovar Island Resort is a tropical paradise. Swaying coconut palms, endless golden sands, the ultramarine of the ocean, emerald backwaters, crimson sunsets and lush green vegetation create a magical ambiance around you. It is the ideal remote getaway location for a quiet holiday in spectacular natural surroundings. You can choose between floating cottages and land cottages for accommodation and enjoy a boat cruise along the palm-fringed shores of bewitching backwaters.Poovar Island Resort has 78 cottages offering a range of accommodation options. 56 rooms can be used as triples. The bathrooms come equipped with Jacuzzis, bathtubs or rain showers. 48 rooms come with a hammock in the terrace.(78 rooms - 39 Land Cottages, 10 Ayurveda Land Cottages, 05 Superior Land Cottages, 08 Premium Cottages, 12 Floating Cottages & 04 Ayurveda Floating Cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sunspot Tours, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Poovar Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poovar Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Hotel Poovar Island
- Poovar Trivandrum
- Poovar Island Resort Kerala, India