In March 2013, I stayed here overnight on my way from Amman to Aqaba. The facilities are first rate and the reception staff most helpful even at 02:00, when I arrived.
I wanted to bathe in the Dead Sea (swimming is not on the agenda) and the hotel has a small beach that is an easy walk from the main terrace. There was a life guard, who also prepared Dead Sea Mud for you to take away or use it there and then. Warning!! do not splash about, getting this 'water' (its a cocktail or minerals) in your eyes will sting, but getting it up my nose caused me severe discomfort all day. I showered and then had a leisurely swim in the heated outdoor pool, heaven. The terraces all have swimming and relaxing areas, it looks as if the beach area is still being developed. I loved it.
Breakfast was huge, with a very large choice, service was not great.
The downside, all of the hotels are 'resorts' for a reason; there is NOTHING else around. I saw one restaurant (a chain) along the main road, walkable.
For a relaxing few days, this would be fine, Mount Nebo and Amman are about an hour away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four of interconnecting, palm-fringed swimming pools leads from our contemporary Arabesque-style hotel to the warm therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea. Enjoy sea and mountain views from the balcony or terrace of your room and indulge in mineral-rich Dead Sea salt treatments in our cozy & relaxing spa. You'll find the family-friendly Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea just 40 minutes by taxi from Queen Alia International Airport. You can host events from gala dinners by the pool to conferences in our 4 modern meeting rooms. Surf the web with complimentary wireless Internet in the chic marble Lobby, or log on to PCs in our Business Center. The resort also offers complimentary valet parking. Enjoy a relaxing yoga class in Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea's Mini Gym while fun activities and a trampoline keep the kids amused. You can listen to live music while sipping cocktails at beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Hotel Dead Sea Region
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Jordan