2,287 results
All reviews jordan valley italian restaurant il terrazzo dead sea champions bar indoor pool great resort breakfast buffet public areas direct access golf cart great facilities main restaurant day pass belly dancer mud bath private beach
Reviewed 5 May 2014

All as planned on the hotel and facilities. Great poolside bar service. Breakfast was well done too. Only criticism was the food at the Italian restaurant seemed to have been reheated. The sports bar was really loud. Otherwise, property was well maintained.

Room tip: We just did a standard room and it was fine. The view to the Dead Sea is there but the shore is a good ways away and down a loooong way regardless.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RCMV
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

A high class hotel right on the "beach" if the Dead sea. Beautiful environment. Possibility to take a shower directly at the sea after the bath in the really salty water and /or after taking healthy mud. A lot of beautifull pools. Great food both to dinner and to breakfast.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank G2928ATmariam
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Having visited Petra we were happy to have 4 nights relaxing here with stunning views of the Dead Sea across to Palestine.

We arrived and the manager was very kind and helpful as were the reception staff..security was tight understandably ..so no issue with bag check etc. As a gold elite member they upgraded us to a room with a view of the pool and sea and included breakfast for us which was unexpected given it is a resort. Free wifi also was great too.

There are lots of pools terrific for kids and lots of them there but the nice thing was only adults over 18 can use the infinity pool which IMO had the best views and was nearer the beach area. I even had a swim in it unusual for me as I don't like pools other than to sit beside lol.

The food was terrific here..I hardly ate any breakfast in the other hotels we visited usually just had toast or a pastry and some fruit but here they made amazing omelettes and their muesli with milk already added was so nice it is something I plan on doing now back home..usually to me muesli is like cardboard this was creamy and delicious. Lots of choice of fruit etc too and Arabic style breakfast of humous.olives etc.

We also had a couple of snack lunches in the bar ..mezze was good and Champions was the usual American style food.

For dinner we ate in their steak house ..a bit more expensive but well worth it for the quality of food..the following night we chose to eat on the terrace in the Italian restaurant..that too was excellent and the views were to die for across the Dead Sea. Just be aware mosquitoes are very active there so plaster yourself with mossie repellent I had 13 bites just from that one night..sigh.

We had dinner in the steak house again the following night..and my husband ordered wine we had had before..not realizing it wasn't on their wine list the waitress and staff ran all over to find the wine for us we did wonder what was happening..but were so impressed they did this rather than say sorry we don't have any..think the waitress name was Syshelle

On our last night we had the BBQ which was expensive at 40Jd per head BUT the food was fantastic and would have had again..lobster prepared to your taste I love zubaidi which is a fish I have only ever had in the Middle East...then I had lamb and steak..salad etc...too full to eat any desert but ice cream sorbet etc available.

There isn't much to see or do here other than eat and swim and relax my husband had a massage in the spa which was pleasant ..not much in the area other than resorts and the views...which suited us for a few days on a busy trip.

I would recommend and go back if we return again to Jordan.

Room tip: High floor best as usual...although low floor gives direct access to pool...sea view is nice too.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shmagic
Reviewed 2 May 2014

On my trip to jordan, I spent 2 nights in the Marriott Hotel. I have to admit that the service on every level, was exceptionally good: rooms, breakfast, pools, information at the reception, vallet service, service at the restaurants, everything. The italian restaurant, Il terrazo, is not to be missed. Congratulations to the hotel manager! A nice spot to stay for a couple of days to enjoy "floating" in the Dead Sea!

Room tip: If you want a quiet place, try to avoid the rooms facing the pools: the hotel is very popular with Jordanians who come to spend their weekends (friday and saturday), it becomes very noisy with music and pool games
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The public areas of this hotel and our room were very darkly decorated and had a lot of dark wood everywhere. Added to this, our balcony had high slits rather than a proper opening which made it impossible to look out when sitting down - a very strange design.

The standard of cleanliness was not good: hairs left in basin and toilet seat quite dirty on its hinges.

Good breakfast selection but, during the day, there was nowhere at the resort serving our kind of preferred food (fish-based). Some facilities were closed (e.g. Cascades) and the tables and chairs there had not been wiped for days/weeks.

The key access to the lifts was problematic for several guests and ours was not the only key to have been formatting to cancel out earlier than our booked stay.

Plenty of swimming pool options and a spa which clearly appeal to families. But hundreds of steps down to the Dead Sea itself - understandable, especially given the rate at which its level is falling. But we struck a period when the hotel was reconstructing the area above the sea and there was a really grotty lounging area and a messy/muddy/stony approach down to the sea itself.

Free WIFI in public areas only and limited to 3 hours a day.

Room tip: Avoid the ones with balconies which have slits rather than openings.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pseudonymity
Muhannad H, Resident Manager at Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Pseudonymity

Please allow me to thank you for choosing our resort and also for sharing your feedback from your recent stay on TripAdvisor.
It is very important to have these comments that will assist us to improve our services where needed.

We depend on on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs, I truly regret that the service you received during your stay was not up to standards as well the cleanliness of your room. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances such as the lift card functionality to our attention as this is our best measure to improve guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for the review and my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We look forward to welcome you back at the lowest place on earth.

Muhannad Hameed