“A wonderful place to spend time at”

Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We enjoyed the atmosphere tremendously, an excellent place for a relaxing time with the family, rooms were clean and the food was great, 5 stars is my rating for the place, welcoming staff upon arrival made us feel good right from the start. I will defiantly repeat the visit again, but this time stay a little longer.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your kind review of our services and facilities on Tripadvisor.
The team and I are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities provided. It goes without saying that we would be delighted to have you next time staying a bit longer and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
Thanking you for your patronage and kind recommendation of Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, I remain,
With kind regards and best wishes.
Peter Hoesli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights and 2 full days. The place is very nice, the hotel architecture special and the room nice, but it depends on the room type. Not all the staff speaks english though. The experience of swimming in the dead see is unique, but I would not suggest to spend more than 2 full days.

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and for recommending our resort on Tripadvisor.
Careful note has been taken of your comment, regarding the English knowledge of our employees. This is to inform you that many of our employees, especially on line levels, are being recruited from the local community but not all of them are fluent in English. Therefore, we are having an English Teacher employed at our resort, who is assisting in the corresponding training of our employees, providing English classes accordingly. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Nevertheless, I have noted with pleasure that you have overall enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities provided.
I would of course, be delighted to be your host again during your next visit to the Dead Sea and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel was recommended
to us by our guide book, but it was a disappointment. The rooms were average and needed work (ie broken shutters) and the general service was a catastrophe. Servers forgot orders, took ages, brought unsought for roomservice and, to top it all, were extremely rude about it.
The hotel is nice and the location as well, but the manager sourly needs to do something about service standards.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and have taken careful note of your comments, which I have shared of course as well with my executive team, in order to ensure that corresponding remedy actions are taken without delay.
You may be interested to know that we are about to finalize the planning of our upcoming room renovation, which is including the refurbishment of 323 out of 346 rooms and suites of the resort. The same interior designer has been chosen to provide the new design, who was responsible for the original interior design of our resort. Two mock-up rooms and one mock-up suite are already available and we hope to start the renovation, which will be done in stages, very soon.
I would like to take this opportunity, in order to apologize for any inconveniences caused. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that you will give us another change to proof to you that we are indeed worthy your patronage and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort. Please contact me directly when making a corresponding reservation.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Absolutely beautiful hotel next to the Dead Sea. Has excellent facilities. I would suggest guests to call and reserve the Spa and massage facilities as it was absolutely packed. The rooms are luxurious and the food excellent. I would suggest someone spend a couple of days just to enjoy the ambiance.

Room Tip: We stayed in Delux rooms which were large and airy. We were on Bld V
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and thank you for your kind recommendation of our services and facilities on Tripadvisor. Your recommendation to make an advance reservation at the Zara Spa is absolutely correct, especially during high season, when there is a lot of demand for Spa treatments.
It is indeed with great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and we all at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea are looking forward to welcome you back in the hopefully not too distant future.
Thanking you for your continued patronage and assuring you of our best care and attention at all time, I remain,
With kind regards and best wishes.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Ok it took the staff til 10 pm to get the 3rd bed into our bedroom which we ordered well in advance. But that aside it's actually a well run place. The architecture is amazingly beautiful. Feels like a real old village. Not an easy thing to make a 345 room hotel feel authentic. The adult pool by the Dead Sea is very nice. The pool bar has great service and the monitors taste amazingly well. Take a wadi rum room down overlooking the Dead Sea. The Italian restaurant is much welcome after a week if middle eastern food else where. Carts haul you around the resort. The manager is Swiss and they are the best - full stop. Net id come again.

Dear Valued Guest,
I wish to thank you for having chosen Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea during your visit to Jordan and the Dead Sea. It goes without saying that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and apart from the late arrival of the extra bed, for which I apologize, were satisfied with the services and facilities provided.
I would be delighted to be your host again during your next visit to the Dead Sea and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
Thanking you for your patronage and kind recommendation on Tripadvisor, I remain,
With best regards and best wishes.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is good by the room , a hygiene and the food but I had faced a problem with the service the employees have a bad attitude at the main entrance and I felt as I am not welcome in the hotel me and my family as in other hotels I had found better attitude and beter service

• Stayed: April 2014
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I have reviewed your comments on Tripadvisor, regarding your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea.
I am sorry to read that your stay was marred by difficulties at the main gate to our resort and have discussed this matter as well with our Security Manager, who will take the corresponding remedy actions accordingly.
Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that the incident upon arrival did not mar your opinion about our services in general and would be delighted to welcome you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in the hopefully not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making your next reservation at our resort.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here one night. The room was on the top floor of the main building - Zara - and it had a stunning view of the Dead Sea. The bed was very comfortable; the room was a nice size. This Resort is nothing short of amazing. Everything is so beautiful. Sure, it's expensive to eat here, but there are other options in the area. To experience floating in the Dead Sea at this resort was a highlight for me. Buffet Breakfast is included; there was an excellent selection of food. I was totally relaxed during my stay. No complaints from me!

Room Tip: Sea View rooms on the top floor offer a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your kind review and recommendation of Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea on Tripadvisor. The team and I are surely pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort. I fully agree with you, the view from our rooms in the Zara Main Building is stunning. Not only do you have a great view of the resort’s garden and the Dead Sea but the sunset is amazing and at night you can see the lights of Jericho, Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
We all at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea would be delighted to be of service to you again in the hopefully not too distant future and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
Thanking you for your continued patronage, I remain,
With our best wishes for a happy Easter.