“I have no complaints to make, it was just beautiful!”

Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I spent a total of 5 nights at this hotel with my colleague since we had a conference to attend that was held in a convention center nearby. We have originally booked a standard room but then we got a free upgrade to an amazing supreme room in the village! One word to describe the landscape: breathtaking! The hotel is huge, a lot of sights, a wonderful pool and of course the beach was a unique experience. We got a 50 minutes massage at Zara Spa there, and it was seriously the most relaxing experience. Our room was splendid, we had a balcony, a free minibar, towels and all the bathroom supplies. One thing i've noticed is that our room didn't have a toothpaste but one of us had so it wasn't much of a problem. Breakfast is fulfilling and contains all types of food moving from Mediterranean to continental. Just delicious. The hummos and falafel are to die for.
The service was excellent and the staff are super friendly and helpful. It was indeed one of the best hotels I went to and I would definitely go there again. I recommend it to everyone

• Stayed: June 2014
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your evaluation of our services and facilities on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you were able to take some free time out of your busy schedule to also enjoy our recreational facilities, including the Zara Spa. Needless to say that I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort. By the way, toothbrushes and toothpaste can be requested from our Housekeeping department during 24 hours a day.
We surely would be delighted to have you back at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in the hopefully not too distant future and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
Thanking you for your continued patronage and your kind recommendation, I remain,
Peter Hoesli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stay here with my wife after coming from Petra. The idea was to spend some days enjoying the Dead Sea and to relax a little bit. The experience was quite good. The rooms were nice, with lovely decorations and a very comfortable bed. The pool are was very nice with several pools to enjoy and an easy access to the beach to enter the Dead Sea.

It was a weekend so it was quite crowded with a lot of locals coming to enjoy the day as well. The only low point was that the rooms didn't have A/C, which is a factor in the Middle East but besides that, our stay was very nice.

If you don't want to spend the night, you can get a day pass from the entrance to enjoy the facilities as well. I saw a lot of people choosing this options and after all its not a bad idea. I hope you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your comments, posted on Tripadvisor, regarding your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, which I have shared as well with my executive team.
This is to inform you that all our guest rooms and suites do indeed have air conditioning. Besides the air condition, all rooms are also featuring ceiling fans for those guests, who prefer to stay without air conditioning.
We are very pleased to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay at our resort and are looking forward to welcoming you back anytime soon, assuring you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
With kind regards.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were a large group of Women, and we only got to spend 2 days, but the experience was just awesome. The property is sprawling and one really doesn't get to see the whole hotel. If you want to you can rent one of the golf carts and take a tour of the property, and the staff will help you with this too. One of the high point of the hotel aside from the view, the great food, accessibility to the dead sea, were their staff. Every one of them was helpful at all times. Be it with our luggage, our rooms, or even with the numerous silly questions, they were able to patiently answer and address them. To Kudos to the Movenpick Team, looking forward to being there again.

Room Tip: If you are going for a standard room, ask for a sea facing, the breeze is lovely in the evenings.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and thank you for your kind posting and recommendation on Tripadvisor.
The team and I are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and that our employees really made you feel welcome and cared for. Needless to say that we all at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea are looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
With best regards.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the movenpick hotel Dead Sea in Jordan. We made our reservation from the USA and arrived on June 14 and checked out earlier today. We were very excited about staying in a five star resort to celebrate my wife's birthday and our anniversary. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed with our stay and the way we were treated at this hotel.
Below are some of the terrible experiences we faced:

-- we ordered drinks at the pool bar; however, when it was time for us to pay, the server failed to provide us with a receipt. He indicated that the printer was broken and he was not able to print one. We paid in cash and encountered the same incident twice. As an auditor, this is a red flag for fraud.

-- we arranged with my father to come pick my wife and I up from the hotel the day we were supposed to check out. I called the reception the night before in order to put his name on the gate. I was told in a rude unprofessional way to call back the next morning because it is a different shift. Way to go above and beyond. Is this how the hospitality industry works??

-- The complimentary mini bar was empty and not refilled at all both days we were there.

-- I called the next morning and put my father's name at the gate as he was driving from Amman to pick us up at the hotel. I wanted to invite my father for a drink at the pool bar; however, the employee at the gate would not let a 75 years old man because the pool card I handed to him indicated that only two people are allowed to enter the pool area. He was on his phone texting as I was talking to him and made feel very very frustrated. Even though my father was not planning to swim as he was wearing dress pants and long sleeve shirt, the hotel did not let him enter the pool area. Wow?

Please note that I was fed up after the last incident; therefore, I talked to front desk manager and complained and all I got back from her was an apology. Way to go.

I feel like I wasted approximately $500 during this stay. What a disappointment.
We are going to be staying at one of the movenpick properties in tala bay Aqaba, Jordan and We think it's too late now to change the reservation since we are supposed to check in tomorrow. I really hope we at least can enjoy our stay at that hotel and not waste another $500.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Watout

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and your recent evaluation of the same on Tripadvisor.
As already expressed through our corporate office, we are extremely sorry that your stay at our resort was marred by several deficiencies and herewith apologize once more for the inconveniences caused. Needless to say that I have shared your comments already with my executives upon receiving them the first time and assure you that we are following up the remedy actions in operations accordingly. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that the mentioned shortcomings did not mar your opinion about our services in general and would be pleased to welcome you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, in order to demonstrate to you that we are indeed worthy your patronage. Please contact me directly when making a corresponding reservation.
Thanking you for your patronage, I remain,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We really enjoyed staying at the hotel. We stayed in an accessible room in the main building that was extremely well set up for our needs -- compact but still with a king sized bed.

We really liked the lobby set up -- a very, very pretty place for lunch or a late night drink. The local Jordanian red wine (like a pinot noir) I tried without any great expectations, and it was very nice and perfect with a babaganoush dish they had as a snack at the bar.

The most spectacular part of the hotel were the pools and the spa. Quite beautiful, with an infinity pool overlooking the dead sea. The spa was lovely, and the spa services I had (salt rub and a Swedish massage) were well done. They were quite busy, so I would recommend that you book the services before you get there if possible.

The access to the Dead Sea was super easy from the beach hotel. It was fully staffed by a life guard, which some guests really needed as it can be challenging to swim back to the shore and get yourself in a proper position to get out!

The one disappointing thing about the hotel was the service at the restaurant at the beach. They were severely understaffed and it took 60 minutes to get food, once ordered. But we didn't care that much, as the mise-en-scene overlooking the Dead Sea held our attention for most of the wait.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AvaS125

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea. We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort. At the same time, we have taken careful note of your feedback regarding the service at our Beach Lounge and discussed the same also with our Food & Beverage Manager, who will take the corresponding remedy actions accordingly. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused.
We would be utmost pleased to welcome you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea during your next visit to the Dead Sea area and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a beautifully designed hotel. Unlike the standardised Marriott next door this one has a real feel of the East. Take time to read up the variety of rooms w
Before and when booking. There are conventional sea view rooms above the main hotel area, but also Kasbah areas with a more rural feel and of these some overlook wonderful gardens and some pools. These are between the main area and the beach. The cafés are located around a small square like a market place with the shop. There is a large area of pools and loungers with sea views, but walk further for a lower quieter area nearer the sea with a sandy surface. From there a few precarious steps down to the sea itself. Feels very quiet although busy due to the clever layout. When booking, pay a little more to have inclusive access to the spa where there is a separate pool which is quieter and separate male female solarium areas where you can sunbathe naturist. This area is rather plain, few sun umbrellas and plastic loungers. Unfortunately some people put towels on loungers to reserve for the day then never return, so if you want them just remove the towels.
Book for medical spa treatments and you enter another small world where you get the Dead Sea mud wrap and massages. Doctor only attends Wednesday and Sunday so if you want a proper assessment start those days. This complex also has separate male female naturist sunbathing areas which was better equipped.
Food and prices much as UK so do not believe the people saying prices are unreasonable as this is good for a 5star hotel.
You can leave the complex and WALK! We popped in next door to the m
Marriott which is ok for a variety and meets US citizens expectations with a burger bar and pools overlooked by rooms. Walk a little further (ten minutes max) and just north of the King Hassan Convention Centre is a small shopping centre where you can go to a standard supermarket and buy whatever you need at local prices. Also Rover Return Coronation Street themed pub which was a great hit with locals here. "Go for an English!".... The best fish and chips ever.
Downside was that turning up at the Spa they could not confirm our reservation until later and some people seemed to have mix up in bookings.
I had booked to have a car from and to the airport, waited an hour and took a taxi. Wished I had simply gone for the taxi. You ignore the ones offering you a taxi and go to the taxi kiosk where you will have a slip confirming the price to your hotel 35 Dinars. To return to airport taxi booking through hotel 45 Dinars. Car booked through hotel is 56d each way.
Spa has nice rest areas, fantastic pool with jacuzzi areas built into side of pool. Also a Dead Sea water pool which is filled with warm genuine sea water. Amazing to float or swim in as so buoyant.
Then there are warm areas and upstairs a ham man and Jordanian version of a sauna.
Someone complained of the cost of drinks. Coffee at cafe is 2.20d which at 1D equals a pound is not bad. In spas free water and teas and apples.

So, overall, fabulous. The hotel is ten years old and they are refurbishing, but it has so much more character than the Marriott.

Room Tip: Sea view above the hotel reception, or garden view in Kasbah area which is more convenient to pools...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MS31Dec2015

Dear Valued Guest,
WOW, this is a very detailed review and indeed very nicely written. Thank you for your overall recommendation and for putting things into perspective – this is very much appreciated indeed.
We all at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the near future and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
You might be interested to book next time either the Premium (24 large rooms in two separate buildings, only adults, with a large private pool and access to a large outdoor Jacuzzi) or the Beach Room (24 large rooms and suites with large terrace, overlooking the Dead Sea) categories. These rooms are really special and indeed premium. But then again, the resort has so many different categories and types of rooms to offer – you might have your own preference.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

so we have been loyal customers to the Movenpick since probably more than 7 years; wherever we go we make sure to book at the movenpick; we even had yearly subscriptions with companies that dealt with movenpick alone. However 2 years ago their services started declining; whenever they heard we have a subscription with them they gave us a hard timd booking.

two months ago during easter we booked with the "circle M" company to the dead sea movenpick; we found out they canceled the stay from their own; had a hard time contacting the manager and when we did it was rudest most unprofessional service ever.we were promised a compensating stay; but they never obliged; if movenpick stays dealing with these kind of agencies im sure its good reputation won't last long.

moreover we are staying at the movenpick aqaba right now; we asked them repeatedly yesterday for the room service to clean our rooms with no use, their service is highly unprofessional. what happened to one of the most elite hotels certainly is a shame.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank claudineki

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your posting on Tripadvisor and have taken careful note of your comments, regarding your stays at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea as well as the Moevenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba. I would like to take this opportunity, in order to apologize for any inconveniences caused. Nevertheless, I would like to assure you that bookings in conjunction with the CircleM membership are indeed welcome and I sincerely hope that you will consider to stay with us soon again, in order to proof to you that we are indeed worthy your patronage.
May I suggest that you are contacting me the next time you intend to make a reservation at any of our resorts directly. Please direct your inquiry to: peter.hoesli@moevenpick.com.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to any of our resorts in Jordan and assuring you already in advance of our best care and attention at all time, I remain,
General Manager & Regional Manager Jordan