“Nice, but very touristic”

Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice but one has to be aware that it is a very touristic hotel. The food at Luigi's is Ok, but the service is not very enthusiastic. Belly dancing show and singers are nice.

The pools are fine with an 'infinty' look towards the Dead Sea. Clearly the one closest to the sea with lounge style is the best and offers the best view for the sunset.

The breakfast is rich and tasty, though the service is certainly not fast could be friendlier.

Overall, OK for a short stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Markues1982
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor and I have taken careful note of your comments.
This is to inform you that by the middle of September, we will re-open our Chopsticks Restaurant, however, this time not only as a Chinese Restaurant but as an Asian Restaurant. We have now hired 2 Indian Chefs, who will be responsible for the Indian dishes at Chopsticks. As of September and until November, we are planning to organize as well a Streetfood Festival at the Valley Café, with many local specialties, life cooking stations, and of course also international cuisine. This all will surely give you more variety in terms of restaurant and food selection.
I hope to have the pleasure of being your host again during your next, maybe a bit longer visit to the Dead Sea and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
Peter Hoesli

Write a ReviewReviews (2,806)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The dinner was hosted by the Pakistani embassy in Amman for the visiting Pakistani exporters delegation, of which I was a part in Dec 2006. Benefitting from my previous experience of exhibitions and conferences, I went around and appreciated the place.
The open air restaurant for the reception was marvellous and made me feel like being in Rome, in the good old days where the famous duels were held.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your renewed patronage. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities provided.
I am happy that you like the design and style of our resort. For your information, the architect of Moevenpick Dead Sea is “Wimberly, Allison, Tong & Goo”, also known as WATG, an award-winning architectural firm with offices in London, Singapore, Istanbul, Honolulu, Irvine, Los Angeles and New York. They have designed projects in 160 countries across six continents. They are surely among the best when it comes to designing unusual and exceptional hotels and resorts.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea soon and assuring you already in advance of our best care and attention, I remain,
With best regards.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed one night in June 2014 at this lovely hotel. This hotel is almost like a self-contained little city, designed like a Moroccan palace with lovely courtyards and fountains. The gardens are very beautiful and all the public plazas, restaurants, pool and spa are elegant and pleasant. The rooms are nice size decorated in Arabic style with lovely colors. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will stay at this hotel again when I visit the Dead Sea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
I refer to your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. I was very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.
Thanking you for your continued patronage and assuring you of our best care and attention at all time, I remain,

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I went there with family for few days! It is just amazing, rooms were perfect, big and clean, amazing sea view! Very fancy! Though i went it august and it was hot, i suggest to avoid summer as it is very humid and u cant enjoy sitting on the balcony! Restaurants are amazing great food great breakfast! We tried the spa it was just extraordinary the massage and the outdoor huge jacuzzi! Would definitely go there again

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for the posting of your experiences during your stay with us at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea. You are right; August is indeed the hottest month for us here at the Dead Sea. Nevertheless, I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be your host again in the not too distant future.
With best regards.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is on the Jordan side of the Dead Sea. The entire hotel is first rate - the rooms, dining facilities, etc. I recommend it very highly. Although this is desert area it has the attraction of the Dead Sea. Access to the Sea is very convenient. There is even a shuttle service to and from the beach. There is also a salt water pool and a fresh water pool. The morning and evening buffets were very nice. The staff was very professional.

Room Tip: We only had one room which was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
phoesli, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your kind posting on Tripadvisor and your recommendation of Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea.
The team and I are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our resort and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities provided.
It goes without saying that we all would be delighted to welcome you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in the hopefully not too distant future and assure you of our best care and attention at all time.
General Manager & Regional Manager Jordan

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying at another hotel nearby, but came to Movenpick to use the ATM machine, since our hotel didn't have one. We stayed for drinks and a couple of us had dinner as well. From our short tour of the property, I was very impressed with the facility. The elaborate furniture and ambience was luxurious. The layout of the hotel was an adventure in itself. At the outdoor patio/dining area, we had drinks, which were the only disappointment in our experience; they were all watered down. There was a belly-dancing performance followed by a solo singing performance. It was a nice warm night with a gentle breeze, the perfect way to enjoy the Dead Sea region with friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for patronizing our restaurant while staying at the Dead Sea. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our resort and sincerely hope that you will also stay at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea during your next trip to the Dead Sea. It goes without saying that I have briefed our Food & Beverage Manager about your comments, regarding the drinks at the Valley Café, in order to take corresponding remedy actions accordingly. Please accept our apologies for this shortcoming.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in the hopefully not too distant future and thanking you for your continued patronage, I remain,
With kind regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had wonderful weekend, spa is amazing and treatments very relaxing. I recommend taking some extra water bottles with you though as we were charged for water (4 JD for two small bottles). Overall, would be definitely back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor and your kind recommendation of Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and especially also our Zara Spa. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our resort and passed your kind comments as well to the Director of Spa & Wellness, who will surely share it with his team.
The team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and we assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.
With kind regards.
Peter Hoesli

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweimah
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah
Ma'In Hot Springs
Ma'In Hot Springs
#1 of 1 in Ma'in

Been to Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea? Share your experiences!