“beautiful resort”

Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed 27 April 2014

the hotel is luxuriate and exquisite, the landscape is amazing which make you feel you are in island, many old beautiful olive tress which adds to the magic of the place, the rooms are good i thought it can be more luxury but it is simple and nice, large and clean, the bathrooms is special and fantastic, spoiled yourself in it, the room view not bad, i thought resort area can will have view for the beach, but each area you will have view for one of their pool and you cannot have access to other pool in resort area just the one you like the lazy river pool and the main pool in the middle of the hotel, nice place for relaxation, and quite. the hotel is highly expensive as room rate even for the standard room and the food, main restaurant has a variety of food and quality is good, most of the staff are friendly and helpful. the beach area can be better arranged, food can be much better. make sure your room lucked from inside if you do not want to see room services come to your room suddenly if you are setting at your balcony and you can hear the knocking on the door.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are glad that you got the chance to explore our hotel and its different facilities and outlets, indeed you can access other swimming pools such as the Sunken pool, Ashur pool, Infinity pool and we have other swimming pools for kids as well, we hope for your next visit, you would have the time to experience them. We do also have rooms overlooking the Dead Sea; please make sure to ask for a sea view room next time you book your room.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and we would be pleased to assist you with any request in order for you to have the most excellent experience at our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,844)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

short holiday but it way sweet…. I arrived early and since i know that the check in time normally around two pm so i pre arranged spa treatment while waiting the room to be ready… very surprise when i arrive at 9:30 am, the room is ready and they let me in WOW.. what a wonderful start.. not to mention that i got upgraded mmmhmmmm…. the room is huge and very tidy…. very comfy bed.
the hotel is huge, whenever you pop by… alway amazing view with amazing people…. the guy who did my turn down is very nice and polite, make sure i got everything i need… love the amenities in the bath tab… its just fab…. i also like a little piece of flyer saying the weather forecast for the next day… to ensure that i put lots lots of sun cream :)
the spa is great.. try royal ham am.. you will love it…
the food is great.. i love the fact that they serve bubble for break fast.. whoohoo what a holidays.
the only regret that i had is.. i stayed too short, only two nights but for sure, i will be back…. the hotel just perfect for solo traveler, couple or family…. so yes…. it was a great break for me….

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review and sharing your kind feedback with us.

We do regret as well, that your stay with us was short! We are thrilled that you had such a pleasant time with us, nothing please us more than knowing that our valuable guests are satisfied and happy.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again but we hope next time, your visit would be longer.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I love this hotel and was supposed to go back a second time but unfortunately had to cancel my booking which was really disappointing.
I stayed in a Junior suite and my parents who were visiting me in Jordan had an executive suite. The rooms were absolutely huge and even though the decor isn't to my taste I still loved my room!
The architecture is impressive and the pools are beautiful.
There is a definite pool party scene at the weekends which I personally loved but it isn't everyone's scene. People doing shots and flicking cigarette ash in the pool is a little unpleasant though and it would have been nice if the staff had intervened. Luckily though there are other pools so you don't have to get caught up in the pool party.
The Thai restaurant was very good but I found the others a bit disappointing and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. In spite of this, the Kempinski Ishtar will always be my number one choice for a stay at the dead sea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are disappointed as well that you had to cancel your booking to visit us again, we hope you will get the chance to visit us again soon and enjoy your time with us.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by other guests by the pool, we try always to satisfy all our guests’ needs and we are disappointed that this caused any sort of annoyance to your good self, but we are happy to know as well that you could benefit from our multiple number of swimming pools and enjoy your time.

We are all looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have to admit I've become a frequent visitor at this hotel, as it is by far the best hotel at the Dead Sea. My only concern is that the quality of food is displeasing. I mean the restaurants themselves are fine but the food there is not up to standard , and outrageously expensive; I don't mind spending money on good food but its disappointing to spend so much money on something that is less than average! In addition , the menus lacks variation and in general its disappointing. Having said that, the morning buffet is generally good and has a lot of variation.
Steering away from the food part as it's hardly the reason I chose the Kempiniski Hotel , the overall atmosphere at the hotel is lovely. The rooms at Ashtar building are gorgeous and spacious. The pools are always clean and well serviced. We're always well taken care of by all the staff and the pool area is always well attended , which should be the norm but unfortunately at some hotels you wait for hours before getting any service. My son just loves the new beach area and the staff are so friendly that one of the staff that attended the beach actually took the time to play with my son and entertain him as it was a quiet day on the beach , which I thought was just amazingly friendly of him! I wish I caught his name , because I would've liked thanking him in person.
All in all, as I mentioned earlier, this is not the first time I go to this hotel and that's for the enjoyable time I have every time I go there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased and proud to read your review, which is giving us a great motivation to know that we have succeeded to achieve our goal, which is providing our guests with an enjoyable and special stay during their visit to the Dead Sea. However, I am disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations with our Food quality and variety; I can assure that we are working hard right now to ensure that we provide the best food experience to our guests and I hope during your next visit we will succeed to exceed your expectations this time.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We choose kempiski dead sea for a pause of relaxation during our trip to jordan with our six year old daughter. The hotel website boasts remarkable points of strength, some of them are true and namely the combination of a very good location with an impressive architecture. As for the rest the service is sometimes good (concierge), sometimes naive/chaotic (breakfast), the level of the food is just above standard and some technical/maintenance problems occurred during our stay. For all these i would have said the hotel being just too pricey as they could have try harder to leave an impression... until the final surprise of the last night.
An incredibly loud wedding party going on after 1 am just outside the door of the suite that was literally trembling with the music. Just before getting up at 6 am for an early departure W
we had to call several times for the privilege of having of the managers in our room to check the situation and tell them to revise their marketing story: oasis of tranquility for hotel guests or happening hot spot for private parties. Considering the value for the money at this hotel there is no realistic balance in between.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Preatoni

Dear Guest,

We are so disappointed that your pleasant and peaceful stay with us has been disturbed by such an incident on your last day; please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the wedding noise. We will make sure to handle things differently next time in the future we have a wedding in our hotel. I thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us and I hope we will be able to gain your trust again and have the chance of welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Kempinski for just one night at the end of a short break in Jordan visiting first Petra then the Dead Sea. We thought the hotel was very good - very well laid out with lots of pools some for adults some for children so everyone had their own space etc. The staff were very good - always seeming to be trying to anticipate rather than just meet your needs and expectations. We ate at the hotel and the food was good - our only very small negative would be that the buffet was good but not quite to the standard we would expect from this calibre of hotel. We loved the DJ by the pools though, the room and the view from the room the Dead Sea experience etc and to be honest everything else about the hotel. Would definitely recommend it......

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to the travel community and taking the time to share your pleasant experience with us. We wish that you could stay with us more and get the chance to try our wide variety of facilities. We hope your next visit with us would be longer and I took your feedback regarding the buffet into consideration and I hope we will succeed to meet your expectations next time.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Kempinski, however we had a few issues with the service received. We went to the general manager with these concerns and he made our stay much better. Our comments were taken on board and the service (especially at breakfast) vastly improved. I would definitely recommend addressing any issues you have whilst staying at the hotel and not after. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvsior.

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay with us, it always give me a great pleasure getting the chance to meet our valuable guests and hear their constructive feedback, which is always allowing us to take the right decisions to continue delivering the level of service we are aiming for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweimah
Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ma'in
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah

Been to Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea? Share your experiences!