All reviewsquick checkpools areavisited this hotellife guardsmrseaammanmudbody
Reviewed 18 September 2017

For the price I paid I got a fantastic deal in terms of the stay. My first visit to the Dead Sea. The hotel is huge with 4 levels of swimming pools and finally ending up at the 5th level by the sea.
The hotel should be called Grand East Fortress and not hotel as the words hospitality or hospitable remains unknown to the staff especially those at the Front Desk. As you enter the premises which looks huge, you are stopped by a very stern security. The check in process seemed more like enrolling into the armed forces. After dinner at an outside restaurant I was stopped on my return at the security gate and the security guard had to call the reception on his walkie talkie and confirm that I was a guest there. The whole process took 5 minutes.... Which hotel does not allow outside guests to come and use their restaurant facilities... So much questioning at the main gate?? Never ever experienced this at any other hotel. This afternoon I was locked out of my room since I was swimming and returned to the room at 12 45 - 45 minutes after check out time.... had to return to the reception and ask to be let in to the room. The hotel was not full but however since I booked through a travel agent at a very cheap rate, I wasn't given a pool / sea facing room.... Those rooms cost 25 JD more.... I can understand if the hotel was packed and full... but when you are almost empty why not delight your first time guests...
Rooms were clean and had basic amenities. The fridge in the room was not working. Bed was comfortable.
The lifts had a horrible putrid stench... and groaned and squeaked like ones in a horror movie.
The hotel has 4 pools which are impressive even more if prefer loud trance kind of music. They were quite empty and the best part of the whole deal was the price I paid and I got to use the pool and the sea (most times to myself) as there were hardly any guests there.... So it was like having a private beach to myself. beers cost 7.750 jd for a Heineken 330 ml... if you give 10 JD you never get back the change...
However, if you want a quiet beach with no disturbance and pools to yourself (barring the loud music - mostly trance) and a basic room which is clean fr a very reasonable rate then do stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool and sea facing rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Rooms are okay, they feel old although the hotel is new!

Pools area are not relaxing at all! The music is so loud!

Beach area is very difficult to access when you compare it to other hotels in the area.

Breakfast is 3 stars style at most.

However, staff are nice, the hotel is good for families with a lot of kids but not for young people who want to relax and enjoy their time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay,nice clean rooms,enjoyed the pool ,the breakfast and dinner buffet was tasty.The only thing no slippers in the room only provided one big towel one bar of soap no big deal .I will definitely come back on my next vacation.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

avoid avoid avoid .. bad stuff ..unfriendly managers ..very bad treatment to guests ..dirty pools by all means without daily clean the lifeguards were busy with their phones my three year old daught fell in the water beside the lifeguard and he did not notice !! my husband has to go in his closes to pull her up !!..the food sucs the plates smells bad and we found hair inside food .. they accused us for broking a table which was already broken and had us pay charge of 100 jod by force tbe laubdry manager talked to us unpolitly we paid and called the police tp the hotel .....if you are planning to visit the deadsea make sure to visit any of the five stars amazing hotels located their but not this one .. this hotel by its employees could never by named a hotel !!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Roura2013
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice and I will visit it again next week is not expensive... I love the place and coach in the pool thank you so much .... Keep going ....... I can't explain how I feel but I think grand East better than some hotel around him thank you guys love you bye bye

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends