“Excellent location”

Good Time Resort Koh Mak
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ko Mak
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had a room in the Island Suites and, although the cheapest of all accommodation when we booked, it was a really good size with a balcony (with plugs outside so you can have the fan on) that ran the full width. The small supermarket was also only 2 minutes away. This resort really is located a 10 minute stroll from both beaches - it's down hill there so slightly uphill on the way back. The views all around are amazing. The staff were friendly and the lunch snacks were good (we never ate dinner here). Breakfast was perfectly adequate, though you probably wouldn't trample over anyone to get to it. Would definitely recommend this place even though the pool water looked a little green, you could still see your feet in it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Helen D
KoMak, Owner at Good Time Resort Koh Mak, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the excellent review.We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the pool was a little "green". The good news is, we installed new filter and a new water pump, which works perfect and the pool is crystal clear since several month now. I am very grateful that you have been so patience with us about this matter.

Best wishes and hopefully we can host you again soon (with a crystal clear pool).

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A very popular resort in a great location. As a first time visitor to K.Mak, staying 3 nights at Good Time allowed us to explore the island. We stayed in a Thai Teak House, then in the Island Suites which we preferred as they were more spacious & had a nice balcony (more functional).
Wifi was fine in the reception area but a very weak signal (unusable) elsewhere.
Kirsten (owner) was very helful.

Room Tip: Island suite #1, first floor - spacious, nice views over the garden.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Di-Syd
Reviewed 24 January 2014

it was my first time on koh mak and i enjoyed my stay at Goodtime Resort so much. Everything was just perfect. The staff was great, the food excellent and i also liked the location due to the fact that it was silent located and in between the two nicest beaches on the island.

I ve stayed in two different villas and seen even more. All of them are very nice furnished and have their privacy. The beds are comfy and the rooms are absolutely clean…

i will come back for sure!
a big thanks to the nice staff..
Daniel P.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank elevationss J
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

First off: the location works. Sure it's a ten minute walk down to the beach, but you can choose your beach for the day, and you get the spectacular views every morning (if you go straight over the road you can enjoy one of the greatest views I've ever seen). Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is fine. The garden has a play area, something we liked a lot. It's calm and the rooms are nice, having your own villa is cool. I'd stay here again if I was traveling with a big group.

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank Nicklas R
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My start with the Good Time Resort was a bit shakey as they forgot to pick me up from the pier in Koh Mak. This is a small island in the middle of the Andeman where you can't just flag a taxi. Once the information office called and sorted it out for me all went up and up from there.

The hotel is really a set of small and not so small Thai villas that has been restored to perfection. I had a lovely little house at the bottom of the resort - very private and very comfortable. It was one large room with a comfortable bed and a nice sofa to sit on. No TV here although there was a set that you could borrow DVDs to watch on. A lovely front porch with great chairs as well. The bedding was very German in style with single covers. I was cold at night and had to request a duvet which came promptly.

The bathroom was big and open plan but nicely decorated. The water on Koh Mak is very rusty - that's an island thing not the hotel. It smelled quite strong but wasn't a deal breaker. Towels were clean and plentiful as were the toiletries that were provided.

Breakfast was served up on the main builidng where the restaurant and lounge were located. Breakfast was simple with great coffee, fresh fruit, fresh bread and pancakes. Dinner at the restaurant was excellent, especially after the cook learned that I like spicey food and started to cook off menu for me.

I spent an hour or so a day in the loung upstairs working on my computer as the only wifi (free) was up there. It was a lovely place to work with a nice cross breeze. There was a toy corner and an extensive library of DVDs up there as well.

The Good Time Resort arranged for one of the best Thai massages that I have ever had. The young woman who did the massage didn't speak English but we worked together for two hours (she only charged me for 90 minutes) beating the kinks out. She was so good I hired her all four days that I was there.

The Good Time Resort is located a walk away from the beach on either side of the island. They included a free island tour in the room rate which was a great way to see the island, especially as the owner's family seems to own most of the island.

There were a handful of places to eat and drink about 10 minutes walking from the hotel. Bring a torch (flashlight) with you because when it gets dark there it gets dark!!!

All in all a lovely experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Rachellejv
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Beautiful, quiet and very clean houses hidden in a wonderful green garden with lots of space between them. The ones on top of the hill have a view over the island onto the sea. Good Time has a nice pool area and a very cute restaurant terrace and tree bar, as well with a great view. Good breakfast (pancakes!) and dinner, plus I had the best Banana shake of my life. Service is great and staff are super friendly. They perfectly organised scooter rental, snorkeling trip, speed boat etc.. The resort is very well located, close to the islands main beaches and to what I'd call the main road with some restaurants and shops. But with a scooter you'll get anywhere pretty quick anyway, and the staff know the island inside out and can give you great tips for the best restaurants and hidden gems of this beautiful, unique and still rather untouristic place. You will have a very good time at Good Time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Paulmerz
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We have been in Thailand this October for about 10 days. 4 days of this trip was in Koh Mak at Good Times. The day I made the reservation over the net, I received a warm welcoming message. It was a good start.
Yodying, the owner of the resort, lives partly in Chiang Mai, where we visited right before we moved to Koh Mak. It was a very sincere move for Yodying to meet us there and take us to dinner, telling us all about Koh Mak... So there we were already a fan of Koh Mak and became friends with Yodying rather than hotel guests...

Koh Mak was exactly what we were looking for. One of the smallest islands, well cared, and preserved. It is one of the places where you can enjoy much facilities but at the same time feel like you are a Robinson Crusoe. Not to skip locally run and the freshest seafood restaurants on the Island!
Good Times Resort enjoys one of the most flourished lands on the Island, with an exceptional variety of villas spread rather independently into the nature. The resort is walking distance to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island and a couple of minutes of motorbike ride to the other. The staff is always there for you and helpful.

Al in all it was an exceptional journey for us far from mambo jambo, rather with much peace and friendship. Would like to thank Koh Mak and The Goodtime Resort for being such a great hosts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple