We have stayed for one week and we really have enjoyed it.
- Best bungalow deal on the island: the bungalows are big, comfortable and extremely well-designed - very reasonable price
- Best food on the island - although many reviewers have already mentioned this - we also tried different places around the island - nothing could beat Big Easy's kitchen
- Lovely staff: felt like having a second family, open-hearthed, welcoming and cheerful.
- Beach: beautiful clean water, but full of sharp pieces of corals and shells - need to be careful - depending on the tide the water can be very shallow - need to swim for meters for diving properly into the sea - the beach area in front of the bungalows is kept clean by the staff, however this is the worst beach of the island when it comes to litter - it's full of garbage all over it.
- Sandflies: this is not BigEasy's fault ofcourse, the whole island is infested by these annoying seasonal beasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, Family run Resort on the beach with a relaxed, "Old Style" Thai island atmosphere. Huge wooden Bungalows built in a Traditional Thai design with high ceilings, sexy bathroom and large deck with hammock. All 7 Bungalows are within 70 meters of the pristine beach and are generously spaced out to ensure privacy from other guests. The Restaurant serves excellent Thai/European cuisine at fair value prices with friendly and helpful service from the family of staff. Big Easy is within walking distance to local shops, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Easy Hotel Koh Mak
- Big Easy Koh Mak