My advice is to check this place out ONCE you arrive on the Island. DO NOT make an advance booking on the internet.
The bad points.
*The manager charged me for an extra night against my wishes because of a ferry booking mix up which was his error.
*I heard the manager telling people on the phone that there are no mosquitoes here. I regularly saw mosquitoes but applied insect repellant when required.
* I was bitten by a dog on my last day at the resort. This will cost me close to $400 in rabies vaccinations.
The good points:
* Very nice pool and rooms.
* Great Italian food.
* Relaxed out of the way location.
I was told that the current management have been there since September, 2012.
I suggest asking for the price of EVERYTHING you order. Only some prices are listed on the menu, so you might get a surprise when the bill turns up.
Spaces on the fast ferry can be very limited (about 30 people I think). You may wish to ask the manager if you will be charged for the room if the ferry is already full and you can not make it to the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beautiful island of Koh Mak, Bamboo Hideaway Resort is a small boutique style resort built in an aging rubber tree plantation using natural materials. We here at Bamboo Hideaway have tried to capture a feeling of peace and tranquility. Eight bungalows, elevated and accessible by a walkway from the restaurant, weave its way through the trees to accommodation that have been designed to give you all the luxuries of a more traditional resort but with the advantage that only natural materials can give.Large and spacious, the bungalow has a double bed with possibility of extra bed. Air conditioning, hot water and private bathroom. It comes with towels, slippers and fresh water every day. Sea wiew most of them.Bamboo Hideaway is only less than 5 minutes walk from the nearest beach, but our service also provides you with free transportation to any beaches on the island. Our swimming pool offers picturesque view of the ocean and sunset that no other places on the island can offer!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Sawasdee, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bamboo Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Hideaway Hotel Koh Mak