we came for two days and stayed for six in the end.
There are some disadvantages, but all in all we loved it very much, so we stayed much longer then planned.
Here are the advantages:
- friendly manager, likes to help & improve
- most modern place on the island (finsihed in 2009)
- "remote" (10 minutes from the real beaches), so there were only 6 or 8 other people with us
- great infinity pool
Here are the disadvantages:
- not at one of the 2 large sandy beaches
- staff speaks nearly no english except for manager, but still very freindly and helpful
- remote: you need to drive a scooter if you want to go to another restaurant or beach (10min)
- no wireless
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the most beautiful resort on Koh Mak, even by the other resort owners on the island. All beach, sea view Villas on a serene private beach. Amazing endless swimming pool with jacuzzi seat and always enough sun chairs and tables in the restaurant. The Koh Mak Retreat is truly a place where you can get away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plubpla Koh Mak Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plubpla Koh Mak Retreat Hotel Koh Mak