“Panahar”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Panahar
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Panahar”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have used this resturant many, many times for take aways. We have never had a bad meal. When we lost their menu, I went to visit them. The decor is amazing with neon light Indian glas portraits. I am making a point to dine there. This comes highly recommended for food.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Frank H

Essex
“Friendly staff and great food.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The owner and staff are always friendly. The special chicken naga and the kebab cocktail-e-bahar are some of the best Indian dishes I have had.

• Visited February 2014
Basildon, United Kingdom
“consistent”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

the staff are always attentive and chatty when you go there and the food stays at a consistenly good standatd

Visited January 2014
Stanford-Le-Hope, United Kingdom
“Average Indian food.”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have eaten inside and have used them a couple of times for take away. My wife and myself have eaten at several Indian restaurants over the last 10 or so years. Why the low rating? Food was just average and the cost for a takeaway was to me way overpriced. We ordered just enough for 2 people and the bill was £25. Other places we have got a takeaway was around £20 and that was with more food ordered. I will never go there again.

• Visited November 2013
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“tasty dishes and good prentation”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I found this restaurant after someone recommended this to me. I think that it was overall a very good experience and I plan to go back.
The dishes were well cooked, good taste and they have a good variety. My choice was to try different dishes in order to enjoy different flavors. Many people do not enjoy the Indian cuisine and spices obviously this is unlike any of the Thai or Chinese cuisine. I find each of them different and spectacular in their own way. If you want to try Indian and you are in the area this is a good place in my opinion.
Try their Naan bread with different flavours and fillings.
Ask the waitress about how hot are the dishes if you are not able to take much spice.

• Visited May 2013