“Overnight Stay on Sat 5th July 2014”

Hassenbrook Hall Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanford-Le-Hope
Hassenbrook Hall Guest House
Romford, Essex
“Overnight Stay on Sat 5th July 2014”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hassenbrook Hall is absolutely LOVELY and is just gorgeous. We stayed for 1 night on Sat 5th July, as we were in Stanford for the Stanford Music Festival. A BEAUTIFUL Grade II listed B&B in Stanford-le-Hope. Our room was lovely - very comfortable & roomy bed, with lovely en-suite shower etc. The whole building is fantastic - so full of character. The breakfast room is nice, light and airy - Mr Tregunno (owner) was very friendly, chatty and even showed us the garden. My only 2 comments (and they are minor ones) - a full English breakfast would have been nice and I did think that a 10am check-out (on a Sunday morning) is a bit early as most hotels/B&B's are around 12 midday. But they are only minor points - would definitely consider staying here again if in Stanford and would definitely recommend it to friends/family. Full top marks - 10 out of 10 and 100%. .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Romford_EssexCookie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

After reading previous reviews on Hassenbrook Guest House, I can happily say that this was a lovely place to stay. From my point of view it must have been the guests who put a poor review on here who was the problem not the friendly owner who, upon discovering the previous occupier of the room we had, had taken the keys, simply replaced the lock and delivered the keys, by hand, to my parents house for us to collect. Not bad service at all!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Wallingtonwallace
Basildon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

On arrival we had a very warm welcome from the host/ owner & his wife, we were immediately made welcome. The whole character of the building was period with antique artifacts and beautiful gardens and settings. We were taken to a lovely double room which featured everything we needed and we was left alone. The owner then said if assistance needed to ring bell. It felt very comfortable and homely. The room was clean fresh with extra towels and duvet if needed. Myself and husband went out for the evening and arrived back at our own leisure. Next morning we went to breakfast room we had some lovely eggs, toast, and orange juice.which we enjoyed, made us feel at home. After breakfast the owner kindly showed us around his private home & living area's. The tour he gave us and the history was amazing, we have both said we will definitely go back, I would recommend anyone to stay and learn the history of hassenbrook hall. Owners are fantastic, rooms are great, im looking forward to staying again.
Others with negative feedback: you are entering a home, the place is owned not managed. The rooms are clean, owners great, and maybe if you feel that way you should stay at home. Or get at life.

Mrs Natasha walker.

Room Tip: We stayed in room one, but im sure all rooms are great, character of hall says it all,
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ken W
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Having read some of the reviews, we didnt know what the hell to expect so went with an open mind and made sure we called Peter to let him know we would be late (due to traffic!) Peter was friendly and pleased that we had brought cash for our 2 night stay on arrival! He made time to talk about why we were there (for a wedding at the nearby Langdon Hills Golf Club) and explained how the self serve breakfast worked. Peter showed us the breakfast room and then to our room (no 3). It was small but had everything we needed, none of the furniture matched, the bedding was old, the cups had lipstick on them ....but....it was comfy and quiet, we washed our mugs and had a lovely nights sleep both nights.We wondered 10 minutes into the town and found a pub, and a really great kebab place! The breakfast room has an egg boiling gadget which worked perfectly both days, a great little thing and we sussed it but I guess from some of the reviews, people in a mad rush can't spend 2 minutes to read the instructions (we did tell Peter they coud be clearer).
I really liked the quirkyness of the place, the building is gorgeous and full of ecclectic things, the grounds are pretty too. If you want to stay somewhere uber clean with matching furniture, look elsewhere, other than that, this is a nice, quiet, very reasonably priced guest house, we were happy to have stayed :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3, an extenion to the original house so lacked the beams and character throughout...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1Wild_Child79
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

At 10:30pm, i was put in the position where i needed to find somewhere to stay as my eldest daughter brought all her collage friends back to my house to have a party. I'm in the fortunate position that Hassenbrook hall is just round the corner to my house, ringing so late i didn't think i would be able to get a room, but the friendly and helpful gentlemen said it was fine and to come when i was ready. i never got there until 11:30pm and was welcomed at the door by Peter the owner of the hall. Shown to a perfectly good room and given a key and told i could go out for a cigarette whenever i pleased. When i woke up in the morning, i was offered a complementary breakfast which i declined, but sat in their beautiful garden and drank my coffee. I was fortunate to sit with Peter, the owner, and learn more about the halls interested history. Next time there is a party at my house i will defiantly stay at Hassenbrook hall.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank 397Donna
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I also received a ticking off for arriving later than planned (although only an hour late mid evening, not late at night or early hours). I had forgotten to bring cash - my fault - but was then advised to walk the 'five minutes' to the cash point. An hour later I reappeared at the guest house and went up to my room, tired and fed up with sore feet. The room had a dreadful smell, so I slept with the window open. The bathroom smelt equally awful, so I avoided shower and settled for quick wash and brush up before leaving. Mirror tiny, so v difficult to apply make up too. Worried about breakfast as room seemed so dodgy I worried about quality of the food, so skipped it and headed out. Won't be going back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Megan D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I live in South Wales and work long term away from home in Essex. This requires good, clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation. I found this at Hassenbrook Hall. Peter and his wife Marlene is a good host and always willing to drop what he is doing for a chat. My on suite room is always clean and well stocked with tea, coffee etc. I leave for work early so do not have breakfast but its all there if required. All in all an ideal well maintained Guest House which I can recommend to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Daddyosocool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanford-Le-Hope
The Bell Inn Hotel
Holiday Inn Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#5 of 7 in Basildon
Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel

Been to Hassenbrook Hall Guest House? Share your experiences!