“Superb weekend getaway!”

Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Port Alfred
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Oceana is superb in every way, from the friendliness of the staff to the awesome meals and the spectacular views. During our stay we went on two game drives and saw a lot in a short time,perfect for our short stay. I have to make special mention of the great service from ALL the staff,nothing was too much effort for them and they made our stay a memorable one. Hennie the GM runs a well oiled machine and his attention to detail did not go unnoticed. Well done guys, we will be back!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
H101, General Manager at Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Clive. I am glad to hear that you and Layla enjoyed your weekend with us and the service from the staff. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to have you back at Oceana soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I ve had one of the most enchanting stays at oceana. Watching the African sun blaze the sky orange n red against the backdrop of myriad blues will be etched in memory. Watched the grace of the giraffe and the nimbleness of the nyala. Lovely staff and great food. The chef whipped up vegetarian delicacies till I was ready to burst. The room was spectacular and invisible hands kept it in order each time i stepped out.A fabulous dinner and great conversation with the managers made the stay even more special Wish I could have stayed longer.will comeback for a longer time with family and friends. Wishing oceana and its team a long summer innings and many more game drives and memories.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
H101, General Manager at Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us. It was intriguing and educational to learn more about India and all it has to offer from you and we wish you well in your personal venture. I hope to see you back at Oceana soon for a longer stay to come and relax with your family.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Oceana is a beautiful place surrounded by spectacular views of the ocean and the game reserve. Warm welcome by all the staff, specially Nick the Greek.... Since our first contact with Jo-Anne I could feel the 'family' vibe. The chalets are beautiful and very private, felt like royalty treatment!!! The Staff did everything to feel us at home with breakfast-lunch and the special dinners. The preparation of the food - chefs - was amazing and the surprise table settings for every meal. Did enjoy the staff, Hollanders, amazing what they new about rugby, special recognizing the Legend Danie Gerber (ex springbok rugby player),. did Danie good!!!
Thanks to Trevor for an awesome game drive, his patience and the nice sun downer with biltong!
Last but not the least the treatment by Lindi at the spa, booked my husband for a full body massage, it was on of the best and my facial was so relaxing!
Overall, this is a beautiful place - Hennie & Andriënne you are doing such a good job. Felt like one big family! Would love to see you sometime again!!! Keep up your hard work!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerber2013

It was an absolute honor and pleasure to host you both for the weekend, which I am pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed. We look forward to hosting you back at Oceana again for a relaxing break from your everyday busy schedule.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The place was amazing, the food was incredible, and the staff at Oceana are friendly, kind, and helpful. I felt like I was leaving family when my vacation was done. The service and pampering are beyond incredible. The setting is so peaceful and relaxing and the scenery is astonishing. I stayed for 12 days and while it is a trek from Texas I would travel there again in a heartbeat. They really go the extra mile to make your stay one you will never forget...drawing warm bubble baths for you when you return from a chilly game drive, handcrafted letters on your turned down bed each evening, and going out of their way to make sure you want for nothing. I would recommend this place to anyone and though I went solo, it is also great for children of all ages.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle A

Dear Michelle. Thank you for the review and recommendation of Oceana. The 12 days seem to have gone by very quickly and I hope you were able to settle back into work with the long travel. I trust that we will see you back at Oceana next year with perhaps your son who will also enjoy all the activities on offer at Oceana and the surrounds.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

From the minute you arrive you feel that you are someone special. They greet you at the gate and after driving to the reception you are greeted by friendly staff. They take your luggage to your room and after showing you around you can relax and admire the view of the Indian Ocean. The lunch was out of this world and after a game drive dinner was served which was 5 star. The room was fantastic including a jacuzzi, tv that emerges from a cupboard at the foot of the bed. Great place to watch the Springboks drill Australia!! I would recommend Oceana to any couple who want to have a complete break and find themselves as newly weds. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our second visit to this unique and spectacular Lodge. Magnificent accommodation, superb food, service and hospitality. A true gem. Attention to detail par excellance, friendly and professional. Well done to Hennie, Adriënne and their competent team. In my books, 6 star!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Absolutely wonderful place to have a holiday and it is worth every cent. The views are magnificent, the décor modern with subtle African elements. The property has very good chefs. The staff was great and they bent over backward to cater to our needs, including my children's. The spa treatment was the best I have had in years. We will definitely go back and will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge
Mansfield Reserve
Mansfield Reserve
#1 of 18 in Port Alfred

Been to Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve? Share your experiences!