Great holiday trip overall!
The convenience of the hotel added to a special weekend. The hotel felt more like a Bnb with the great service and personal care. The staff were all very friendly and were at our beck and call at all times. Reception was manned at all hours which was impressive and to add to that there was no waiting for anything! Absolutely great stuff guys.
The food in the restaurant down stairs was great and the breakfast included in the price was great value for money. The food was generous and fresh. The chef could do with a lesson on how to make chips though.
I wish we had spent more time at the facility to enjoy more of the amenities but GREAT value for money stay none the less and I doubt any place in Port Alfred could offer the same.
Some things to keep in mind for the future though:
1. Our fridge was never topped up with new water when we were out and we almost had to request more on the last day. Please ensure the cleaning person tops up the fridge.
2. Soaps and towels also were not topped up but we made do with what we had.
3. In the "kiddies" rooms there are no bedside plug points. I understand the rooms were designed for a family of 4 with the 2 kids being minors but I had no clue before, maybe this could be addressed in future.
4. The docking stations under the TVs were made for iphones but the phones don't fit in between the station and the TV unless held sideways which defeats the whole purpose of a docking station.
Again a big thanks from me and the family, GREAT HOLIDAY, GREAT STAY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MyPond Hotel is a beautiful 4 star boutique hotel situated at the Kowie river bank in Port Alfred. MyPond is operated by one of the most prestigious Hotel Management Schools on the African continent: Stenden South Africa. As a guest you may therefore expect excellent service standards and warm and dedicated hospitality in a beautiful setting. The emphasis of the accommodation is on comfortable, affordable luxury, with stunning, spacious river-view suites, family rooms (approx 50 m²) and classic rooms (approx 25 m²). The rooms are all en-suite, air-conditioned, with LCD televisions (10 satellite channels), telephones, universal plug points, safe, fridge and tea/coffee facilities. The Suites are equipped with I-Pod docking station radios, heated towel rails and sleeper couches. There is wheelchair access to all our rooms (via lift in the outer wing) and a full wheelchair friendly toilet in our lobby. Our award winning in-house restaurant Lily offers a contemporary menu selection with a wide variety of South African cuisine. As a guest you can look forward to a relaxed and welcoming dining atmosphere on the banks of the Kowie River. Choose from our extensive wine selection of top South African wines to compliment your meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your MyPond Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.