“Excellent Service! Friendly Atmosphere.”
Review of Links Coastal Inn

Links Coastal Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Alfred
Links Coastal Inn
Ranked #18 of 26 Port Alfred B&B and Inns
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
“Excellent Service! Friendly Atmosphere.”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Whenever I plan on visiting Port Alfred the first place I call, to make a booking, is the Links Coastal Inn. On this occasion I took my mother along with me. We were accommodated in one of the self-catering inter-leading family rooms that the Links has on offer. My stays at the hotel are always immensely enjoyable, I cannot recommend the Links highly enough.

The hotel bar has a pleasant atmosphere (take in the view from the deck) and the restaurant serves food that delights the taste buds. The hotel staff and the consistently high level of service at the Links are two key factors which have me coming back time and again.

Don't let the rates fool you, their inexpensive prices do not speak to the level of quality provided by the hotel. The rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable and the eclectic African decor feels like something out of a psychedelic dream (my mother couldn't stop raving about it). For good food, great service and tourist friendly rates, choose the Links Coastal Inn. (^_^)

Room Tip: If you plan on bringing the family along with you, rooms eleven and twelve are great choices. They a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
TheLinks_PortAlfred, Manager at Links Coastal Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor! :) i am happy to hear that you and your mom enjoyed your stay with us :) hope to see you back again in the near future.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Central Oregon, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our BMW Bike tour group stopped here for a night. Riding into Port Alfred was a nice surprise; east coast USA coastal type town. Link's was a perfect stop for us, after riding all day. We lucked out and were given the middle cottage in the back, which had a little kitchen, dining area, sitting area, nice size queen bed room and bath with large shower. The bar area on the second floor deck of the main lodge was a wonderful place to have a cold drink and watch the sunset. Our group ate dinner in the dining room, which is decorated very nice. Food was very good. I tried the ostrich and it was perfectly done.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Dear Karla, Cameron and team - thanks for helping me give my parents a surprise Anniversary dinner on the weekend. They had a great meal, enjoyed wonderful service, and the extra effort you made to transcribe my message to them and faciliate my paying for the dinner remotely was greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you all next time I am in Port Alfred for a visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Port Alfred
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Thank you Carla and team for a awesome supper again :) we regularly have friends over from the UK and the first restaurant they want to visit is yours! Excellent food and service - Thanks

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I have found a little gem in Port Alfred. It's right up on the hill with a small pub and wooden deck with a view of the river and sea. Probably the best place in town to quaff a few beers while watching the sun set. The restaurant served up some exquisite food in double time and the accommodation is just what I needed after a long day travelling. So comfortable in fact that I only woke at 9:30 and nearly missed breakfast! I was going to spend only one night there, I think I'll spend another and will definitely stay there next time I'm in Port Alfred.

• Stayed March 2012
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed for one night in a self-catering cottage which was well equipped clean and with pleasant decor.From my first call to Carla to the time we left we came across very warm,chatty staff which if one was staying longer would add to making your stay very memorable. Vibey restaurant on the property which served good food.Would definitely stay again at this well priced accommodation

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Noogs
Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review about us. I hope to see you again sometime soon! :)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We booked into the Links for only one night as we were passing through Port Alfred on our way to Knysna. Incredibly good rates for one night in the middle of December, and fantastic service from start to finish. The staff are wonderfully accommodating, the rooms beautifully furnished with stunning finishes and touches, and absolutely spotless, and the upstairs pub has a great vibe and awesome food.Very well positioned, nearby to the beach and river. This is one of those places you go back again and again. Wonderfully managed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple