“Always happy with Zen”

Zen Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 121 Restaurants in Subiaco
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Zen is a favourite Restaurant of mine, as I love Japanese food and Zen is situated near a carpark and near The Regal Theatre so it's my restaurant of choice when I see a show there. The food is always fresh and delicious, I especially love the eggplant in miso sauce, and it is also reasonably priced and has a nice decor and atmosphere, quite cosy an inviting. Definitely a place to visit if you like Japanese food.

1  Thank PerthDeb61

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had lunch at Zen with my wife.
She ordered the Zen style Spider Roll. A Crispy deep fried soft shell crab.
The dish was very well presented and the crab was very meaty.
I had their lunch box Teriyaki beef. I like the very refreshing salad that accompanied the beef.
The miso soup was flavourful.
We enjoyed our lunch.
The chef Hideki personally thanked us for our patronage.
The wait staff were very friendly and efficiently.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very Good food. Fresh Ssashimi, Very Good Salmon Head soup........ will always go back, The owner of the restaurant is a very good chef. Tried the King George Whiting and is so good.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I decided to try a new restraint in our neighbourhood in Subi-for sushi. sushi was really good, but we are still searching for the best. it was a bit pricy, but i will go back. i really did not care for the miso soup. sushi, and sashimi was fresh.

Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We found Zen after wandering around Subiaco trying to find somewhere for dinner (without a booking on a Saturday night). Zen's location (behind Dome on other side of carpark) certainly detracts from its attractiveness but there was a table available so we chose to eat there, and were both happy that we did. Whilst the atmosphere was lacking as they weren't all that busy, the service was top notch and the food was pretty superb too. Super fresh sashimi, yummy crunchy soft shell crab, and tasty generous serves of teriyaki chicken and teriyaki scallops certainly filled our bellies and we walked out with big smiles. Lots of competition in Subi but Zen was great!