“Nice apartment and good location.”

Darby Park Serviced Residences
Sydney, Australia
“Nice apartment and good location.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Nice one bedroom apartment. Bed very comfortable and rooms clean. Bathroom good size. I didn't have internet and had to pay extra.Close to train station and shops Woollies etc. Will stay next time. Didn't had coffee machine. Very quite.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Agnes P

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the Darby Apartments recently and thought it was great. We selected it mainly due to its close proximity to the Football Stadium. I did read some of the previous reviews and was a bit concerned. On arrival though I was pleasantly surprised. The reception staff were very welcoming and the one bedroom apartment was clean and spacious. The bed was really comfortable and the bed linen was lovely. The furnishing etc were all quite modern and very clean.

Room Tip: Maybe you need to ask for a refurbished apartment
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Darby park because the better half's office is round the corner which is very convenient for him and I was lucky to have friends who came to pick me up and take me out.

Accommodation needs to be revamped badly, it's showing its age but it's clean. The bedroom didn't have a heater so I was freezing at some point. No lifts so too bad if you've got heavy bags.

Some good cafés around for breakfast and coffee.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liz_t83
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Negative vibes and bad karma aside, the only pro about this place was that it was close to everything and in the heart of Subiaco. I'm not quite sure where the 5 star rating comes from and would never normally put anything on a site like this, but shop around people. On the outside it looks great but the rooms were old and grotty. They also deliberately or not, neglect to let you know that your $12.50 for 24 hour internet access, will virtually triple if you use more than one device(we should have read the fine print, granted)....how this makes any difference, I'm still yet to figure out. Saying all of this tho, the staff were friendly and sincere and the pool urine levels were surprisingly low.

Room Tip: Rooms in another serviced apartment would be better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ryan H

Travellers are raving about these Subiaco hotels

Adelaide
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 night in early September 2013. We choose this place due to the location as we needed to be in Subiaco. We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment and paid $1050 for the 3 nights. The room was old and smelled like deep heat. It was dark & dingy and the bedding was old and pillows weren’t comfortable. There was also a lot of mould in the bathrooms. We had friends saying in an apartment near ours and they didn’t have hot water. These 'serviced apartments' don't service the apartments on Sundays. We also ordered food from a place that they recommended only to find out it wasn’t ‘Genuine’ and it's an internet scam. Big disappointment. We had friends staying at different places they had found through stayz that were a lot cheaper and much nicer than Darby Park.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I booked to stay at the Hay Street location for a night to enjoy the football at Paterson's Stadium. When booking, I had read that there was a car space available for every unit. Upon arrival we checked in and drove through to the secure parking, only to find several other disgruntled patrons revealing there were no spaces left in the car park. How can this be if there is one bay per apartment? After driving back and and consulting a very rude admin/concierge I was told (with several other people in the lobby complaining) that some people like to travel with two cars and that's why it's full. For an expensive $330 a night, I believe everyone should be entitled to a car space for their apartment, especially when there was no where else to park in a busy area. We were offered to park on the verge behind other cars, but having once had our car reversed into in a hotel car park, we know that there is no liability on the hotel. We told the admin/concierge we'd simply like a refund we'd stay elsewhere, to which she replied I can't do that sorry. After we insisted on seeing the manager she sulkily and reluctantly phoned him down (it's me, sorry to bother you AGAIN she says) we were granted a refund by a lovely man who was the manager. I think perhaps the establishment needs to consider the politeness and professionalism of their staff - had the parking been monitored initially this would not have been an issue. For the price point you need more for your money - we retreated to Fraser Suites in the city for $199 a night - luxury accommodation with secure parking and 5 star service.

Stayed August 2013
3 Thank cjade8
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Highly misleading.
I was given a stay at the Darby park in Margaret river (better but not my wedding day) for the appalling ordeal of my wedding day whereby I could not enter the room. Nearly one year on and I am just as mad as ever about subiaco. Take some real pictures of this place because my mom and I the day before the wedding could not find a room that looked like the pictures.
Thanks for the stay in your better margarate river accommodation.. I guess makes up for like %30 of what I felt while I was driving to my house on my wedding day.

• Stayed April 2013
Guy R, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Stephjade85, Thanks for your post on Trip Advisor following your stay last April. We have had a look, the picture in question was posted by a traveller, we have asked the website moderator to take the incorrect picture down. Once again, thanks for letting us know. Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Subiaco
Quest West Perth
Perth CBD
Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel
Pensione Hotel Perth
#11 of 64 in Perth

Been to Darby Park Serviced Residences? Share your experiences!