“Good but pricey”

Price range: US$1 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In addition to the Witch's famous food they offer the best of Australian wines. Cellar Master Darren O'Brien has explored and achieved an extensive list of the states best offerings. The Witch's wine list does however provide patrons with wine choices from all over Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy and more. The Witch's specialises in business lunches & functions. The two and three courses business lunches are sensational value and offer a choice of the Witch's specialty dishes to choose from. The Witch's also offers a choice of set menus for business functions. To view the menus simply go to the Dining page. We are ideally located for an early dinner before a show at the Regal Theatre or at the also for a pre football or rugby meal, lunch & dinner. You can give the Witch's dining experience as a gift. Gift vouchers are available for all budgets and make an ideal gift for any occasion. You can purchase a gift voucher by contacting us. Our friendly staff will organise the palatable gift for you straight away.
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We revisited this restaurant after a break of many years due to disappointing meals in the past. I'm glad we did as it is a short walk from the Regal Theatre, where we has been for a show, and the food has greatly improved. Six of us enjoyed the meals we ordered, including an amazing fillet steak (herb crusted), served with a truffle mayonnaise - delicious. There were a few things that were a little odd, eg the shared seasonal vegetables comprised of sweet potato in a creamy sauce - no greens or other vegetables available. The shared green salad however was delightful, full of fresh ingredients.

Visited July 2014

Perth,Australia
“Still very good”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Probably our 4th visit over the past few years and it's still very good. Agree with some reviewers that it probably needs a bit of a refurb. However it has good service and a good atmosphere. For perth prices 70 bucks for 3 courses is pretty good. I reckon they should provide break with the garlic prawns. Also good that are open on a Sunday night, many other fine dining places are closed

Visited June 2014
“Oh Dear...”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had been to the Witches Cauldron years ago and did not have a good meal but a friend had organised a meal here one Friday night, so thought I would go and try it again in the hope that the experience would be better...it was not meant to be :(

One friend had the Beef & Asparagus Salad, the beef arrived cold and very rare and the only bits of asparagus were the stalks and not the spears. We wanted to give some feedback to the chef to say that it shouldn't say on the menu that it is a Beef & Asparagus Salad if there isn't any asparagus. Next thing we know a small plate of asparagus arrives but my friend has nearly finished her meal. My other friend had the scallops which seemed to have very little parsnip puree and I had the Pork Belly which should have come with a pineapple and cucumber salsa, there wasn't any pineapple in that salsa! We had ordered chips to share which arrived nearly at the end of the meal.

I don't think they have changed the décor in years nor the carpet for that matter! We were sitting downstairs and above us was the staircase. Everyone time anyone used it, the stairs creaked above us. At one point a bit of the plaster landed in my friend's water!

There is no need for us to go back again...

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Packyourbags6
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Witches Cauldron restaurant is an Icon”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have visited this restaurant many times and never had a poor meal and always with excellent service. Witches Cauldron is an Icon. The only criticism we would have is that the surroundings inside could do with a bit of a 'facelift'. Can thoroughly recommend the Witches Cauldron although we would suggest to avoid Saturday nights as they are very busy due to it's popularity.
I have dined both with girlfriends for lunch and with my husband for dinner.

• Visited April 2014
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Talking through holes in their heids”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I dined here with our extended family during a recent trip from the UK, and wonder if some of your reviewers have really ever visited! My wife said she had the best Lobster/Crayfish Meunière she had ever eaten.. We have been fortunate to have dined in some of the best restaurants all over the globe, including Dubai, Barbados, Barcelona, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, as well as The Gleneagles Hotel, Rules in London and Amberley Castle in the UK. Since I have also eaten Pie and Chips costing 1shilling ans 6pence, I have not always been so lucky! Some of your reviewers are therefore off the beam, or so pretentious, their views do not countH, Keith Livie

• Visited March 2014