“Drab decor!”

Ranked #104 of 126 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Milanos Bistro offers spectacular bay views, delicious modern cuisine, fine wines and a superb selection of imported beers; it really is the perfect place to meet with family and friends. Our bistro is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, and now on Saturday and Sunday for breakfast at 8.30am. The room takes on a different facade for each event. Daylight fills the room with a bright contemporary ambiance, allowing diners to appreciate the relaxing vista created by the closeness of the bay. Evening guests enjoy a sophisticated atmosphere whilst watching the sunset slipping beneath the horizon. This fantastic venue invites you to come and enjoy the wonderful facilities it has to offer, including an outdoor beer garden and wheelchair access. Bistro bookings are essential.
“Drab decor!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Typical pub decor namely old fashioned and boring. Fish and salad was acceptable. Such an old crowd there on a Saturday afternoon, had to leave and head elsewhere for coffee! Only good feature was the sea view!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SandraTripper

Melbourne
“Appalling Service - Poor Standard Food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Were guests at a wedding reception at Milano's last Saturday night. Worst service I have struck at a reception anywhere. Close to two hundred people served by what appeared to be only two wait staff. Endless queues for a drink. What limited food there was was of poor quality and served on small plates, rather than large platters. This tired facility has a pleasant outlook over the Bay, but staff kept the blinds drawn all evening which, combined with a low ceiling in the reception room resulted in a claustrophobic atmosphere and very high noise levels.

I have not written a significantly negative review before - but Milano's wins the prize for the lowest rating I have given anywhere!

Anyone thinking of having an important function at this establishment should think again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank keneverywhere
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View - Poor food”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Whilst the view is great this doesn't make up for the poor quality food.
My husband and I received average service, but it was the food which seemed to take forever to arrive was cold and overcooked.
I myself have been unsettled the last few days since eating their woeful seafood.
Walk along the beach instead and eat elsewhere

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jen S
Chambery, France
“An unexpected good surprise”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

A couple of friends invited me there for lunch this afternoon, and I was pleasantly surprised as soon as we entered the big dining room. Obviously, they had made a reservation with a table overlooking the Port Phillip Bay,which I utterly enjoyed. Something that was new to me was also the existence of a senior's menu (coming from France, I knew kids menus but not seniors menus), very reasonably priced: 15 AUD for one seniors main dish + 2 AUD each for either soup of the day or the seniors dessert. We had a soup of the day, I had chicken Parmigiana and my friends choose chicken schnitzel, and the dessert of the day was a Danish pastry with whipped cream. I was very happy to meet my friends, the meal was very pleasant. (good food and good service), and the view very enticing.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ruddy L
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, great view, great service!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We ate dinner here with our four year old twins. All our food was great, the view was great, the waitress looking after us was amazing! The kids were being 4 year olds and she quickly came out and gave them each an activity pack that kept them entertained for the rest of the night chatted with them each time she came past and was very attentive to getting drinks and removing plates. We will definitely eat here again!

• Visited August 2013