“German visitors overnight stay in Wynyard Hall”
Review of Wynyard Hall

Wynyard Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Billingham
Waghausel, Germany
“German visitors overnight stay in Wynyard Hall”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Wynyard Hall was not only impressive, it was a dream and left the 23 members of our German group in absolute awe. They had never experienced anything like it. Food and service were excellent. The owner Sir John kindly invited us to a tour of the premises. Our stay at Wynyard Hall was a highlight of our trip to the Northeast of England and can be more than recommended.

Fred H. Kerner

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alfred K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Co.Durham
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I went for afternoon tea as a treat for my birthday, it was lovely! The service was excellent, efficient but not intrusive. The food was very nice, perhaps more filling in the sandwiches but the scones and cakes..mmmmm!

2 Thank Poohsvbf
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This was a belated birthday treat for myself and close family. The ambience, staff and surroundings were good however the tea was a diappointment. My aunt had previously visited a couple of years ago and had thoroughly enjoyed the experiece so we were all looking forward to an enjoyable afternoon tea. I am Coeliac and the hotel were informed in advance of my specific dietary requirement. My sandwiches were poorly presented with little filling and instead of scones I was given a plate of assorted fruit. My cakes were fine although the icings were stuck to the plate! I was disappointed with my tea and my family's sandwiches had totally different fillings to mine. Their cakes appeared to be supermarket bought and there were no individual small desserts except one which was so small we had to ask for tiny teaspoons in order to eat with. We complained about the tea and were informed to complete a feedback card. The Maitre D'Hotel agreed with me that a plate of fruit was not acceptable for Afternoon Tea and in my opinion, it was an easy way out.
Needless to say, we will not be returning to Wynyard Hall for Afternoon Tea and they need to reassess the quality and presentation of the food for future guests.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Dear Mr.Adam,

I am writing this letter in order to express my gratitude for the extremely high quality service provided to me during my stay at WYNYARD HALL HOTEL, by all members of your staff, I stayed almost a month in your hotel right from the very first day, the service provided to me was of extremely first class. Even during busiest time they never got flustered and showed total dedication and commitment to their duties and treated everyone to the same high standard of service whether it was for a party of people or individual, the enthusiasm and their energy levels is beyond my belief and their etiquette was exceptional, you have an extremely commendable team of staff and they are truly credit to your hotel and they fully epitomizes what 5 star service is all about.

Please pass on my thanks to all of them once again and I hope you will be able to offer them some kind of accolade for their tremendous efforts in making my stay with you so enjoyable. I will surely recommend your hotel to my colleagues and friends and I hope to return again in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Mohamad Ali

Room Tip: I stayed in a Dukes wood cottage it was good experience for me I recommend not only cottage but well...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mohamad A
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

spent sunday afternoon at the hotel with my family for my mothers 70th birthday.
Afternoon tea was amazing. Lovely room, fabulous staff and wonderful food.
cant wait to go back

2 Thank tara42ne
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife and i visit the hotel for a meal whilst staying in the area. Wow i wish we had discovered this gem of a place sooner. The service, food and attention to every little detail was fantastic. The staff were brilliant, the food delightful and the surrounds stunning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John K
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have joined trip advisor especially to write this review following a letter to the hotel manager. This hotel is truely beautiful and you will not be disapointed. The rooms are spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. The food and ambience in the restaurant is fantastic, complete with a piano player where you can make requests while dining. I ordered from the seasonal menu and my husband ordered from the market menu, both were gorgeous the only thing that was different was the price, therefore i would recommend the cheaper market menu if you are on a tight budget.
The Spa was so peaceful and very clean. The best hot tub and steam room experience i have ever had.
I am very excited to return and i would like to mention, Tony and Gilmore our friendly waiters and Bekir the restaurant manager who could not do enough for you and became like a friend during our stay. All the staff are excellent i might add and very friendly and helpful. Top class hotel!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Billingham
Seaham Hall
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf

Been to Wynyard Hall? Share your experiences!