Wynyard Hall
US$52
Highfield Hotel(Middlesbrough)
US$43
1,218 results
All reviewsafternoon teasandwichesbeautiful surroundingswedding breakfastfine diningbirthday treatfrom start to finishspecial occasionbottle of proseccowedding coordinatorrestaurant manageramazing weddingchristmas partyevery member of staffsunday lunchlarge bathroomwhole experience
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

No doubt that this is a great hotel. The rooms are truly stunning and the view is fabulous. I always find it difficult to give a £200 + room top marks because it needs to tick every box...However this place is close to full marks and is highly recommended for a couple of nights.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I chose this venue for an important business meeting today. This was based on the fantastic food and service I received in January of this year for my wedding (they certainly knew how to cook vegetables back then, contrary to a recent review!).
We had champagne afternoon tea for 3 and had a fantastic meeting. The food was of a high quality and the service impeccable. Every member of staff we encountered was a credit to the venue and I enjoyed seeing a few familiar faces.
This is a fantastic venue that I rate very highly. I would, and do, recommend it to everyone. My client really enjoyed the venue and it was a great success. Thank you once again Wynyard Hall!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Victoria H
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Attended wedding at Wynyard, stunning location, but needs much more attention to the smaller details:

i) Took asking 3 members of staff (and being sent to 2 separate parts of the hotel) to get a glass of water for an elderly relative - at this type of venue I would have expected the first person I spoke to to sort this out for me, not send me on an errand to get it myself.

ii) Out of 4 cubicles, only 1 had a lock that worked.

iii) Seven portions of butter for a table with 8 people ...

iv) The vegetables for the wedding breakfast were virtually raw - definitely not "al dente" - all 8 on our table were disappointed by this. The quantity of vegetables served with lunch (2 half-filled oval dishes for 8 people) was also hardly generous - we had to ration the carrots and other vegetables as the dishes went round.

v) No checking during the wedding breakfast to ensure that water jugs were refilled, they were only refilled by grabbing a member of staff passing by.

Wynyard Hall is a fantastic location, and could be the perfect venue or day out. However, I must agree with other reviewers that it is the small details that spoil this - it's rather sad to have to say that in a vegetable cooking contest, Toby Carvery beats Wynyard Hall hands down!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank David C
WynyardHallManager, Manager at Wynyard Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear David, thank you for your recent review and for taking the time to inform us of your experience. We generally receive outstanding feedback from the weddings that take place at Wynyard Hall however we appreciate that the little details that you have mentioned are very important. If you would like to discuss your points with me directly please contact reception@wynyardhall.co.uk.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our son got married in the chapel at Wynyard Hall and the venue was amazing. The food was superb and the service was excellent. We stayed in a standard room for night of the wedding and our room was spacious, well equipped and had good quality toiletries in the large bathroom. Breakfast the following morning was a relaxed affair and a perfect ending to a memorable occasion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous food, beautiful presented, in a stunning room. Definitely get your money's worth simple with the time and effort that has been out into making the food. The hall itself is breathtaking. Will be returning in the future. Thank you :)

Stayed: July 2014