Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Lol.travel
Agoda.com
£970
Easy and fast booking
1,584 results
All reviews afternoon tea scones wedding coordinator wedding breakfast from start to finish wedding venue well worth a visit rose garden sir john glass of prosecco stately home quiche farm shop master of ceremonies wynyard spa surroundings
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2022

Eaten here many times with The Tees Valley Business Club. Lovely grounds and a fantastic old building akin to a stately home. The food and service has always been very good, if you have a special event this would fit the bill.

Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 July 2022

Dear shackleston,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback, it is much appreciated and we will ensure that it is passed on to the relevant departments.

Reviewed 8 June 2022 via mobile

My Husband and I (only right when we shared a jubilee celebration, that we sound regal) And we felt Regal too! Our wedding day, 3rd June 2022
After booking with Wynyard Hall in 2017, 2 postponements, 3rd date lucky we had our day and what a day it was!!

Me, My bridesmaids and Mum stayed in Woodlands Lodge and just Wow! We did not want to leave, it is set in beautiful surroundings and is beyond luxurious!
The terrace provides Two hot tubs and amazing views which we took in as we ate and chatted along with some bubbly!
The rooms are beautifully decorated and living space/kitchen is Huge and again, stunning!! What a way to leave my single life!!

The following morning we awoke to find a small Deer wandering just beyond the lodge (possibly wondering what we were all doing there)! Where else could that happen!!

On to the wedding - from 2017 right up to last Saturday morning as we checked out Wynyard Hall were amazing.
We were kept informed at all times of any changes and they accommodated all our (sometimes crazy) ideas to ensure our wedding truly was our imagined day!

Wynyard staff could not do enough and Thank you will never be enough for what they all did from housekeeping, bar staff, reception and of the course, the Best wedding Team Ever!!

Jill, our co-ordinator kept me up to date and nothing was ever too much trouble, even switching out menu food and table arrangements at our request.
Jill went not only the extra mile, she went the extra 100 mile! Jill’s support was unwavering and she kept me calm, right up to ‘I Do’ as I walked to the Chapel doors
I found a friend for life and I am grateful she was there to walk with me on that last leg of my journey!

Dan Smith our day MC, again, amazing!! - he went above, beyond and beyond! Nothing was a bother and he even arranged special music to be played at our breakfast!! Thank you so much, again Smith!!

Libby and Dan - our night team - again, ensured all went smoothly and the night was perfect - anything we mentioned was immediately undertaken and responded to. They were fantastic!!!!

All our guests have commented on the food, the staff and the venue being the best they have ever experienced at a wedding and my husband had the honour of meeting and thanking Sir John Hall the following morning after our wedding (even got a selfie)

I could go on but would be here all night with compliments!

Suffice to say we cannot recommend anyone getting married here enough.
If you want perfection, do not hesitate to book Wynyard Hall!!

My only criticism is that we can’t do this every day as Wynyard Staff made us want to!!!!

Thank you all - so much!!
Mr and Mrs Hardy x

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 June 2022

Dear Mr & Mrs. Hardy, firstly, congratulations on your marriage, we hope you are settling in to married life well.
Secondly, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive, detailed review of your wedding experience with us. We can't tell you how happy it makes us to hear such feedback and please be assured that team members will be informed of your feedback, it's greatly appreciated and we're really pleased that your special day was such a success after the long wait from COVID-19.

We really hope it isn't too long before we see you both back on the estate. Until then, wishing you love and happiness and health in your marriage.

Reviewed 7 June 2022

We had our wedding day here on the 6th May 2022 and it couldn’t have gone any more perfect. The venue and surroundings were set up amazingly and the staff couldn’t have done more for us! Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Laura,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on your wedding day, it's much appreciated. We hope that married life is treating you well. We hope to welcome you and your husband back very soon. Your feedback on staff and the team will certainly be passed on.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Wynyard Hall.

Reviewed 23 May 2022

We have been regular customers at the Cafe and Gardens since it opened. It is such a pleasant place to visit. The staff are very efficient, welcoming and friendly and the food is very good. The changes made recently since Sophie returned have made a place we always like to visit even better. We are working our way through the new sandwich menu and the quiche is excellent value for money. It is also nice to see somewhere which is dog friendly. We highly recommend a visit.

Dear SueandGordonF,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Gardens and Café, we really appreciate all the feedback that we receive from our customers. We really look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 10 May 2022

A friend & I visited the spa on Friday for twilight spa & a treatment a light salad bowl was included in the price (£45 Spa £15 Mud treatment)
On arrival outside looked in need of a paint but where doesn’t at the moment. Greeted by friendly staff waited for changing room to free up (all good still n a pandemic after all)
On entering spa area noticed a slight drain smell but though nothing of. First stop relaxation room it was lukewarm and seats (that were heated last time) were stone cold so just a room with a rock hard cold tiled seat & twinkle lights, we though it’s ok just one room.
Hot tubs highlight of the evening clean & hot.
Headed to the Herbal Sauna it wasn’t especially warm but did heat up a little so we figured we’d just timed it wrong for the thermostat, not herbal though no aromatherapy at all. Also doors to outside neither closed properly.
Steam room, very steamy & warm but stunk of drains could only stay in a short time so we went back to sauna to see if it had warmed up (it hadn’t it was colder).
Mud treatment time, again it smelt of drains the smell go worse the closer you got to the sink in the steam room. Mud was lovely left skin feeling lovely. Rainfall shower head on left hand shower looked to be hanging off but it worked.

A lack of attention to detail/maintenance Cushions left on beds in the rain looked like they had been out quite sometime & green mould on the parasols.

Even after all these niggles that didn’t really stop us have a pleasant if disappointing spa, we had been before more than once and the standard now is nothing like it was, it was time for our food

Please see photo of my chicken salad bowl to say it was unappetising is an understatement grey chicken, staff member asked if all was ok as I wasn’t touching it and apologised and said it was the second one like that and no idea what was going on.

Lots of little things we might of let slide if it wasn’t all topped off by the food.
Staff explained no manager in after 17:00 so nothing they could do. I emailed the hotel when I got home (we also left straight after our food we just couldn’t bring ourselves stay until close.)
Hotel emailed back with an I pass to management team .
I’m not a complainer I never leave a bad review but the lack of any feedback after raising these issues and the very disappointing standard from what used to be an amazing spa I felt I needed to.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynda G
Management response:Responded 28 July 2022

Dear Lynda G

Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention following your recent experience at the Spa.
We treat all comments and feedback with great significance whether they are positive or negative. When we read a constructive criticism we always investigate it as we make a systematic and continuous effort to maintain a high level of service. Please be assured that all the points you raised have been addressed and taken on board by management within the team.
We only hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future in our effort of delivering you with an exceptional service and experience.

Best Regards,