Booked for an overnight stay on a Sunday.
Arrived at 8:30pm after a 6 hour journey and tried to book a table for dinner and was told that the restaurant was not open on Sunday evenings!!The receptionist thought that this was not unusual for a hotel and suggested a pub up the road - I ended up getting a takeaway from the local Chinese - I might as well have stayed in a Premier Inn.
Service from the evening staff(only one on duty) was indifferent.
Breakfast however was very good and the bedroom was large and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room in Clarence House is decorated and designed to an individual theme using rich fabrics and upholstery in deep burgundies and fresh creams.For a very special night to remember, the supremely comfortable beds boast thickly padded headboards and feather top mattresses that wrap you in an all-enveloping warmth. 'The best sleep ever' praise all the visitors.Bathrooms are beautifully appointed and include luxury toiletries, while carefully chosen pieces of furniture enhance the bespoke feel. The modern touch has not been neglected, and suites feature communications facilities and work areas for business guests.This inviting environment is more indulgent living than impersonal hotel stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Clarence House Country Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarence House Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Clarence House Country Hotel & Restaurant Dalton-In-Furness, Cumbria