“brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Spalding
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

couldn't have asked for anything better brill room good breakfast pleasant staff

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Ignore any comments before April 2011 as this hotel has now been taken over and is now a very well run establishment. We chose this hotel from the web on the basis of it's position to the town of Spalding but with some misgivings due to comments that some guests had previously registered. Our experience could not have been better. The staff were exemplary, so polite and helpful and in our opinion very professional, which today in many hotels one finds this attribute sadly lacking. Our room was spotless and very pleasant and the meals(dinner & breakfast) very tasty and reasonably priced. In all a very pleasant stay and we would certainly use this hotel again and thoroughly recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in Spalding.

Room Tip: Just ask for one.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Johathan
Doncaster
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip on my first night there was no hot water available so I called reception who told me to run the tap as it takes a while to come through, after 20mins still no hot water, then told problem with boiler and somebody was coming to look at it, so no shower that night.
I then went to the bar for a drink but could not get near as the local rotary club were having thee weekly get together and was then informed that I would have to eat in the bar or room service as the restaurant was being used by the rotary club (would have been nice to have been informed during check in). so I went back to my room until the group had sat down for there meeting.
I then went back to the bar and was served by a very plesent barman, I ordered food which arrived quickly and was very good the first good thing to happen that night.
The bed in the room was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in and I did not get a good nights rest.
Asked following day for different room but they were fully booked, so that was that breakfast services was supposed to start at 7am I arrived promptly and there was a large table seated waitress arrived eventually and took my order more than 20 mins later my breakfast arrived and again food good quality but service very slow, rest of week continued pretty much the same then on friday came down for breakfast and was told chef had not turned up so there would be no cooked breakfast another great start to the day.
In summary if I ever have to come to spalding again this is one hotel I will be avaoiding unless it improves its service and spends some money on a refurb!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Travelsabout
gan s, Owner at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
I am sorry that you had a bad experience during your last stay. The hotel is under new management since April 2011 and the comments made by the last three guests, since then, reflects the Quality of service we provide and will continue to do so. I hope you will try us again and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We booked in for five nights DD&B on the basis of a previous year AA listing. The quality of the food was excellent, the bedrooms were very good, the staff generally hard working and caring. With one exception the staff were willing to find people to get things done. They were courtious and the bar staff service was good. The overall organisation and management of the hotel was poor. There was a lack of forethought and information. They failed to provide tthe agreed service. There was evidence of a lack of maintenance, e.g. water damage not re-decorated and failed light bulbs not replaced.
My main complaints are threefold. Firstly on arrival my room key was missing as was the spare. The room was unlocked with a master key to reveal that the bed and furniture had been disturbed and not ready for occupation. I was offered and accepted another room that was excellent. Secondly we had to have room service one evening because of a wedding reception in the dining room. We found this out by accident at breakfast. (The room service was excellent) Thirdly we arrived back on our last evening and went down to the bar to be told that the restaurant was not open that evening. No warning. We had to go out and find a restaurant.
We were given to understand that the ownership or management of the hotel has been changed recently. I'm afraid that they have a long way to go to satisfy reasonable expectations. I also understand that the hotel is no longer AA listed.
All these comments were conveyed to the duty staff on departure.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank KentishTraveller13
gan s, Owner at Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Spent 6 nights at this hotel. Reasonably comfortable, quiet with good parking. Nice bar. Food variable. Dining room in need of refurbishment. Overall reasonable value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
RUNNER019
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Thank you to all the staff who were so polite and made my grandaughters birthday an extra special treat. The food was excellent too!

We would recommend it to our friends as somewhere to eat although we have never stayed the night I am sure we would not be disappointed

Mr and Mrs Robson - Spalding

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 28 April 2008

Sometimes I stay at The Woodlands, and sometimes its sister hotel Cley Hall.

The Woodlands is certainly very comfortable, and the car park is pretty big.

Everywhere is very clean, and the public areas are great -including a lovely bar with a good choice of beers.

There are standard and premium rooms. The normal ones are good, and the premium rooms are as good as you'd get anywhere - really nice actually.

A good hearty breakfast is in offer, and the staff are very pleasant.

Food in the restaurant - Lunch and Dinner - is good. Bar meals are also available, and they even do Room Service.

• Liked — The premium rooms - very very comfortable. Flat-screen TVs.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Tavis09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spalding
Travelodge Spalding Hotel
Belton Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Belton
Travelodge Kings Lynn Long Sutton
The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House

Been to Woodlands Hotel? Share your experiences!