“Beautiful home!”
Review of The Ropewalk

The Ropewalk
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spalding
The Ropewalk
Ranked #4 of 15 Spalding B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I travel to Spalding for my friends wedding, and I was looking for a nice and quiet place to stay for a night. My friend recommended The Ropewalk so we said ok let's give it a try. As soon as we walk inside I felt like home, Jackie and Victor make us feel like we were part of the family, helping us to reach in time to the wedding.
The room was excellent, love the bed and pillows :)
And the breakfast was delicious, I m really picky wen comes to food, but not this time, it was perfect. Definitely will come here again.

Thank you for your hospitality Jackie & Victor!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lavinia323
There are newer reviews for The Ropewalk

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I travel and stay in different accomodation every week, always trying to support independent B&Bs, and this is now my favourite. Even if you're nowhere near, Spalding itself is so pretty, and definitely worth a visit. Jackie greeted me at my car, with a warm welcome and offer of coffee and cake in her comfortable kitchen. The house was very high standard, but also homely. The bed was the kind that makes you sigh when you lie on it! She provided a range of "whacky" teas (which is very unusual) to cater for my odd tastes! The shower was big enough to stretch out and enjoy. The breakfast was (very good and) around a beautifully laid table, so I was able to chat to other guests who were also highly appreciated, and clearly very fond of their host. Jackie says she wants to create for her guests the sort of place that she would like to stay in; she is quite justifiably proud of what she has acheived. I am definitely going to try to engineer my work so I have need to visit The Rope Walk again very soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I travel all over the country with my work and I have to say that Ropewalk is up there with the very best. Jackie is the perfect host and always makes you feel very much at home. All the rooms are immaculate, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on and the power showers are top quality! The breakfast is amongst the best I have had with a fabulous variety of choice including the most delicious fresh fruit salad. Ropewalk is also ideally situated and only a short walk into Spalding town centre. Fabulous all round, thank you Jackie for a memorable stay and I look forward to staying with you again when I am next in Spalding.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I found The Ropewalk a few years ago when I needed a B&B to stay while visiting relations in Spalding and I would not go anywhere else, unless Jackie is unable to accommodate us, and then only on her recommendation. Jackie has become a friend and every time I ring up Jackie remembers me immediately. As others have said every detail is catered for and nothing is too much trouble. Thank you Jackie, I look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a lovely experience it was to stay at The Ropewalk. Couldn't fault the service, room, breakfasts. Bed was a delight to climb into at night, with top quality snow white bedlinen. Hospitality tray with a choice of Coffee, Hot Chocolate and Tea, Biscuits and a chocolate with plenty of milk AND a small fridge in our room. So important for one's own fruit and juice.

Having come from a B&B previously which left a lot to be desired, it was with trepidation that we approached Spalding and our stay at The Ropewalk. We needn't have worried. It was top notch. I honestly believe that everyone intending to provide B&B to travellers should have a compulsory stay with Jackie in order to see how it should be done.

Jackie should be proud of the accommodation she provides. If you are staying in Spalding, don't go past The Ropewalk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Overall, The Ropewalk B&B is extremely nice. The proprietors, Jackie and Victor, were warm and easy-going, and made us feel at home right away - their service-mindedness is top-notch. In contrast to many places of accomodation in the UK, the house is very well built indeed, and keeps to a high standard. It is also tastily furnished, and both living room and dining area are very nicely decorated. Rooms come with fully modern bathrooms, which increases comfort immeasurably. Breakfast is excellent, the garden is nice, and there's really only good things to say about this place. We were very pleased with our stay, will happily use it again, and do not hesitate in recommending it.
- Young Norwegian couple, Oslo

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

my wife and i plus 2 other family members stayed here on 25 august.
we were made 2 to feel really welcome,the room we stayed in was the largest room up in what i would call a loft conversion, the bed was the most comfortable i had slept in for years and at breakfast we only ordered a small english but we still couldnt finish it off.
it is only a 5minit walk from the town centre and plenty of shops and eating places
thanks for a lovely stay 10/10

Room Tip: the large loft room it is huge
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple