“Misleading advertising” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ariane

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Ariane
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pontorson
Melbourne, Australia
“Misleading advertising”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

When we booked the hotel their website displayed a beautiful old facade of a French building. When we arrived this building had nothing to do with hotel ariane. Plus it has a railway line running along side it. On arrival to check-in we were met by a disgruntled member of staff, short tempered and very unhelpful. He apparently had to look after the bar and the reception area at the one time. Definitely not value for money here. Quite the opposite. Breakfast was not included and they charge well,over nearby cafe prices. Very expensive for second rate

Room Tip: Unless you like trains running outside your room or don't mind sleeping without any air
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Percy1955

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed for just a one night stop over. Pontorson is a very small town, not much going on. But the hotel was great , friendly staff clean comfortable rooms and great restaurant. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

2 minute walk from the train station. The rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained. The restaurant, if you can get a seating is amazing. We had an excellent value meal with delicious food, I highly recommend the knuckle of beef in cider. The #15 bus leaves from the station and is approximately 15 minutes from Mont saint Michel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank donnaes_12
Greenwood, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Location is perfect to visit both St. Malo and Mont st. Michel.When you stay there you should take
Half Board, the food is outstanding and velue is great. We where 9 people and everybody agreed
it was some of the best food that we had on our trip. Rooms are very quite and clean. Pascal the owner and his wife and daughter are running the hotel as a family and it shows.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Good location! Clean! Spacious! Newly renovated!
A very good base to go to Le Mont St Michel. Just few steps from Pontorson train station. 100m away from the main street of Pontorson.
The room are newly renovated. Super clean and good shower!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was traveling with two friends and we booked this hotel not liking the options right by Mont St. Michel. The location is about 10-15 minutes from Mont St. Michel and we had a car so this was fine with us. The hotel was clean and fine for the price. We had requested a roll-away for the third person and it was ready and waiting when we arrived. The room was smallish, but we were only there for one night. There are not a lot of food options close by, but we were there on a Monday night during off-season. I would recommend to someone for a night or two!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Heidi M
Malta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I had a very bad experience at Hotel Ariane. I contacted the hotel for the price of a room for one person on half board. Mr. Lendormy, the hotel owner, quoted me a price for the half board. It was clear in three different communications that the booking was just for ONE person. When I went to the hotel first they told me that half board was not possible, as the chef was away. Fine. Logically I asked for the new rate.

The price went up quoting a supplement for single etc.. not the price that was quoted in the email communication. They tried to s'enapprofiter. Mr. Lendormy, admited that he made a mistake but did not want to assume responsibility for his mistake. He wanted me to pay the price difference. His wife is even worse than him -she is a hysterical lady. She even had the courage to tell me "Je m'enfou de vous, arret de me gonfler" They made a mistake and they wanted me to pay the price of their mistake. As if you can treat customers this way. Mr. Lendormy had the courage to tell me that I am a bad client, I think deep down he knows who the bad person really was - the hotel for not wanting to assume responsibility for their mistake.

They even proposed to accomodate me, paying of course, in a room which is used by their service people. Avoid Hotel Ariane, Hotel de France and Hotel de Vaubon as the owners are the same couple. I only spent one night at the price that they qouted me and changed the next day for another much better hotel than the ones these couple offer. I lodged a complaint about this hotel with the tourist office in Pontorson, I was informed that it is not the first time that something like this happens at this hotel. Off course I can only write about my experience, which was a very horrible one.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Pearl B

Travellers are raving about these Pontorson hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontorson
BEST WESTERN Hotel Montgomery
#1 of 3 in Roz-sur-Couesnon
Hotel De La Tour Brette
Hotel De La Tour Brette
#4 of 4 in Pontorson

Been to Hotel Ariane? Share your experiences!