“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hospet
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

if visiting Hampi this is a good hotel to stay at. Very modern hotel with nice clean rooms. Breakfast was good and staff helpful. Not to difficult to get to the sites at Hampi. Nice bar at hotel and decent restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days to tour Hampi and Tungabadra dam. On day 1, inspite of saying we are vegetarians, the restraunt manager served chicken tikka and my wife realized it and we had to walk out of the place. The manager was un apologetic. Next day morning I didn't have the breakfast as a part of the stay. I filed a complaint at the register, but its been 6 months no one ever wanted to call back. Shows their concern for customers! Its also over-priced.
I saw the hotel was sparsely populated! Definitely will not recommend for Veggies.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kumaraguru M

Travellers are raving about these Hospet hotels

Syosset, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My travel agent booked me this place for my trip to Hampi. She did not give me very hight expectations and had explained me the limited choices they have in the area. I was picked up from the Hospet railway station and check in was smooth. Room was average. Shower was semi functional. Breakfast was a disaster.
The staff were nice people but without much training or organization. It was interesting to see them using old ledger books for record keeping these days.
I do not think we have much of choice in Hospet/Hampi area. It was relief that I did not spend much time in the hotel. Considering the weather it was a great blessing the air-conditioning worked
and they had efficient back to cover the frequent power outages.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ZachariahN
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a mid-class hotel offering good and clean rooms as well as a small swimming pool to relax. The hotel staff is friendly. From the hotel you can reach Hampi within 20min by car. The hotel has a parking garage and offers free Wifi, however, the breakfast is very basic. And the
gym is very old and dirty.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank eberhard475
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is an interesting place, a mix of mostly positives but a few negatives.
Walking in you are greeted with a 6 story lobby with luxurious furnishings and glass elevators. The staff are friendly and helpful. They also permit 24 hour check in, so travelers coming in on the night train from Bengaluru can check right in and freshen up before heading out to see Hampi.
The rooms are a bit spare but pleasant enough. The mattress is pretty cheap and the wi fi slow but you should not really come here expecting a high tech haven. The shower is interesting; they have a rain shower installation so there is obviously an intent to convey a luxury shower experience. Unfortunately, the moderately sulfur scented water (starts out that way and then gets better) sprays out in thin, aggressive spurts going every which way so not very pleasant; just stick with the overhead.
The major problem was the breakfast “buffet”. Again, the staff are very nice but it’s the meanest spread I have ever seen. A few dried out pieces of bread and a toaster, some butter/jam/honey, a very sad and sickly bowl of fruit, and a single dry cereal option are what greets you. Fortunately the staff will also make you an egg and then a variable second course. My last day there the second course was fried puff pastries(fluffier than a samosa but with no contents) and French fries. Certainly a unique breakfast.
Fortunately the dinner I had there my last night in Hospet more than made up for this…a fantastic platter of Tandoori vegetables, very tasty. I’ll write a separate review of their restaurant Fiesta since trip advisor does not have a very extensive list of restaurants in Hospet
All in all this is a reasonable place to stay if you don’t want to “rough it” in a Hampi guest house. It’s not far from the ruins and very close to the train station.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We had a holiday in Goa and booked a 3 day, 2 night trip to Hampi. We were advised to pay more to upgrade from the 3* that came with the package. We stopped outside the 3* and it did look a bit like an inner city block of flats, then we pulled up outside a very splendid hotel, in comparison. It was a lovely hotel, but it's really set up for business only. Our room was quite nice, but there was only 1 cup and saucer, 1 bath towel, one toothbrush set etc. The shower was one of these multipoint power showers. Unfortunately, it was so furred up water squirted everywhere but not onto the person in the shower! We seemed to be the only people in this large hotel.
We were told that we could go to the restaurant where they would be doing a payable "all you can eat buffet". There was an Indian family of 4 and our party of maybe 14-16. There was no ambiance whatsoever in the restaurant. The cutlery was only set out as people sat down, no glasses, etc. Only half the restaurant was open anyway. The swimming pool was between our hotel and an office block next door and a huge buliding site at the back overlooking it. There were no sunbeds and the tables and chairs were all stacked up at the back. It only opened from 10-5 with a 2 hour closure at lunchtime for cleaning. Breakfast the next day was bedlam. First of all they didn't do any early morning call and we had to be up at 5.30. They ran out of everything imaginable. There were only maybe 10 people in front of me, but I had to have a plastic cup and no saucer to have my tea. Even the toaster only toasted the top of the toast. They forgot to turn the underside on.
The next night we went to where the 3* was and found a large a la carte restaurant set in gardens next to the hotel.
If ever you are asked if you want to upgrade to a 4* in Hospit, say no, unless you're a business man on a conference!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. It was an Indian version Fawlty Towers.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed here for one night after overnight travel from Bangalore, and used it as a base to visit Hampi. When I arrived at 6am my booking was not listed, but as soon as I showed my booking confirmation I was checked in to my room. Was very nice to be able to check in so early, I wasn't expecting it, they have a 24 hours policy, so you need to check out the same time. I asked to checkout at 8am and there was no problem.
The room is clean although not spotless, and the towels were a bit old but clean. The wifi was decent, and the lobby is very nice.
There was a problem with the shower drain in my room, and it was solved quite quickly, although I had to call the cleaners twice to cleanup the mess the handyman left behind.
The restaurant is ok but pretty empty, still better then Hospet which I didn't find too charming.
Room service was nice.
I needed advice from the reception, and they were very helpful and even booked a riksho for me.

Overall, pretty decent.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hadasinu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
#1 of 6 in Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
#1 of 9 in Bellary

Been to Hotel Krishna Palace? Share your experiences!