“Disappointing”

Hotel Krishna Palace
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hospet
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were booked into the Krishna Palace by our tour operator for our visit to Hampi. This is a lovely hotel which lets itself down badly in service and food. None of the rooms occupied by our group were cleaned when we visited Hampi, We asked, before we we went out to eat, for toilet rolls and water and had to go to reception when we came back before we got them. Breakfast was mediocre and the packed breakfast was the worst I have seen. Initial enthusiasm for the hotel was soon dampened.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HesterDundee_Angus

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were a group of 7 friends on road trip, had planned two days at hospet... checkin process was smooth and got 25% discount.. rooms were clean but shower wasn't maintained well.. biggest disaster was at the dining.. got lassi and curd rice made of ROTTEN curd!.. none of the dishes were good.. service was horrible even with only few tables occupied.. customers at two other tables were visibly disturbed with the food and service... however, my friends at the bar had a OK experience.. we checked out after the first night stay.... and figured out the feedback book was filled with similar comments
Price: Print INR 4000+19.4% tax after discount INR 3000 + 19.4% tax per night per room

For the second night we checked into Royal Orchid and had a good experience, surprisingly we saved a few INR!.. it was 3200 INR all inclusive per night per room

Room Tip: Dont stay at Krishna Palace.. check with Royal Orchid, same price range or Hyatt Place
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during a trip to Hampi.
Having travelled on the train for a long time from Margao I was pleased to turn up to the hotel.
The room wasn't ready when we arrived so had to wait 15mins before being given the master card key as previous occupier had supposedly taken the key!
The rooms are excellent and the bathroom and shower one of the best in India!
Had tea/coffee facility again welcomed extra to the norm.
The bar was quite good although a little dark for my liking.
Now for the downside - the restaurant is a huge let down for this hotel! We went in and waited for one of the 6 waiters to eventually come over and offer the menu and I had to ask 3 times for the drinks menu so I would know what the costs were before ordering as Karnataka is more expensive than Goa.
We ordered Cream of Mushroom Soup and a Prawn Cocktail to start - soup was like dishwater and the prawn cocktail was warm and sent back - too risky to eat!
Main course was Penne Arriabata and Spag Bolognaise and garlic nan - arriabata was full of chillis making it almost impossible to eat, the spag bol was terrible but the garlic nan was great!
Needless to say we didn't venture to the restaurant on the second night!
Second night we ordered from the bar - same menu but seemed better - we shared the meal and had mixed veg pakoras to start and they we great and then mixed kebab for main meal - this was a bit of a let down as the chicken didn't seem to be cooked thoroughly so was left.
Breakfasts were not really good either - warm melon juice (yuk!), sweet bread for toast that needed to have gone through 3 times for any colouring, one choice of jam, tea and coffee was self service but needed extra cups until you knew which was which!
Chaps on reception weren't too helpful when it came to WIFI giving me the code wrong twice so I gave up especially after the first one told me I hadn't listened yet he wrote the code down!!!
All in all this is a great quality hotel for room and bar but terrible for food!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Had an awesome experience here.. The lobby was attractive.. Rooms were clean.. neat beds and blankets.. Had coffee maker ,safe and toiletries.. Had buffet in the restaurant.. Food was above normal.. Had a lift problem.. Immediately fixed by the workers.. v.close to railway station. Overall, a nice experience and would definitely recommend to all...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kalaks
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I had randomly booked the hotel without any payment so was little skeptical about the hotel.i had difficulty on my road journey and was tired by the time I reached. On the way I made a call and informed the reception that I would be late.As I reached the destination I was so happy to see the ambience that all my tiredness ran away.i was guided to the room and it was equipped with anything and everything required.The rooms were clean and so was the bathrooms. The staff were polite and gave very goodservice .the restaurant staff needs a little push but overall good.Had a wonderful stay and enjoyed there. My next visit to hampi I would love to come back here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank niajoja
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I spent two nights there.
The first impression in the lobby is very good.
The rooms are ok, the bathroom tight certainly for two, fortunately I was alone.
The restaurant is unappealing, the breakfast is just poor.
The pool is not more engaging.
To choose when other places are full.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bartolomeus45
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel, apart from the reviews on here was also recommended by someone who stays there frequently, so I made a pre-booking online but was still hesitant about what I would find in a 3 star hotel in a small city. Was pleasantly surprised on reaching there. Right from the check in which was at jet speed to the room condition. The room and washroom was very clean with all facilities that you would find in the 3 star hotel of bigger cities. The room was equipped with a TV, fridge, writing desk, safe and reading and soft lights. Also had a view and that was a bonus! Washroom was clean and came with a hair dryer, shampoo, dental kit etal.. Also had a coffee pot and supply of mineral water bottles.
The kitchen and room service staff is a little slow but if you call the reception they take care of it promptly. Food was good and the restaurant ambience was also nice.
The only thing I had some discomfort with was the AC temp...didn't seem to be a way to moderate it...
All in all, a place I would definitely go back to.
Tip: Get a pre booking on Ezeego...they offer you a much better rate than you would get in spot booking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rashida K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
19 mi away
Hotel Rock Regency
Hotel Rock Regency
#2 of 9 in Bellary

Been to Hotel Krishna Palace? Share your experiences!