Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
US$53
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal orchidswimming poolbuffet dinnerbuffet spreadmain buildinga la cartecoffee shoprailway stationplace to stayvalue for moneyearly checkluxury hotelcomfortable roomslong weekenddeluxe roomnice poolhampi ruins
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Being a good brand decided to go for a 3 day vacation. First off all it is not in any great location and simply is not worth the premium. As soon as we reach the hotel after a 7hr drive from Bangalore I looked for a valet parking and I was told that the person has gone for lunch so I only have to park it myself. Then comes the delay in checking us in. After all of this the rooms looked reasonably good. When we ordered for room service it just needed 5 reminders and roughly 2 hours to get a simple jeera rice n dal. They have a dinner buffet and if you dont take it you will have to wait forever. Even the breakfast buffet had many items literally cold. To top it all the restaurant staff seemed like they have never heard the word courtesy. This place is just running with a hype. And we were not the only couple, in the restaurant we noticed at least one4 arguments between guests n hotel staff. Really wont recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank balc11
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet !!!

Thank you for taking some time out of your schedule to identify the shortcomings. please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience.

We will certainly work on the area of improvement and your valuable feedback and we sincerely request another opportunity to serve you.

Warm Regards
Sanjay
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2013

After reading the reviews here , I think I was overcharged . When I reached the hotel at 3pm they made me wait for an hour inspite of booking the room 2 days in davance. The Manager Mahadev had no clue which room was suppose to be given to us. After checking us in they gave us a really made room , which hadnt been maintained at all . The furniture was broken and had scratches all of them . The bathroom fittings were missing.

After complaining , the manager said by night time they will give me another room and he gave me the room number as well. After returning from sight seeing , when I was given the key to the room , there was someone else sleeping in the room which was very embarrasing.

The Manager had not communicated anything to the staff about allocating us another room .The management and process was very poor. Maintenance of the rooms was very bad . The staff was confused at all times .The rooms looked like they werent dusted in some months.
Hot water doesnt come thorugh at all times.

I would advise to look for another hotel instead of booking into this one.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SonikaAggarwal
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet !!!

We would like to thank you for your review. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay in our hotel. We are taking corrective measures towards your feedback.

We would be obliged if you will give us an opportunity to serve you again and witness the difference that your constructive feedback has made to us.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel seems to get good reviews, but I had a terrible experience and would never stay in a Royal Orchid property. This property clearly does not deserve a 5 star tag.

During our 4 day stay, we got hot water in the shower only once (being December the water was really cold in the mornings). When we complained to front office on first day there was no action taken. When we complained on second day, the front office manager told that we need to adjust (phew!) since they have a major technical problem. On second day evening when we complained again and asked to be moved to a different room, the staff tried to move us to an inferior room (there was no transparency here) and we moved right back to original room. Only on third day, we were given a different room and we got hot water that evening. On the day of check out, again there was no hot water even in the second room. The staff seem to think that hot water is a luxury and they don't seem to like customers complaining about it and they are extremely unhelpful and unapologetic about it (not once did they apologize for the inconvenience). This seems to be a perennial problem in the hotel since the staff seem to be used to this problem.

Staff at front office are unprofessional, rude and extremely unhelpful. The property is nice, but very badly managed with professional staff. Service in restaurant is slow and lethargic. The staff don't seem motivated and I did not see even one member of staff ever smiling.

The service and the stay at this hotel was similar to what one gets in a cheap motel.

Room Tip: Ensure hot water is available in the bathroom before checking in (if you really want to stay in this hotel)!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Chandra,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet !!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through tripadvisor.

Please accept our apology for the negative experience you had at our hotel during your recent visit. We do agree that due to some technical problem in our boiler the hot water supply in the room was affected, which was rectified later on.

Your other valuable feedback has been addressed with concerned team members and we have taken the same on top priority for the definite improvement.

We sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We gave the Royal Orchid brand a second chance (Which most travellers don't) after a sub-standard experience at Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden Mysore.

The experience at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti is terrible. The hotel is clean and spacious however that is the bare-minimum standard that every hotel can provide these days. We recommend that if you are visiting Hampi - you are better off staying elsewhere for the same price.

On Day 1: When we reached there, as per standard practice, we expected valet parking. The security guard dismissed us saying that "the driver has gone off for lunch so you have to find a spot yourself and park your car". Then, when I walked up to the reception and asked the hostess to pull up my booking, she asked me to wait in the other corner of the lobby. After 20 mins of wait, the hostess walked up to us. Even though the booking was entirely done by me, the she refused to acknowledge my presence and only kept addressing my husband as if I was invisible. She asked him for proof of identification even though the booking was in my name. My husband pointed out that "look, my wife here has done the booking"; in spite of that she pretended that I was not even there. When I gave her my pan card identification, she stupidly returned it to my husband when I was present right there. Such a pathetic gender bias exhibited by a woman to another in this era was offensive and highly infuriating.

When we were escorted to our room, the hostess again addressed my husband "sir, please see how this works." "sir, this is how the room temperature can be adjusted", "sir, this is the number to dial for reception", etc.

The Royal Orchid mission boasts about excellence in service - the following should give you an idea of how long it takes to provide simple room service. 2 cups of coffee: 50 minutes; dinner for two: 1.5 hours; drinking water: 2 hrs. We had to call up the house-keeping/room service at least times to follow-up on our dinner order. After such a long wait, we were presented with the most terribly quality food - rice partially cooked; pasta with no salt -- looked like a 2 yr old could have done a better job making it. The last follow-up phone call for drinking water was made at 11:00 PM only to be told that the "people at the reception had failed to inform the people in housekeeping about the drinking water request". Such miserable people coordination.

On day 2, we had breakfast in the hotel only to wake up to the most terrible breakfast. Idlis were cold and stale. The hotel staff were mindlessly wandering around and chatting/flirting amongst each other with no attention being paid to the guests at the table. Every time we needed water refilled, we had to literally call out to the staff to get their attention. They would come and fill one glass and not the other before eagerly wandering away to the chatter/gossip.

During dinner time, we were literally warned by the hotel staff that it is better to order the "more expensive" buffet than order a la carte. For even something as basic as jeera rice would be upwards of 20 mins. We were stunned to also hear other guests shouting at waiters that they were taking so long to serve them - at one table, they had to wait for "50 mins to get a plate of french fries".

Despite a poor experience at Royal Orchid Brindavan, we decided to give the brand a second chance only to be terribly disappointed again. We will never recommend this brand to anyone again. Whatever maybe the grandiose mission of your brand, Mr. Chander Baljee, it will all come crashing down one day as the ground-reality of the experience and the lack of care and attention towards customers (esp. treating women with such disrespect) is appalling.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RupaBala

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet !!!

We appreciate you taking some time off your schedule to identify the shortcomings. We note with regret the negative experience you had with our front desk staff and during your meal hours, please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience.

We will certainly work on the area of improvement and your valuable feedback has been addressed with concerned department managers and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Pros -

* Value for money at Rs 4500 per night for double room.
* This hotel is perfect base in hospet area to explore stunning Hampi ruins ( approx 30 mins drive )
* Rooms are decently decorated & hotel atruim / lobby oozes out a 4 star / 5 star type of feel .
* Swimming pool is nice and clean but not heated.

Cons -

* Housekeeping is not doing job properly and room had spider webs behind the curtain area and dirt here and there . ( Housekeeping did clean it later on but they don't do it on their own ) . Tea bags were laid on the desk which also had dirt.

Average -

* Food quality is just OK. Nothing bad . Nothing exceptional either. You can manage.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

We appreciate you taking some time off your schedule to identify the shortcomings of our hotel and we would like to express our sincerest apologies for the same.

Please be assured that all your comments have been duly noted and brought to the attention of concerning departments for review.

Once again, thank you for your review. We will look forward to host you again in future and assure you of the best of hospitality at all times.