“Room is clean”

Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hospet
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to railway station and walkable distance from there. The room is clean but service is very slow and unreliable. Food is not good as well. It will be better hotel if these improves.
Room cleaning had not finished when we arrived at 16:00. We need to remind them to clean room three times and took 1hour for them to send someone.
Food also need to be improved.
All operation is not digital. WiFi number is manually allocated by paper work.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

Please accept the apologies from me and my team for not being able to deliver the services as per our standard.
We have taken note of all the issues put forward by you and have brought them to the notice of the concerned departmental heads. I can assure you that the same is being looked into.

Guest feedback and suggestions help us to better our services and provide exceptional guest experiences. We do hope that you will choose to visit Royal Orchid Central Kireeti in the near future to see the improvements brought about by your constructive feedback.

Look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you and your guest at our hotel.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed in Royal Orchid from Dec 25th to Dec 28th with my Family. I had gone there with two other friend and their family. The Rooms are spacious and clean. It has an outdoor Swimming pool.

The hotel Travel desk provided us with cars for local site seeing. I was pleasantly surprised to see the quality of car provided on short Notice.

Only thing i had an issue with the service at breakfast and dinner. They are very short staffed and unable to cope with the crowd. It took them a long time to replenish food on buffet counters. Quality of food was average.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is with great concern that we have noted the issues put forward by you in your review. It seems that we were unable to deliver our usual high standards of service, and please accept the apologies from me and my team for the same.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

the rooms well maintained and clean, stayed few times in last 1year and staff are really help ful. from hotel without touching city route avail to reach Great Hampi. Hampi must visit place during hospet . well maintained swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajan_ptt

Dear Mr. Rajan

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write such a review following your recent stay with us- I am sure it will be of immense help to other travellers panning their trips to Hospet in the near future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. USED ROYAL ORCHID GOLD MEMBERSHIP. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST STAYS WE HAD. FOOD, SERVICE AND AMBIENCE ARE EXCELLENT... LOVELY HOTEL. There is a direct road to Hampi from hotel. Kind of ring road avoiding the city. Use this road for good road drive to hampi.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sreenath Reddy K
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet !!!

Thank you very much for patronizing Royal Orchid Central Kireeti during your recent visit to Humpi and also for sparing time to share your valuable comments on Tripadvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure for all of us to have you with us .

Reviewed 26 December 2013

First things first - the Royal Orchid hotel has great rooms at a good price, and the location is very easy accessible if you are looking to visit Hampi. Their F&B staff shines (despite being short handed) and the food is very decent in price and taste. But running a hotel is not just about swiping a customer's credit card for the rooms and food.

My 71 year old mother and I were staying at the hotel on 24th and 25th of December, having booked two separate rooms. Yesterday, she fell in her bathroom there - the floor is very slippery due to the very smooth surface and there is no door between the shower cubicle and the main area so despite the curtain, some water splashes out. So she stepped on the slippery surface and slipped, and sustained a fracture on her left arm.

I went downstairs and asked the reception if there was a hospital around. The staff said there was a hospital there called Shripathi down the street and I should go there. When I went there, there was no doctor and a power outage, the hospital swamped in darkness. So I decided to check out - this was around 5.30 pm yesterday.

They not only charged us for the next day for both the rooms, but had the nerve to ask us whether we had a good time at the hotel. Atrocious. And I know for a fact that the rooms did not go unbooked after we left, because at the same time, a walk-in customer asked if there were two rooms available. I did not want to create a scene because my mother was in pain after fracturing her arm, and I needed to leave asap because I had to drive back for the next seven hours to Bangalore, and I wanted to cross the bad stretch of Hospet-Chitradurga road before it became too dark and the trucks came out on the road. We reached the Columbia Asia hospital in Bangalore past midnight, where doctors confirmed the injury as a fracture and treated her accordingly.

I am extremely unhappy with Royal Orchid because:

a) 135 rooms and no doctor on call? What does the hotel do in case of a medical emergency? They obviously had no clue on how to go about it because they referred me to a dubious hospital with no doctors and no power.

b) I checked out because there was a medical emergency caused by their slippery bathroom floor, which is clearly an oversight on their part.

c) I have no issues paying for half a day extra, but to charge full day for both the rooms? Even budget airlines land the aircraft at the nearest airport in case of a medical emergency regardless of the huge fuel cost. I would have preferred to stay back instead of driving back in dangerous night time traffic had the hotel been considerate enough to help us find adequate medical care so that we could leave the following morning.

I will never stay at any Royal Orchid property again, and my mother will let other people know in her expat community about her experience so that they avoid that hotel and others in its chain.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank RahulChakravarty

Dear Mr. Chakravarty,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. I am most concerned to learn your displeasure towards your recent stay with us. I have noted your comments regarding improper handling of your issues at the front desk.
We do have Doctors on call, but as your concern was related to cramp / a fracture , when we were notified hence we could not address it to our In house Doctor Mr Paduranga who has Medicines background.
It was really improper to ask your satisfaction at the time of check out and we will put our best effort to train the staff in handling such situation.
Guest feedback is very important for us for continuous improvement we assure you that you will find much trained team members during your next visit.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback .

Looking forward to have another chance to serve you and your family.

Sanjay

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The staff is very friendly, the rooms clean and in order. I was there for work for 2 weeks and I have not had the slightest problem. Even in the restaurant high availability. I am rather difficult for the food but they helped me to choose and also changed the dishes according to my taste.
The area a bit 'noisy (trains and car horns), but not the hotel's fault, the Gimnasium a bit' skinny.
I will be in Hospet for business within 2 months and surely I will be there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PaoloVallebona
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback..

It was a great privilege for team Royal Orchid Central Kireeti to have you at our hotel.
We are happy to learn that you liked our hotel .

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback . We had some issue with the Trade mill, the same has been rectified and I am sure you will have no issue with the Gym next time whenever you will use our hotel.

Looking forward to have another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 days on our Trip to Hampi. The place is clean and well maintained and the staff is very courteous. They take extra steps to feel you comfortable.
We did enjoy the swimming pool and other amenities during our stay. Just wonder why they close it by 7pm, given Hampi is a hot place and people may want to enjoy the pool a little longer in the night.

Definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: The room which gives view of both Pool in the front and the field in the rear.