“Good Property, Excellent Restaurant”

Royal Orchid Central Kireeti
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hospet
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had earlier stayed at this property in February during my trip to Hampi and again for a night while returning from my trip to South India. A good property, though this time to save costs they had clsed down their main building to save on AC costs and were giving accomodation in their cottages type accomodation a litle away from main building. Though not an issue but this thing should be mentioned on their website while booking rooms as we could not get a king bed in their cottage acco. Sleeping with a 5 yr old on twin beds is certainly diffcult.
Restaurant as usual is excellent and serves out good tasteful dishes. we were extremely satisfied with both dinner and breakfast. Service was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AmitDave
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Royal Orchid Central Kireeti.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Your words of appreciation for our hotel will be a great help for other travellers to choose our hotel..

As observed by you our Hotel has two parts, the Main building was under AC preventive maintenance hence it was kept switched off for a month.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Orchid Central Kireeti.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I, decided to take a 4 day break to go to Hampi with our mothers. After alot of research and thinking we decided to go with Royal Orchid Kireeti in Hospet. We were travelling with 2 senior citizens and hence required a place where service would be really good and ofcourse the pricing had to be affordable and attractive! The first good thing we noticed when we reached Royal Orchid Kireeti in Hospet was the warmth, personal touch and fantastic hospitality right from the General Manager Mr. Sanjay Jha to the lady at the reception Himadri who took care of my mother-in-law when she was feeling unwell while we were out of the hotel, and not to forget Ayush, the waiter at the restaurant, who provided proactive & outstanding service! However, the same cannot be said about the F&B Manager, most of the waiters and employees at the reception. Our door key used to not work 90% of the time, and inspite of informing the reception multiple times, they chose to change the card vs looking to see if the lock itself required a change. We had to walk multiple times to the reception (which was quite a long walk) to get the issue resolved. Intercoms on the pathway at some points would save the trouble of walking multiple times when you cannot enter your room. On the last day, of our stay inspite of informing multiple times about sending someone to take our luggage from the room to the car, they did not act accordingly. Finally they sent someone after 3 phone calls made by me to the reception and that man came without a cart! We were getting late thanks to the hotel's reception employees - my husband was at the reception settling the bill hence I had to just pick up 2 suitcases and walk to the car with 2 other bags. This was quite a nasty way to end a relaxing holiday. The people at the reception, saw me doing that but never bothered to come and help. So, I guess that's their definition of providing excellent service! In the rooms, the floor mats are quite dirty and are not changed, the base bed mattress also looked dirty. Coming to our eating experience - One would expect top notch experience in a star hotel like Orchid...but...owing to the off season and managing Operational Costs at a minimal level, they decided not to switch on the AC in the dining area...atleast that's what we were told by one of the waiters!! As a result, there were flies on our food. Interestingly, the GM one morning noticed the same, while having breakfast with us, but guess what, nothing was done about it as we noticed flies next day at lunch too! We had ordered some club sandwhich for lunch one day and it tasted good..typically any club sandwhich wherever we've eaten, has been served with 4 triangles of the same. But guess what, the next day we got 2 pieces of club sandwhich when we ordered the same thing and inspite of giving feedback, we got the same 2 pieces the following day too!! This was a classical case of "not being able to work on the feedback"...The feedback was given to no lesser than the F & B Manager and the second in command chef. But I guess they never bothered to action the same. One day in the afternoon we ordered some cut mango, and the waiter got slices of mango without removing the skin. I guess the waiters there except for one or 2 do not have the ability to comprehend what the customer is asking for. Overall, the interaction with the employees at the reception, and the service given by the F & B Manager and his team has been very disappointing. One would expect a manager to be proactive and efficient enough to handle customer issues effectively. It was just the opposite. I was getting more and more upset as this guy was speaking asif he had no clue how to manage the situation. Rest, of the stay was nice and so was the pool and the historical treasure at Hampi.

Room Tip: Room 607 was spacious and had a good view and a balcony. It was interconnected to 2 other rooms. Hen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CPaulose04
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thank you for taking time to write this review. It is with great concern that we have noted the issues put forward by you in your review. .

We have taken note of all the issues put forward by you and have brought them to the notice of the concerned departmental heads. I can assure you that the same is being looked into.

Looking forward to have another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We planned for a weekend getaway from b`lore. and well.. this was our choice ! Surprisingly; considering its location, this is a very good hotel. Very close to Hampi and that's what we wanted. The rooms are small but very clean and well appointed. We had our room right in front of the pool. Pool is great, clean and probably the only highlight at this hotel apart from the rooms. Our lunch, on the day of our arrival was a bit disappointing. The breakfast though was excellent. We did order some food in the evening, which was much tasty !

I had some issues with their service. Some speak the local language(Kannada) which is good but some couldn't understand me in either English nor Kannada ! I feel people at the reception need bit more training on how to handle customer service issues. I requested them to keep the pool open for an additional hr or so, but they politely refused me citing that it isn`t their policy to accept such requests from just "one" customer. I did find that a bit odd.

Their spa services are very good, economical and extremely clean ! I was happy to get very firm Balinese massage !

I must thank Himadri for a wonderful and courteous reception !!

Room Tip: 510 is right in front of the pool, if thats what you like, else the upper decker ones are good as we...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pranav P
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Mr. Pranav,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti!!

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor. Your encouraging word for the hotel is indeed a pleasure for us at the same time I am most concerned to learn your displeasure towards our hotel Reservations and food and beverage service team.

Our pool is opened everyday till 08 pm and to maintain it's cleanliness we need to follow it's cleaning schedule wherein we need to have the balanced chlorine treatment done at least 09 hours before the back - wash, however we never have any issue in extending the time of the closing the pool by another an hour.

We have taken note of all the issues put forward by you . I can assure you that the same is being looked into.

Guest feedback and suggestions help us to better our services and provide exceptional guest experiences. We do hope that you will choose to visit Royal Orchid Central Kireeti in the near future to see the improvements brought about by your constructive feedback.

Look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you and your guest at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were here on a weekend get away to Hampi. This property has a superb deal for weekend stays. Walking distance from the hospet railway station. Easy availability if buses and autorickshaws to go to hampi. The property has a nice swimming pool. A lot of people of international origin were seen too. The food and drinks were decently priced. The room was great too. Overall an amazing choice to stay in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luckyshankar
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Orchid Central Kireeti soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

To begin with, the place has a good breakfast spread...I should say that it could well be the finest in the class. Huge and tidy rooms with excellent beds. The pool was clean enough. Everything was just fine, hardly any complaints. Serves good food, the staff and service is excellent. Just 2 min walk from the Hospet train station and only 15-min drive to Hampi. Great for families.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

we travelled with family, first time stay in royal orchid, this is the best hotel situated in Hospet, as the rooms are spacious, though the room service was delayed, the breakfast was well planned and a nice place for getting away to the sightseeing- Hampi, and we could make two trips back to Hampi the same day due to the Hotel Location. Can Stay Here!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karna B
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti – Hospet!!!

I have taken your feedback for the food very seriously and assure you that such mistake will not be repeated again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed there on my trip to JSW. The location is quite good. Well equipped and clean rooms,the pool was right in front for me and good. The room service was quite average and delayed. Offered a decent Indian as well as continental breakfast. I expected free-Wifi though which was absent.

Room Tip: The rooms at back side have pool right in front and I guess better sleep !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ROC-Kireeti, General Manager at Royal Orchid Central Kireeti, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Central Kireeti !!

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are very happy to read that you liked our hotel .

We highly appreciate your feedback and I will definitely look into that.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to at Royal orchid central kireeti.

Sanjay Jha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Heritage Resort Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
#1 of 9 in Bellary
Hotel Malligi
Hotel Malligi
#1 of 8 in Hospet
6 mi away
Shivavilas Palace, HAMPI (An ITC WelcomHeritage Hotel)
Clarks Inn Hampi
Clarks Inn Hampi
#1 of 6 in Hampi
Hotel Rock Regency
Hotel Rock Regency
#2 of 9 in Bellary

Been to Royal Orchid Central Kireeti? Share your experiences!