“Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hospet B&B and Inns
Dehradun, India
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

First thing first. I had booked in advance, 2 premium rooms for one night. However, when I did reach there, the said only classic rooms were available, So that's negative one for the hotel.

The reason I picked this hotel was that it had proper parking space for my car. The hotel is big and clean. The staff is courteous, the check out time is 24 hours so you dont have to rush in the morning.

The food is good and not expensive. Clean washrooms and hot shower is available.

The only thing that I didn't liked was that there were two smaller beds combined to make one king size bed (in both the rooms we occupied). Even the blankets were for single bed and not for larger bed. So, in case you want a king size bed, you should confirm before hand.

Room Tip: It is 13 kms away from Hampi sites, so if you are taking public transport, make sure you have some c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PradWestside

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Leersum, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

There is nothing wrong with the facilities at this hotel. The rooms are nice and clean, the shower is warm and the garden and terrace are nice. But there is no working wifi service, and the staff appears very clumsy and service is chaotic. Be prepared to wait quite long for your meal and ask several times because there is a big chance they will forget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AstonMartine
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We five friends went for Hampi trip and stayed in Hampi International for one night. The hotel is located very near to Hospet railaway station and Vijaynagara Bus terminal. The rooms are big with good air conditioning. The room service is very prompt. They have a very beautiful restaurant at the backside with large screen plating cricket match that day. One must try Chicken Khimchi and Chicken Peshwari there. Chinese food is also good there. However on that very night the continental foods were not available. But overall it is a really nice hotel within affordable price.
Regads,
Tanmay Ray

Room Tip: Go for premium rooms. If you have one extra person also, they will charge very minimal.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hampi and Badami are two important tourist places in Karnataka, though these two places are not so renowned. As we stay in Kolkata, we are far distance away from Hampi and Badami. For many days, we had desire to visit these places. Badami had Govt. tourist lodge and other hotels, but, Hampi is a ruined city and the main town nearby is Hospet. There is also a tourist lodge in Hampi, but it is in a very lonely place, and it is not convenient for those persons who do not have cars like us.
We stayed here for one day. We went on tour to Hampi, Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal from Hyderabad. We came here from Badami, stayed here for one night for sight-seeing in Hampi and T B Dam and again left for Hyderabad.
For tourists travelling by rail, the position of the hotel is extremely good. It is stone-throwing distance away from Railway Station. There are regular good bus services linking Hospet and other important places in and around Karnataka.
We booked the hotel room online through Cleartrip.com. After we checked in, no one was there to carry our luggage. We didn't mind. When we enquired about the conducted tour of Hampi, desk Managers casually informed that all the seats in next day KSTDC conducted tour were booked and we would have to book a car (rent would be around Rs.1600 for an AC car) if we would wish to go on sight-seeing to Hampi. However, we were not satisfied with their version, asked how we would contact KSTDC (Karnataka State Tourism Development Corp). We got answer that the KSTDC counter was 3-4 minutes walking distance away and it would open at 8 AM next day. But the desk manager in the morning was really helpful and cooperative.
We reached here in the afternoon, after strolling a few minutes in Tungabhadra Dam. That day, the sky was somehow cloudy and we were not lucky to enjoy the renowned sunset at T B Dam.
At night, we took dinner at this hotel. Food was really good and sumptuous. We took Chicken do-piyaja with Nan and Kulcha and enjoyed the food. Previously, we ordered tea and onion pakora in the evening and those were really good in quality as well as quantity.
Next day, at about 7.30 AM, we went to KSTDC office (which was nearby), and found a lady, who was really helpful, confirmed our seats and informed us that the KSTDC personnel would pick us up from our hotel. We always give first preference to local government agencies, as they will not cheat anyway and show all the necessary points, what are on their chart. The lady also intimated that there would be a local guide in Hampi and we could give him some money for his guidance.
At about 20 minutes to 10 AM, the bus came to the hotel to pick us up. Though the day is warm, we enjoyed the conducted tour.
The main attraction of Hampi is a superbly crafted stone chariot in Vijaya Vittala temple. Other than that, the other attractions were Virupaksha Temple, two Ganesh images, Lakshi Narasimha, Badavilinga, Pushkarni, Queen's Palace with Lotus Mahal, Hazara Rama Temple and others.
At the end of the tour was sunset in T B Dam. But our scheduled departure time of the train was 19.00 hrs. So we did not take risk to go to T B Dam. Hampi is 12 kms from Hospet and T B Dam is 7 kms away. We enjoyed sunset from the hotel.
We stayed in room no.203. The right pane of the window was broken. Room was excellent and airy. Bed and linens are very comfortable. Bathroom was modern. We also enjoyed India's breath-taking victory against Australia and Virat Kohli's hair-raising century off 52 balls on the room TV.
One more story. As we would have to catch the train at 19.00 hrs, we had no arrangement of food for evening and dinner. After reaching station, I made a sitting arrangement for my wife(waiting hall was closed) and went on to search some food for dinner. I found only one shop, just outside the Hospet Railway station. There were large pieces of cakes with different variety in the show-case. As my wife likes Chocolate cake, I asked its price. It was Rs.40 per 250 grams. I bought without knowing its quality, may be, later, we would have to throw it through the window. I was collecting foods for evening snacks and dinner. Then I found 15-20 patties beside cakes. I asked whether the patties were veg or non-veg. The conversation was going with my excellent poor hindi with their superb hindi. I got answer that the patty was of egg and the price was Rs.12 each. They also informed that I might take one and if I would like, I would take more. I thought that it would be wise not to buy egg patties. However, I don't know how I ordered two egg patties, though they were forcing to buy 4 patties. It came to my mind that all those patties were kept there without selling any piece in the whole day and it should be waste of my money. However I could not take back my order. In the adjacent room, a vendor was selling purees. I asked him whether he would provide any sabji with the purees and how much the price was. The price was Rs.15 for 4 purees and aloo(potato) sabji(curry). I ordered 8 purees. I came back with making rehearsals what I would have to say when my wife would find the cake and other food non-edible. I was praying to Lady Luck that one item should be edible and the trip would not end on fasting. I handed over the packets of cake, patties and the purees to my wife.
The train came about 15 minutes late. After the train started, I asked my wife whether she would like to have some patty or cake. She prefered both. She took a piece of cake and uttered, 'bah'. I was surprized. I was at once very gladto know that at least, the cake in dinner would fill some good portion of our appetite, if the other food would go wrong. I was ready to hear that I was worthless and hence I bought the cake in an unknown small town. Then I asked her whether she would try patty. I gave her one patty keeping the window beside her open. I was not looking at her face, but I heard something like 'darun'(excellent). Was I hearing wrong? No, she again murmured the word. I was in heaven. She asked me why I did not bring more. I answered that I didn't know that the patty would be so good. I thought what a day it was. In the night we also found the purees very good. As in the train journey, we always like light food, the purees were enough for us. All ends well that ends well.
We came back to Hyderabad with a very good memory of the tour.

Room Tip: Hampi is very warm, even in October. Better to go between end-November and end-February. Try to get...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anjanghosh
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

the location and cleanliness is good. but the staff here seem to be very laid back in their service and they seem to ignore you if you don't speak English. we ordered ice creams at 9.45 and we had to wait for about 15 min to call them again to know that the ones which v ordered was not there. they took another order saying it was available. v had to wait for another 15 min to again know that the order was not available. we were exhausted by then. this is just one of the many things which v have experienced.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in aug 2013..i found the place very convieniently located near the station..( was reaching by train at odd hours so opted for this hotel)..the food is ok,..clean rooms..But i was advised by the desk to book directly next time,as they will offer better discount!!..this goes against the internet booking,but i found their normal rates also cheaper than what i paid for..so slightly disappointed with internet booking rates( they should be lower than the actual rates)...hotel is value for money.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Hampi International is located 12 km from Hampi in Hospet. As it's 1-minute walking distance from the railway station and 4-5 minutes walking distance from few good eateries, its location is quite convenient.

They have 45 spacious, clean rooms with good quality linen and views of paddy fields and railway station road.

The breakfast spread and lunch or dinner options are limited, service is slow and waiters inexperienced. Go to the dining room early in the breakfast/meal timings given, order early and follow up with the waiters. The food is nothing to praise but is edible.

Recommended for price, which is not high like the Orchid Kirti next door and the location is good for a leisurely exploration of Hampi is you plan to spend more than two days.

Room Tip: Book early and insist by calling well before you check in that they clean up your properly before yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AbhijitParkhe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hospet
Hotel Priyadarshini
#2 of 9 in Bellary
Hyatt Place Hampi
Hyatt Place Hampi
#1 of 9 in Bellary

Been to Hotel Hampi International? Share your experiences!