“Good food”

Cuisines: Indian
Bengaluru, India
“Good food”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

During my 3 days stay in Hospet I went to this particular hotel 3 times.The price is reasonable.Mostly i ordered Fish varieties which were really tasty.On one day we also ordered veg varities,even that was good.I will recommend this hotel for anyone staying near Hospet Train/Bus station. The only thing i disliked is somewhat more time they take to deliver the food.But i will not complain about it more because the food was really good.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank gpradeepshenoy

Berkeley, California
“Hard to come up with one rating for this place”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I'll start with the positives. I ordered masala with cashews (think it was kazu masala? I also had two big Kingfishers so might not remember it entirely right) and it was delicious...alas no naan was to be had (too late they said? at 6:30?) but the rice complimented it nicely. The ambiance of the garden was also nice, mood lighting and gazebos for dining.

But the service...I felt like I was an univited guest who had overstayed his welcome. The people were not hostile but it was also not at all solicitous or smiley...things happened in reasonable sequence but I had a weird feeling that the staff would have been perfectly happy not serving anyone at all . They must not have a stake in the profitability of the place.

I'll add that I walked in off the street, looking probably a litlte dirty and sweaty but I think it was also clear I was not a cash strapped backpacker either; I was a potentially (and in truth) a well paying customer who dropped a reasonable amount of cash (by local restaurant standards).

It's a nice, clean, garden-like atmosphere with good food at a reasonable price. Just not a great service experience. Someone who stayed at my hotel recommended Iceland around the corner, perhaps that is worth a look for the next intrepid TripAdvisor visitor to Hospet?

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Retinol13
Los Gatos, California
“Great restaurant Hospet”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This restaurant is definitely worth a visit. They have indian veg and non-veg, but also multi-cuisine food. We had seafood - shrimps prepared different ways, plain, maharani and manshurian, and it was all great. Ambiance is also nice with several little gazebos set in the garden.

One note - even though the neon sign says "Pizza", the owner said that the pizza oven was apparently no success with the local crowd.

• Visited October 2012