“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stay in a lot of hotels with work, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in a long time, Was up graded to a large room with a four poster bed, the room was fantastic. Very friendly staff who are very polite. Will be staying again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am pleased to see that you had such a great stay. We look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel rooms are decorated very nicely and of a good size with flat screen TV and clock radio.
Bathroom with bath and shower. The lobby and bar area was comfortable, but the furniture needs updating. The staff was very friendly. The bar prices were similar to those of local pubs.
The best thing was the evening meal and was one of the best one we have had for a long time.
Good portions, very individual and an excellent taste. The breakfast was a bit of a let down.
It was better on the Sunday when it was hot buffet style. No continental meats however.
The hotel surrounding are very pleasant and the hotel has a very large private car park.

Room Tip: A room at the front of the building or overlooking the court yard is better because our room was at...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel. I appreciate your comments and we are in the process of changing the furniture in the Reception and Bar area with over half of this now changed and the rest to be completed soon. I am also pleased to see that dinner was excellent and I will review our breakfast offering with the Head Chef to ensure we hit the same standards for breakfast.

Once again thank you for your time.
Sheffield
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked a romantic weekend break with my husband for our wedding anniversery. We arrived late due to traffic, although I did telephone ahead to confirm we would be late. We were told that as we were the last to check in the room I had booked ie the delux room with fourposter or sleigh bed, luxurious bathroom, balcony or terrace had been already allocated to someone else. Our only alternative was a double room which on viewing it we decided to move to, it certainly was NOT equivalent to the one I had booked and paid for. It would seem then that Best Western operate on the 'first up best dressed' system so be warned arrive early or you will be allocated the cleaning cupboard or similar as a penalty.

Room Tip: Don't be late checking in!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ava A
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Not very welcoming to guests breakfast was cold the chef would not make any toast unhelpful staff who choose to ignore you and when we checked out a very miserable receptionist would I go there again the answer to that Is quite simply NO!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am sorry that you say you will not be returning in the future. We work hard to ensure that all our guests leave having only had positive experiences and we will use this feedback to improve the service we offer.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at Moore Place for one night whilst attending a beautiful wedding close by. We'd asked for an early check in which was organised for us. Our room was set apart from the main hotel building but was spacious and spotlessly clean - as was the bathroom. Staff were friendly and helpful, ordering taxis etc, really nice touch to get little decanter of something in the room (we didn't get time to drink it!) Breakfast was buffet style, but well cooked, hot and thoroughly enjoyed. I'm thinking the buffet might get a bit busy for later risers though. Enjoyed our stay, great value, would visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claire L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the hotel and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed last weekend and not a bad word to say apart from the chairs in the bar and lounge which are in dreadful need of replacing. Staff said these are due to be replaced so as long as they are not a problem.

Everything else was perfect will be back

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and I am glad that you found on the whole, excellent. I am glad to say we are part way through replacing the chairs and this has been completed in the Reception area and we have now completed redecorating in the bar and lounge area. I do hope you will visit us again and see the improvements we have made.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had to travel with 6 workmates to Milton Keynes for a course and after a long and early start (lots of traffic problems) it took 5 hours to get there. The course was a 2 day one and after the journey it was straight down to work.
We finished the first day at 5 o'clock and that made it a 12 hour day.
What we needed was to get to the Hotel, bath, eat and sleep.

The first problem was NO ROOMS for us.
A block booking was made by our HR department and we had reservation numbers with us and guess what? They only had 3 names on their list.
It took more than an hour to sort something out and the end result was that 2 of us was forced to share.
Next, we booked a table for 8 o'clock in the evening (we were told that a table wouldn't be ready until that time, even though we were all starving.
Ok. 8 on the dot we arrived hungry but clean to be told that there were no tables free and we had to wait another hour.
Not going well.
eventually we sat down to eat and I ordered the most expensive Steak.
Usually, when you order the most expensive steak you receive a decent size steak with plenty of extras on the side. Not this time, I could have shaved with what I received and the extras were a small handful of chips, a half a cooked onion and a half grilled tomato.

I stayed in room 55,,,right next to the main road through this Idyllic village and was worried about traffic noise. I needn't have worried as I slept like a log in the adequate room.
Yes, the room was ok and the bed was very comfortable.
Ok, I do have to add that the breakfast was very good with there being plenty of options and tasty goodies.

Such a shame that there were the failures to start with.

The staff were lost when trying to sort out the problems and The young lady was actually Brusque with us when we did mention the problems. moaning about us to other staff members behind our backs as we were eating.
Opposing this I will add that The older Gentleman who greeted us for Breakfast was very helpful and efficient, as was the young blonde lady that served the tea/coffee and toast.

Good mixed with bad.

Room Tip: From what I hear the older rooms are quaint although my room was 55 and although it was modern and n...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am sorry that your stay was marred by the issues over your room booking. I will review the food offering and quality with the Head Chef and make improvements where necessary but I am glad you found the breakfast very good. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aspley Guise
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!