“Great hotel ”

BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
“Great hotel ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Great out of the way hotel for a night away some of the rooms in the main building have fantastic character with huge 4 poster beds and huge stunning bathrooms and you can always seem to have a deal on the price

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Edward H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your stay with us at Moore Place Hotel. I am really pleased to see you like our Main House bedrooms and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is lovely, the rooms are spotlessy clean comfortable and warm. With the aid of SatNav we found the hotel easily, it is out in the country but very pretty countryside all around. Woburn Sands is about a mile from the hotel. There is nothing in the village of Aspley Guise you do have to venture further afield for entertainment.
The day time staff we found a little lacksidazicle, and not particularily welcoming, however the gentleman on duty during the early hours we found to be more than helpful and a most considerate person. I will visit this hotel again and can recommend a stay here. The main hotel is a must cannot recommend the annex. The food is nothing to write home about however did enjoy my full english breakfast even though it was kept on a hotplate would prefer freshly cooked, the choice however was pretty good.

Room Tip: We had 6 rooms on the ground floor which were excellent room 29 however overlooks a brick wall so no...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at Moore Place and I am pleased to see that you found the standard of accommodation to your liking. I will pass on your comments regarding the team and improve our service to ensure that we consistently offer a welcoming and helpful service.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

On both occasions of staying at the Moore Place Hotel my trip was for business purposes.

The hotel was easy to find, in a really pretty location and the outside looks impressive. Walking to the entrance you go past a lovely pond and waterfall. The receptionist was friendly and efficient. The hotel is split in to 2 sections, the main hotel and the Annex of the building (only across the entrance drive) the annex are clean and tidy and both times I have stayed there the rooms have been lovely.

Previous comments on here have mentioned the lovely bathrooms with the big baths, and I have to agree the bathroom is lovely and the bath is big, as others have mentioned having such a lovely bath, leaves manoeuvring around the bathroom somewhat difficult. I have stayed there twice now (room 62 and 52 in annex), and in both bathrooms the edges of the bath are high and as the taps are central to the outer side of the bath, it does not leave much room to try and climb in or out (out being the hardest, (I am quite petite - 5f 3)). If having a romantic bath for two, I am afraid there is no sexy way of getting in and out the bath. The bath tap pressure means the bath fills up quick (really quick) but also means the water temperature varies between really hot and just warm, so you may want to adjust the temperature once you get in (I like lobster pot hot for my bath)
Saying that this was the only part of the room that was annoying, the room itself was clean, tidy and really well presented, there is even a little tipple of whiskey in a decanter with two glasses beside the bed. The beds were also very comfortable.

The only real downside to the stay was the bar prices (£2.50 for a small soda and lime) and the food, the menu is not extensive (which from previous experience has meant higher quality of the dishes on the menu) however there is a lot to be desired with the food here. I ordered a burger - the burger was £15, and £1.50 for some bacon on top - which at first I thought was not unreasonable, until the burger came. It was well presented on a wooden board, and the chips were in a little metal pot with a paper cone. I lifted up the top bit of bun (as we all do) and to my disappointment the bun had nothing in, no lettuce, no relish, no nothing - it was a 100% plain dry bun - the only thing was my £1.50 slice of over cooked burnt bacon (yes, £1.50 for 1 slice). The burger was not handmade as advertised, it was processed and really tough to cut up and chew. Needless to say I gave up on the burger and tried a few chips, which were homemade and nice. The waitress advised that she herself did not like the burger or think it was good enough for their menu and she made amends to my bill to accommodate the disappointing meal. The waitress advised that there was a new chef trying a new menu. I would not say that this review accounts for the whole menu's taste and quality (as I have not eaten in the restaurant since that evening).

There is a lovely Chinese and Indian restaurant (yes Chinese and Indians - double restaurant) next door (bit pricey but nice) and a there is a lovely pub about a mile down the road on the corner, which serves great pub food, really great value for money and you get salad and relish in your burger bun for less than £8. As an extra bit of gastro info, there is a great Italians down the road called Nonna's, the food is definitely worth the money.

Overall, nice hotel, nice staff, nice rooms, nice bath (albeit difficult to get in and out), nice location but not so great food menu. I would not let the food put you off as you can eat anywhere else nearby.

Room Tip: rooms in the annex are lovely, but the road side rooms are noisier not too bad though as road is a c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel. I am pleased that you like our bedrooms and bathrooms and will take your comments on board regarding our food offering to improve what we offer. I do hope to see you again in the future.
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed at Moore Place before and was just as pleasant as before. Stayed in a double room for 1 night with 3 course evening meal and breakfast included. Room was lovely, clean and spacious. However....on arriving we noticed there was a wedding reception going on. We were told we wouldn't be able to have our evening meal in the restaurant as was fully booked for the wedding. We were told it would be fine as they have another room used for dining. Went down for dinner at half 7 and were taken up 2 flights of stairs to this other dining room! Room was ok but lacked atmosphere and was completely deserted. They did put a small music system in corner so it wasn't deathly quiet....until the cd finished that was! We were eventually joined by another couple but if anything made it even more awkward as we could hear every word they said and vice verse I'm sure! Wasn't really a very pleasant experience however food was excellent as usual. Finished our meal and got the hell out of there! Overall good experience but wished we had been warned in advance the restaurant would be booked out as it is a beautiful room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Edward H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad you found the hotel as pleasant as your previous visit. Unfortunately when we do have Weddings on our Restaurant can be unavailable and we do use another room instead. I will take on board your feedback about this and see if we can enhance our offering on these occasions.
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I booked a two night stay in November that included breakfast each day and an evening meal on the first evening. Our room was No. 58 on the first floor in the Annex. The room was OK but nothing special and proved to be very hot even though the radiator was turned off. The problem was solved by opening the window but we were then woken by the sound of the kitchen extract fan that was opposite our room in the main block. The complimentary small decanter of whiskey was however a nice touch. On a positive note the evening meal was first class and we were free to choose from the a la carte menu. Breakfasts were also very good with a good choice available and a staff who were keen to please. Judging by other reviews we were probably unlucky in having a room in the Annex.

Room Tip: Avoid room 58
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel. I am sorry the room was not to your liking but I am glad to see positive comments regarding the food and service and i will ensure these are fed back to the team. I do hope you will visit us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

just spent a weekend here and I must say it was lovely, I booked a double club room for two with a dog for two nights with one breakfast sitting.
reception is 24 hour, friendly and efficient, we were given an apartment in the cottage which was large and private, parking was ample.
we had breakfast on the second morning which was a yummy full English buffet, staff were very good.

set in a nice village I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Moore Place Hotel and I am pleased to see you gave us 5 stars. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the rest of the team and I do hope you will visit us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aspley Guise
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!