“New years eve 2013”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
Reviewed 2 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We booked into Moore Place for their New Year Gala dinner and we had a fantastic time. The Gala dinner was well planned and everything ran smoothly, the Staff were professional and the dinner was very nice (pre-selected when booking). It was nice to see the Bar, lounge and dinning room have been re-decorated, our room was clean and well presented without any issues. Moore Place is great for quiet/relaxed breaks or getting together with friends.

Room Tip: If you can make your trip special and up-grade to a room in the Main House.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Recently I have been on a tour of business networking breakfast meetings giving talks about my work and jokingly said I am now in a position to write The Good Business Breakfast Guide for southern England. Needless to say some of my "Full English" jobs looked like they had been plated up the night before; bacon like anti-slip shoe soles and scrambled egg for which you needed a hammer and chisel to break off into bite-sized morsels.

But, out of all the business breakfasts I've eaten over the last few months, Moore Place is head and shoulders above all the rest. Nice hot plates but succulent bacon and sausage ... half tomato that still looks like a tomato, not a dead beetle ... tasty, fluffy scrambled egg that's as good as I would make it at home. Bravo chef and the brigade for pulling that off multiplied by 24 or so, pretty much at the same time.

And this wasn't a once-off: in total I have business-brekkied at Moore Place three times in as many months (they host a lot of business networking groups!) and each time - delicious.

Room Tip: Can't really help as I haven't stayed there, but I understand the rooms in the modern extens...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SuzanStMaur
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel is in the centre of the village and gives a good initial impression. Sadly I arrived just as a children's' party was in full flow with boozy parents hogging the bar! The young lady on reception was really helpful and managed to cut through the throng for my desperately needed glass of wine following a long drive! I ordered room service for peace and quiet and this was of excellent std. and delivered right on time. My room was clean, a lovely large bathroom and heating full on (which was good). My only recommendation would be that the room is probably due for redecoration - The wallpaper was a bit 'peely' and the bed, whilst comfortable, could have done with a more impressive cover to suit the room. The curtains ditto. Breakfast was excellent with friendly service. Overall good value for money (I paid for non-cancellation rate).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Edward H, General Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad you had a pleasant visit. I am pleased to see that the staff were helpful and that your room service was excellent.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here on business. My main aim is to get a good nights sleep so a quiet room is a must. the staff are very friendly, food lovely and rooms nice and clean. The restaurant is very quiet. When I asked why I was told it was because guests were "bored" with the menu so now ate in the village establishments. This is a shame as the food was good but I was also informed the menu has been changed to entice people back into eat. The roadside rooms as I was told can be noisy if you are a light sleeper so avoid those. There is an annex as well as the main hotel and I have stayed in both. Both very quiet with the only disturbances being the cleaners staring at 6am. Whilst I appreciate they have a job to do the constant doors banging so early was quite a shame as spoiled a good nights sleep. This week there was a heating issue in the dining room. No fault of the staff and they were very apologetic. An unusual touch in the room was a small bottle of brandy, taking place of the usual water. Not to my taste but I suppose a very nice gesture for those who enjoy the tipple.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper call in advance to avoid roadside rooms or rooms next to cleaners store c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We arrived at the hotel through countryside and were very impressed with the building on arrival.
Spacious car park and welcoming and efficient reception staff.
The window of my room looked out onto the front of the hotel,it was spacious and comfortable
with complimentary tea,coffee etc and a very nice touch was a small decanter of brandy which was free.
The bathroom was large with bath and shower and plenty of hot water and towels.
We enjoyed drinks in the comfortable bar area served by friendly bar staff.
The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and as much as we wanted.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Moore Place Hotel and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!