“Wedding was perfect”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
London, England, United Kingdom
“Wedding was perfect”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had our wedding here on the 27th June 2014.

It was perfect.. The staff were so attentive and worked so well as a team.

They made sure that everything ran smoothly , and that we were happy .

The food was lovely we had a buffet, the guests thoroughly enjoyed it..

The rooms were perfectly maintained.

I found the staff were so friendly and approachable and were very organised.

Wish I could rewind back to the day again to enjoy every minute as it goes so quick.

Moore place will be a fond memory of a very special day.

Thank you again to everyone you were fab! Keep up the good work

Florence Gulliver

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Stratford-upon-Avon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for one night only during our travels from Thorpe park to Lincolnshire. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist, (I think his name was Luke) he advised us on our options to eat in the local area, (we chose the Thai, & highly recommend!) Our room was lovely, yes there was maintenance work going on, but it didn't bother us. It obviously has to happen to keep the hotel looking decent. Our room was lovely and private (trees outside blocking the window) and very peaceful. The bar was open until late, and the staff very attentive and friendly. We didn't have breakfast as we decided a lie in was needed! All round it was a very pleasant stay. Thank you all :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vikki F
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday 2nd August, what a lovely hotel and lovely village. The room was very clean; the staff were very helpful nothing was to much trouble. We had dinner in the hotel on the Saturday and that was very good also. We stayed till the 5th and had a very good experience. I have already recommended the hotel to many of my friends.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor back of the hotel and it was not bad noise wise. we will definitely come...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Booked to stay on the 29th July. After a long day I arrived to find that due to "maintenance work" they had put me in a different hotel but hadn't bothered to let me know. The replacement hotel was in the opposite direction I needed to be heading the next day so not a suitable solution but late in the evening I had no choice but to accept it. I had paid for breakfast but at the replacement hotel they didn't start serving until 7am (as it was a corporate training venue) and I had to leave just before 7am so that part of my booking was wasted. I asked that the hotel manager call me the next day to explain why they didn't contact me (I believe her name is Deborah) but unsurprisingly she didn't get in touch - I presume she is swamped by disgusted guests listing their gripes over her shambolic establishment. Perhaps the worst part of this is that I doubt the maintenance work was surprise/mystery maintenance work so the the hotel would have known when I booked that the room wasn't available yet they still took the booking - simply appalling, unprofessional and unacceptable. Perhaps I should have read some of the other very negative reviews I can see here prior to booking.... Basically if you're looking for a decent hotel don't book this one

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Michael C
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We attended this family fun day on 27th July with our grandson. There was plenty to do with Pony rides, face painting a bouncy castle for the children. Craft stalls were set up inside the hotel and a favourite stall of mine - a sweet stall just as you arrived at the hotel.
There was a bbq and Pimms with strawberrys also very good music from the DJ.
We all enjoyed our day with lots to do for all the family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A very bad experience, booked last minute for business we won’t be using Best Western again, very poor quality. In summary a very tired hotel with very thin walls and ceilings, extremely loud traffic noise, tired dated rooms, poor quality bedding and combined with varying levels of service and incompetence. It looks very promising from the web site and the location but doesn’t live up to it. We booked 3 rooms for 4 nights but were greeted by the receptionist who informed us that they did not have enough available rooms for the four night stay and that it was not their problem! Go elsewhere! Eventually fixed by the manager after some serious complaining, blamed the travel agent but our booking was direct with the hotel. Each day all of the key cards had to be reissued as everybody was locked out, one of those things apparently but all guest rooms every day? Sometimes rooms were left unlocked buy maintenance staff all day. The breakfasts were ok but again let down by not enough glasses for drinks and running out of food even at 7.45 in the morning. Simple things not being managed. If this was a personal booking for family I would be extremely disappointed, for business sometimes you just need to survive. Had there been other available hotels nearby at the time we would had switched. Room standards appear to vary a lot with the cottage style the worst. Simply the worst hotel I have stayed in, do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank DES32
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We all appear to be experiencing the extreme lack of service that Best Western appear to provide for wedding parties!!

My best friends had their wedding reception at the hotel on Saturday the following things went wrong:

The parents of the bride, grandparents of the bride and aunt of the bride did not have their rooms booked despite receiving a confirmation email in November 2013 confirming their booking. As maid of honour I gave up my room for the grandparents but there was nothing else that could be done as the hotel was at full capacity.

The wedding planner who told the bride she would be there to greet them on arrival had the day off.

Upon arrival the room for the wedding breakfast has a pile of cardboard boxes in where the tables had been set up but nothing tidied away after.

Candles on the tables were not lit, this was explained as being down to it being hot on that day?!

The bar staff told guests they could only get drinks if they had exact change or had a room they could charge drinks to as they had run out of change... at around 5pm!!!

There were no tables for breakfast, those that found a seat in the bar had no cutlery or glasses. Then the food ran out!!

If this hotel could mess something up they were going to, I was maid of honour and spent my entire day complaining to staff in the hope that the bride and groom would not notice just how many things were going wrong.

There was an excuse or an attempted justification for ever error made by the hotel. This is not acceptable.

The most ironic part was that the hotel had an open day the next day, I'm assuming this was to drum up more business. We were all very tempted to hang around and save someone else from the hassle that having a wedding there would cause.

Awful, just awful.

Longs Inn Hotel
Longs Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Woburn
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Hilton Milton Keynes
Hilton Milton Keynes
#16 of 34 in Milton Keynes
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!