“Another great stay”

Best Western Moore Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked a short stay at Moore Place to celebrate our friends anniversary so booked two suites for our visit, unfortunately due to an admin error we were given standard rooms instead. The head of Reception, Dec, offered us a drink on the hotel while he sorted out the error, after ten minutes he returned to us to say the rooms were already occupied so offered us compensation for the mistake. We were very impressed with his calm and professional approach and we were very pleased with the outcome. The rest of our stay was up to Moore Place's usual high standards with great food and great staff, thanks Kayleigh and Grant in the bar for joining in the fun!!!!!! Moore Place is good for every occasion from short breaks to parties and weddings.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house or over looking the pond.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Moore Place Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We held our daughters wedding at Moore Place on 1st August 2014, Kim and Mollie from the events team, could not have been more helpful throughout the whole process. On the day they followed our instructions to the tee and it couldn't have been more perfect. All the staff made sure everything went to plan and the service was excellent. We stayed over night and the rooms were 5 star, as was breakfast. We can't thank them enough for making this day so special, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking for the perfect venue, whatever the occasion

Theresa Jackson , Milton Keynes

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you stay all the rooms are excellent and have been refurbished.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had our wedding here on the 27th June 2014.

It was perfect.. The staff were so attentive and worked so well as a team.

They made sure that everything ran smoothly , and that we were happy .

The food was lovely we had a buffet, the guests thoroughly enjoyed it..

The rooms were perfectly maintained.

I found the staff were so friendly and approachable and were very organised.

Wish I could rewind back to the day again to enjoy every minute as it goes so quick.

Moore place will be a fond memory of a very special day.

Thank you again to everyone you were fab! Keep up the good work

Florence Gulliver

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for one night only during our travels from Thorpe park to Lincolnshire. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist, (I think his name was Luke) he advised us on our options to eat in the local area, (we chose the Thai, & highly recommend!) Our room was lovely, yes there was maintenance work going on, but it didn't bother us. It obviously has to happen to keep the hotel looking decent. Our room was lovely and private (trees outside blocking the window) and very peaceful. The bar was open until late, and the staff very attentive and friendly. We didn't have breakfast as we decided a lie in was needed! All round it was a very pleasant stay. Thank you all :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vikki F
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday 2nd August, what a lovely hotel and lovely village. The room was very clean; the staff were very helpful nothing was to much trouble. We had dinner in the hotel on the Saturday and that was very good also. We stayed till the 5th and had a very good experience. I have already recommended the hotel to many of my friends.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor back of the hotel and it was not bad noise wise. we will definitely come...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Booked to stay on the 29th July. After a long day I arrived to find that due to "maintenance work" they had put me in a different hotel but hadn't bothered to let me know. The replacement hotel was in the opposite direction I needed to be heading the next day so not a suitable solution but late in the evening I had no choice but to accept it. I had paid for breakfast but at the replacement hotel they didn't start serving until 7am (as it was a corporate training venue) and I had to leave just before 7am so that part of my booking was wasted. I asked that the hotel manager call me the next day to explain why they didn't contact me (I believe her name is Deborah) but unsurprisingly she didn't get in touch - I presume she is swamped by disgusted guests listing their gripes over her shambolic establishment. Perhaps the worst part of this is that I doubt the maintenance work was surprise/mystery maintenance work so the the hotel would have known when I booked that the room wasn't available yet they still took the booking - simply appalling, unprofessional and unacceptable. Perhaps I should have read some of the other very negative reviews I can see here prior to booking.... Basically if you're looking for a decent hotel don't book this one

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
#15 of 35 in Milton Keynes
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!