“Beautiful room, fabulous breakfast, great service.”

Best Western Moore Place Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aspley Guise
Bradford
“Beautiful room, fabulous breakfast, great service.”
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I was delighted with the standard of my room, which was almost suite sized with a four poster bed, spacious bathroom and lovely window seat. The room felt luxurious in small details, for example the period style furniture and large mirrors. Breakfast was generous with a great range of well prepared foods from which to choose. All this at a very reasonable rate. I regularly stay in hotels for business and delighted with every aspect of my short stay. I also left my straighteners which the staff located and sent on to me. Full marks!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
MoorePlace, Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2009
Dear LorraineMoss,
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us at Moore Place Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to read positive comments from our guests; I will certainly pass on your kind words to our team.
We very much look forward to seeing you again at Moore Place Hotel in the future.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Zhuhai, China
Reviewed 20 November 2009

We stayed at this hotel 13/14th Nov, first impression was the photo on the website and on here is very misleading, looks like it’s a hotel with a long drive, were in reality it’s only yards from the road.

The reception is quite tired with doors that did not meet a leaking roof, reception staff were pleasant and efficient.

We were assigned room 58 in the building across the car park, the room was quite small and as we arrived around 18:00 we spent only a few minutes in it before going to dinner with friends, on returning our first impression was “cricky it’s hot in here” the radiator was on full in the bathroom and was impossible to turn off, so we thought no problem open the windows.

What we had not noticed was our room was directly above the main security door to this section of the hotel, this meant all through the night until 3.30am people and taxi’s were arriving, people talking/shouting loudly outside our open window and keeping us awake. This is the worst night’s sleep I’ve ever had, avoid this room at all costs. One last thing about this room is there is a large radiator in the hallway outside the room, again with no knob? This radiator was the main reason the room was so hot!

The following morning we moved to room 25 which was much better, we were going to a party in the evening and I needed to have a sleep in the afternoon otherwise I would never have made it to 12 O’clock, it’s a shame really I think this hotel cause my weekend to not be as enjoyable as it should have been, not getting a good night’s sleep when you’re having a weekend break is not good.

The breakfast was good, but the service was a bit too slow for my liking, If it states breakfast starts at 08:00 you should not have to wait until 08:20 for the full English to be ready to serve.

The staff were very friendly, but its the comfort of the room that your really looking for, I would not choose this hotel again unless I was getting a bargain price and would defiantly not stay in room 58.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjdavey
MoorePlace, Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2009
Dear, cjdavey,
Thank you for your recent review, your comments are appreciated and we will be taking action as appropriate to rectify any shortcomings experienced on this occasion. I would like to reassure you that your experience was the exception rather than the rule and that I hope we shall not judged too harshly on this occasion.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Regards
hants
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My partner and I arrived in the middle of a storm however the calm and lovely atmosphere soon made that disappear from our minds. A very nice reception from the staff and although the decoration looked a little tired in the bar we did enjoy our stay.

Only 1 complaint the bath wasn't as clean as I would have liked however overall we were very comfortable, the breakfast was very nice and served at a reasonable hour on a Sunday.

I would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear tiggshants,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, your comments are very much appreciated. I do hope that it wont be too long before we have the pleasure of your company once again.
Regards

Toulouse
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Very stylish ols school hotel. Enjoy our stay there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
MoorePlace, Manager at Best Western Moore Place Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2009
Dear "windowatcher"
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I am always pleased to read about the positive comments from our guests and will pass on your kind words to the rest of our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Klshgrl
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We travelled to this hotel from North America to attend one of my friend's weddings. It was a beautiful setting. Our room was perfect and the hotel was very child friendly. We had excellent service and the wedding we went to hear was beautiful.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Dear "Klsggrl",
Thank you for your recent review following the wedding you attended at our Hotel. I was pleased to read your positive comments and to hear that you enjoyed the wedding. My team and I hope that it will not be too long before we once again have the pleasure of your company.
General Manager.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This is a favorite of some of my business associates. I cannot fault it. Pleasant Georgian building in a lovely village. Super friendly staff, great breakfast, nice wine list, and very mellow atmosphere. Ok it is a little tired in places, but it is perfectly alright.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Dear Mr Crown,
Thank you for your review following your visit to our hotel in September 09. I am always grateful for the positive feedback that we receive on Trip Advisor as it allows us to continue towards our goal of Excellent Customer Service.
I hope you will be pleased to hear that we are currently in the process of refurbishing a selection of our bedrooms to give them a more modern and contemporary feel. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel the next time you are staying with us and I would be more than happy to show them to you.
Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aspley Guise
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to Best Western Moore Place Hotel? Share your experiences!